Singapore Reckless Drivers Part XII

RadX

5 hours ago, Jellandross said:

I noticed many ignorant drivers tend to overestimate own car capability and ended up in such situation then feeling very emo due to own selfpwn.

I think the GLB trying to play games with cam car also. 

Was going slowly then cam car must be think just overtake....

I feel the cam car driver should change car and camera.😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
33 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

Usually i will try to signal and move to centre of the merging lane once the arrows start to curve towards each other.... That works for most part but cannot solve the problem of idiots driving onto road shoulders just to squeeze pass you to get in front of you. 

Hmmmm….haven’t encounter idiots like that yet.

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Just move to the centre of the road earlier. That’s what I do nowadays.

But still will get horn from the car behind who want to overtake you. I kena horn few times before liao. Lol.

• Haha! 1

28 minutes ago, 13177 said:

But still will get horn from the car behind who want to overtake you. I kena horn few times before liao. Lol.

Frankly, just move swiftly and safely to centre of merging lane. The rest will form up and become a single file v quickly. 

Dun ai mai scare this scare that. If lack confidence, just slow to allow the left or right vehicle to overtake and u just follow. 

Main thing is to move at optimum flow instead of inch abit abit n then some ego start to rear its head by refusing to give way, ending every car half on shoulder, half on lane. 

Its really not difficult and traffic is smoother and quicker. Quite satisfying too to see in rear mirror all the vehicles start following in a single file. 

Just my personal experience. So far, no horning cos I dun dilly dally, will give way to anyone at a point until I attain the centre position. Then it's all the way single file till join the main expressway. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 8

Hypersonic
45 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Honk lo….not happy bang my backside la. Haha…

Don’t ai mai ai mai…just move quickly to the centre once you see the merging arrows. You scared and give them a bit of space they will cut you off. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged
5 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I will never stop road hogging. Never.

:D

Some Drivers[Idiots],maybe don't know they switch on their High Beam,some Drivers[also Idiots],don't know they never switch on Headlights,they Rear complete Darkness.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 4

11 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Hmmmm….haven’t encounter idiots like that yet.

You try slip road joining PIE(towards Tuas) and CTE (towards woodlands)... Many idiots there... Especially when the lanes are supposed to be merged into a single lane, many will squeeze side by side towards the very end... 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

You try slip road joining PIE(towards Tuas) and CTE (towards woodlands)... Many idiots there... Especially when the lanes are supposed to be merged into a single lane, many will squeeze side by side towards the very end... 

Nicoll highway to kpe. 3->2->1. I try to avoid that entrance when possible

• Praise 4

8 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I will never stop road hogging. Never.

:D

Erm... With the high beam so bright... How the cam car driver see the VRN? 

That said, most cars will have anti-dazzle function in the rear and side view mirrors by now. Should not have bothered the cam car any bit... Unless he road hogging? Why he can insist on being in lane 1 for so long... Just to enjoy the extra luminosity? 

Also, as a driver, if I am bothered by the car at the back high beaming me when I am in the 1st lane, just filter to 2nd lane to let him/her pass and filter back in after to switch on the high beam to brighten the road for him/her since he/she likes the road brighter. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 8

Hypersonic
15 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

Ah yes, I used that sometimes. True, it’s quite wide. Should just redraw the lines and make it 2 lanes. 🤣

(edited)
On 6/19/2022 at 3:53 PM, Vratenza said:

Hate these kind of private carparks that do not follow conventional RHD keep left traffic rule. 

VW also blur sotong lah... But warrant putting up on Road Vigilante meh? 

Follow the wall markings . Can’t get any obvious than that.

but I digress .. even for some roads like the capitol hotel coming out of carpark u be on the wrong side of the road as well

Edited by Sdf4786k

1 minute ago, Fcw75 said:

Ah yes, I used that sometimes. True, it’s quite wide. Should just redraw the lines and make it 2 lanes. 🤣

I believe the single lane is there for a reason, because it is an elevated road bridging over the PIE, if the structural load bearing is designed to handle a single lane of vehicles (mind you, large trucks and coaches use that slip road too), having double file of vehicles just doubles the supported weight. You just need a nice confluence of multi-tonne commercial vehicles jammed up on the bridge at the same exact time....

I hope LTA over-engineer that bridge sufficiently. 

• Praise 7

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Etnt said:

Nicoll highway to kpe. 3->2->1. I try to avoid that entrance when possible

This entrance why always jam with cars entering the kpe? I see liao also give up and avoid this entrance.

Turbocharged
31 minutes ago, 13177 said:

This entrance why always jam with cars entering the kpe? I see liao also give up and avoid this entrance.

Shears Ave to KPE oso same same.. jam..

Cars using KPE had increased as more BTO /estate ready in pungol.. and they widening roads in Pasir Ris.. so more will use KPE.. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3