Singapore Reckless Drivers Part XII

RadX

1 minute ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Haiyaaa.....🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 😒

Behind the silver Mercedes’ arm chio

he keep to the right hand side giving more space for motor

motor people see big space squeeze big oil but motor is unknowingly used as shield to guard the big gap

• Haha! 6

Turbocharged
26 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Hope insurance don’t pay

hope govt sue him lamp post money, ambulance money, block the road money, Cheong gong coe, car scrap 

Many of us drivers have been wishing for this kind of drivers to take down ERP gantries instead, and yet they keep failing us. 

• Haha! 6

4 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Many of us drivers have been wishing for this kind of drivers to take down ERP gantries instead, and yet they keep failing us. 

Need drunk container truck driver

• Haha! 4

Supersonic
2 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

No. That will make it more wonderful for motorists and other road users. 

You can see many cars on the road even if the petrol price is 10.00 dollars/litre.😂

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
30 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Haiyaaa.....🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 😒

Lane splitting is the safest way to ride a bike.🤬😪

• Haha! 7

1 hour ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

29 June 2022. Audi crashed into traffic light along Guillemard Road; driver arrested for suspected driving.

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/singapore/story20220630-1288149

涉酒驾撞灯柱 跑车男被捕.

来自 / 新明日报

文 / 刘丽敏

发布 / 2022年6月30日 2:58 PM

image.png.65a3fa0343a93ce3dd2b3a5c8ae3d039.png

40岁的奥迪跑车司机疑酒驾,凌晨失控撞上灯柱与红绿灯,还冲去逆向车道,打滑100米后停下,当场被警方逮捕。

image.png.2afc2b462d8425a79adf4d83c1d35421.png

这起车祸发生在星期三(6月29日)凌晨2时04分,地点是在芽笼一带的基里玛路(Guillemard Road)。

读者何先生(55岁,殡葬服务人员)通知《新明日报》,当时下班回家途中目睹这起车祸,他看见一辆黑色奥迪停在车道上,现场已有救护车抵达。

他看见一名男子坐在救护车内,另有一名女子则站在一边,相信男子是司机。他也指出事发地点就在加冷消防局前,交通灯都被撞毁。

《新明日报》记者星期三晚走访车祸地点,发现被撞坏的交通灯已完成抢修。附近咖啡店茶水档老板陈先生(35岁)透露,当时在档口里坐着,突然听到从远处传来轿车引擎声,探头查看时,轿车已失控出事。

他发现除了交通灯被撞歪外,同位置的灯柱也被撞倒,现场一片狼藉。

image.png.6500f614d346652d272aac0298966941.png

打滑百米 车头撞毁

据他观察,失控轿车是一辆两门式的奥迪跑车,与灯柱距离约100米,相信当时轿车失控后,打滑与冲撞到逆向车道时,才撞倒交通灯与灯柱。

“我看见车内一男一女从车内走出,站在路边,看似没受重伤,车头则撞得毁坏不堪,安全气囊弹出。”

约10分钟后,他目睹两人的朋友驾车前来协助,其中一辆是保时捷跑车。

警方受询时透露,接获涉及一辆轿车的意外,40岁男司机疑涉及酒驾被捕,清醒下送院,案件调查中。

完整报道,请翻阅2022年6月30日的《新明日报》。

=====================================================

Translated:

A 40-year-old Audi sports car driver was suspected of drunk driving. In the early morning, he lost control and crashed into a lamp post and a traffic light. He also rushed to the opposite lane, slipped 100 meters and stopped, and was arrested by the police on the spot.

The accident happened at 2.04am on Wednesday (June 29) on Guillemard Road in Geylang.

Reader Mr. He (55 years old, funeral service worker) informed Shin Min Daily that he witnessed the accident on his way home from get off work. He saw a black Audi parked in the driveway and an ambulance had arrived at the scene.

He saw a man sitting in an ambulance with a woman standing aside, believing the man was the driver. He also pointed out that the incident happened just in front of the Kallang Fire Station and the traffic lights had been knocked out.

A reporter from Shin Min Daily visited the crash site on Wednesday night and found that the damaged traffic light had been repaired. Mr. Chen (35), the owner of the tea stall in a nearby coffee shop, revealed that he was sitting in the stall when he suddenly heard the engine sound of a car from a distance.

He found that in addition to the traffic light being knocked crookedly, the lamp post at the same location was also knocked down, leaving the scene in a mess.

Skidded 100m skid and crashed

According to his observation, the out-of-control car was a two-door Audi sports car with a distance of about 100 meters from the lamp post. It is believed that after the car lost control, it slid and rammed into the opposite lane before hitting the traffic light and lamp post.

"I saw a man and a woman in the car get out of the car and stand on the side of the road, seemingly uninjured, but the front of the car was devastated and the airbags deployed."

About 10 minutes later, he saw friends of the two, one of them a Porsche, come to help in a car. When asked, the police revealed that they received an accident involving a car, and the 40-year-old male driver was arrested for suspected drunk driving. He was sent to the hospital sober and the case is under investigation.

Another warm up practise for eventual tanjong pagar track day 🔥

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

AWD would be the most appropriate acronym, and for that car. Somewhat different from a 4WD vehicle which generally has locking differentials.
Nowadays most of the SUVs only 2WD. But in that case, could AWD really save the situation.?🤔

If all 4 wheels lose traction, simi esp or traction control also no use. Also, if go too fast over a pool of water, there might not be enough reaction time for the computer to determine which wheel to send power to and you will still skid. 

Best is to hold the wheel with both hands, slow down but keep your foot on the throttle. This will prevent stepping on the brake pedal when one panics. Stepping on the brakes is the worst method if you want to gain traction. 

• Praise 3

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Vratenza said:

From the picure, looks like the side rail penetrated from the front right of the car and peeled it off the posts wrapping the entire right side. 

It was either no seat belt or there was cabin intrusion. 

Screenshot_20220701-084809_Chrome.thumb.jpg.557bb245d176c2ecffa4b306ff7054b3.jpg

I think the guard rails on Malaysian roads are not dangerous. The tips of the guard rails are not bent and buried in the ground. There are so many cases of cars being pierced through. They become skewers.

• Shocked 2

(edited)

I think the guard rails on Malaysian roads are not dangerous. The tips of the guard rails are not bent and buried in the ground. There are so many cases of cars being pierced through. They become skewers.

Not dangerous or dangerous?

Edited by Mockngbrd

Supersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

Respectfully disagree. With the right car, tires, and good roads, 110 is perfectly fine. 

good roads meaning no puddle with good water dissipation,  this is  unlikely to fin din SGP.  Right tyres meaning good wet tyres which we dont usually use a wet tyres, but even a good performance all weather tyres, unless one keeps the tyres condition to new, menaing good thread.

In summary, good car and good tyres maybe, there is no good roads, better drive slowly under heavy rain , no loss . 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
44 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

You can see many cars on the road even if the petrol price is 10.00 dollars/litre.😂

I definitely will make sure all my car cameras are working and rolling.

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

I definitely will make sure all my car cameras are working and rolling.

...and do lots of close up.🤐

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

good roads meaning no puddle with good water dissipation,  this is  unlikely to fin din SGP.  Right tyres meaning good wet tyres which we dont usually use a wet tyres, but even a good performance all weather tyres, unless one keeps the tyres condition to new, menaing good thread.

In summary, good car and good tyres maybe, there is no good roads, better drive slowly under heavy rain , no loss . 

Yes, that's y good tyres, decent car, and good roads. SG have la, some sections are good. But no, I won't go 110km/h in SG heavy rain. 

• Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Yes, that's y good tyres, decent car, and good roads. SG have la, some sections are good. But no, I won't go 110km/h in SG heavy rain. 

haha  it is wise not to . and most of the lane 1 have puddles, most of the cars move the lane 2 if not all. I dont see how we could drive so fast, not that I will anyway, I am the most humchee person. 😅

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1