Jump to content

Singapore Reckless Drivers Part XII


Recommended Posts

Supersonic
29 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I am one who hope food delivery platforms run out of cash soon and stop such services.  There is no career future especially for the young people in this line. Just wasting all their years of education. Literally dead end job. 

What do these young ppl do previously?

We can always say it is a dead-end job.

There are ppl who like this kind of job. 

There is 1 such person here.

 

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites
2nd Gear
(edited)
1 hour ago, Confusedboi said:

Singpaore is already very unequal and unforgiving society where money is worshipped as god, the worse income inequality gets, the more social unrest will occur. The ruling party in their ivory towers still oblivious to this growing problem which will one day explode in their face

Personally, u voted or the majority voted for it then have to live with it. Mistakes made but un-punish. Merry go round or officially called "cabinet reshuffle", still the same team managing or parachute ah bang ah lek to govt control companies. 

Welfare? CDC voucher, etc, increases tax to help the poor :D I always worry when govt mentions to give me a chicken wing... I know I need to return a chicken farm. 

 

Edited by jcmm
  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
1 hour ago, Confusedboi said:

The reason why many people are doing grabfood delivery is due to higher pay than other jobs in F and B. The more deliveries you do, the more you earn.

Can be up to 4plus K SGD or more which is a lifeline for many Singaporeans who are not able to get better jobs due to lack of paper qualifications and competition from foreigners particularly in F and B sector where wages are not high enough to sustain for Singaporeans. 

Without these grab food and other gig economy choices like PHV driver/ goods delivery you will see the unemployment rate sky rocket, Singapore lacks welfare benefits all that so you can imagine what will happen if all these people lose their source of income.

Singpaore is already very unequal and unforgiving society where money is worshipped as god, the worse income inequality gets, the more social unrest will occur. The ruling party in their ivory towers still oblivious to this growing problem which will one day explode in their face

It has been like this ever since the country was founded.

It was less pronounced in the good old days when low-level job is a lot.

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear
On 6/24/2022 at 7:43 AM, Vratenza said:

Well, most of these are either old and COE left 1-2 yrs car waiting to write off in an accident or PHVs who will most likely self pawn if they ever submit their own video anyway. 

That's the problem with drivers these days right... 

If the car is due for the scrapyard soon, they simply heck care and the maintenance budget simply drops to $0.

Same as the coasting topic for fuel savings in the other thread where many guys here observe an increasing trend of fellow motorists coasting at the expense of holding up traffic behind them, local drivers simply reek of a damned "Me Me me" attitude... 

The worse part about this is that a vehicle, when poorly maintained, becomes a potential weapon or threat to everyone else around them. 

Drivers who refuse to install dashcams should be penalized when submitting an insurance claim (not get a deduction/perk when they submit WITH video footage); likewise anybody who lets their vehicle breakdown on a public road should be jailed or penalized to pay for everyone else who got stuck in the jam they created. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

If Driver is working in a Workshop,then He have a Special Insurance for Driving Customer's Car.

Don't think this "Special Insurance" will cover when the person was literally hooliganing the customer's car around at unsafe speed and condition.

Even if they want to so called test the brake/Quattro system after any repair...the insurance will be dumb to accept that reasoning in light of the security footage.

but....I like that they don't cover...can sleep better at night😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

I am one who hope food delivery platforms run out of cash soon and stop such services.  There is no career future especially for the young people in this line. Just wasting all their years of education. Literally dead end job. 

Easy solution for the ones in power whose job is to make sure the people have decent paying jobs and not to contribute to the "unemployment" figures.

  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

The reason why many people are doing grabfood delivery is due to higher pay than other jobs in F and B. The more deliveries you do, the more you earn.

Can be up to 4plus K SGD or more which is a lifeline for many Singaporeans who are not able to get better jobs due to lack of paper qualifications and competition from foreigners particularly in F and B sector where wages are not high enough to sustain for Singaporeans. 

Without these grab food and other gig economy choices like PHV driver/ goods delivery you will see the unemployment rate sky rocket, Singapore lacks welfare benefits all that so you can imagine what will happen if all these people lose their source of income.

Singpaore is already very unequal and unforgiving society where money is worshipped as god, the worse income inequality gets, the more social unrest will occur. The ruling party in their ivory towers still oblivious to this growing problem which will one day explode in their face

Many locals are hardworking and will do whichever job that provide higher pay.

But F&B frontline staff requires hard work and a personality for such job.

Need good EQ.

Pay is just a part that fail to attract local to work in F&B. Many people also just don't like to serve others. 

Of course there are consumers that's hard to serve.😓

  • Praise 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

I am one who hope food delivery platforms run out of cash soon and stop such services.  There is no career future especially for the young people in this line. Just wasting all their years of education. Literally dead end job. 

Later LTA also implement age criteria as taxi driver. 

Must be above 30years old😅

Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
(edited)
2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Don’t understand the purpose of positing the photo of the deceased lying on the road. RIP.

Everyday, put your life at risk by riding on the road. This is not the first and it won’t be the last. Go get a more stable job in F&B.

I just post what was posted in asiaone.😅

And chose to pose reckless driver thread instead on reckless cyclist thread out of respect that he had passed away and not create the perception or speculate the deceased was reckless. 

"Not saying can driver is reckless too"😅

Both involved are doing their job to deliver goods to their customers. I think Asiaone posted the photo to highlight the risk of bicycle delivery.

Just now one road, I saw young delivery girl on e-bike....wearing a cap with ponytail instead of wearing a cycling helmet. 🤦

 

Edited by Atonchia
  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jcmm said:

Personally, u voted or the majority voted for it then have to live with it. Mistakes made but un-punish. Merry go round or officially called "cabinet reshuffle", still the same team managing or parachute ah bang ah lek to govt control companies. 

Welfare? CDC voucher, etc, increases tax to help the poor :D I always worry when govt mentions to give me a chicken wing... I know I need to return a chicken farm. 

 

No loh, some of us never vote for yaya papaya, always voted for oppo but in my area not enough pple support them ( SDP), Dr Chee kena smeared and character assassinated for many many years by lamestream media so many pple against him.😕

Yeah we all know PAPPY pattern, give you chicken wing, they take back entire chicken🙄

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
Just now, Confusedboi said:

No loh, some of us never vote for yaya papaya, always voted for oppo but in my area not enough pple support them ( SDP), Dr Chee kena smeared and character assassinated for many many years by lamestream media so many pple against him.😕

Yeah we all know PAPPY pattern, give you chicken wing, they take back entire chicken🙄

Dr only got himself to blame.

The way he conduct politics in his younger days is not acceptable here.

Ppl perception of him can’t be changed.

The way forward for him is to train up next Generation.

 

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Many locals are hardworking and will do whichever job that provide higher pay.

But F&B frontline staff requires hard work and a personality for such job.

Need good EQ.

Pay is just a part that fail to attract local to work in F&B. Many people also just don't like to serve others. 

Of course there are consumers that's hard to serve.😓

yeah its tough man, many years back did part time as waiter in one of the jap restaurant at taka for a few months.

Not easy man, got tipped once by a gentleman ( think it was 5 dollars), still remember it up to now lol. That time many of the staff were Malaysians or from Indonesia already.

 

  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
12 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

I just post what was posted in asiaone.😅

And chose to pose reckless driver thread instead on reckless cyclist thread out of respect that he had passed away and not create the perception or speculate the deceased was reckless. 

"Not saying can driver is reckless too"😅

Both involved are doing their job to deliver goods to their customers. I think Asiaone posted the photo to highlight the risk of bicycle delivery.

Just now one road, I saw young delivery girl on e-bike....wearing a cap with ponytail instead of wearing a cycling helmet. 🤦

 

No la bro, I’m saying Asiaone and others.

Yes, some riders don’t even take care of their own safety.

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6th Gear
1 hour ago, jcmm said:

Personally, u voted or the majority voted for it then have to live with it. Mistakes made but un-punish. Merry go round or officially called "cabinet reshuffle", still the same team managing or parachute ah bang ah lek to govt control companies. 

Welfare? CDC voucher, etc, increases tax to help the poor :D I always worry when govt mentions to give me a chicken wing... I know I need to return a chicken farm. 

 

Super agree!! Recently government give utilities rebates and $100 more CDC vouchers and I even got $100 for NS55 even though I already MR. I am always doubtful when government gives out these “chicken wings”. Election coming? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
Just now, Daniu82 said:

Super agree!! Recently government give utilities rebates and $100 more CDC vouchers and I even got $100 for NS55 even though I already MR. I am always doubtful when government gives out these “chicken wings”. Election coming? 

U save (utilities rebate) has been there since 2021.

It continues till Q1 2023.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged
1 hour ago, Atonchia said:

Later LTA also implement age criteria as taxi driver. 

Must be above 30years old😅

Taxi license age has always been minimum 30 y.o.

  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

i recall taxi license used to be minimum 35 years old? Then they revised downwards to 30 years old several years ago I think?

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...