At least I gentleman and bid $007

:D

After my hero James Bond

image.png.e6e6c861bf9369015253523e09a39197.png

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
On 5/6/2022 at 3:00 PM, 13177 said:

You so fast already recee those showroom selling EV if they have nice coffee and biscuits ah? I never go to many car showroom, but so far seems like KMC served the best food stuff? Last time even have buffet for lunch and tea break.

Used to go there for lunch. Hehehe. On weekends.

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
On 5/6/2022 at 3:00 PM, 13177 said:

You so fast already recee those showroom selling EV if they have nice coffee and biscuits ah? I never go to many car showroom, but so far seems like KMC served the best food stuff? Last time even have buffet for lunch and tea break.

You do remember my journey to get a Honda city? It took years from decision to car.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Supersonic
10 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

You do remember my journey to get a Honda city? It took years from decision to car.

Sure remember your classic journey to get a City. So if you plan to get a EV, so this time again need to take years? 😅 

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 5/6/2022 at 4:09 PM, Recharging said:

Cat B super interesting. For a good 5 minutes, everyone was pakat dont dare to cross $90,003. Bid count going up but premium static. Furthermore seems like many individual bidders this time.

April 2nd bid: Quota 550 Received 687
May 1st bid:   Quota 527 Received 699 (+12)

Clearly got some people die die must have car next week, make everyone pay $2k more.

It was me!

@Jamesc 

54 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

It was me!

It's a pretty smart strategy. Wait till last minute, then bid $1 billion dollars as long as the dealer can stomach a marginal increase.

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
5 hours ago, Jamesc said:

It was me!

If your MIL force you, just say your MIL la.  No need to say it was you

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

If your MIL force you, just say your MIL la.  No need to say it was you

I never like to tell lies.

When its me I always say its me.

When its her I will say its her.

• Praise 1

(edited)
On 5/6/2022 at 9:57 AM, Jamesc said:

All my customer come to see me and tell me

I think COE will come down because they want to change car.

This is called wishful thinking.

They want to buy car so they WISH COE comes down.

Sell them a Toyota Wish! 

Edited by D3badge
  • Haha! 1

If, for example, the COE drops by $10K, will the AD's usually drop their car prices by the same amount? Same if the COE moves in the opposite direction.  If the COE drops $10K but the selling price drops less than that, would that be because the AD takes more profit or does that mean the that OMV of the car is cheaper?

6th Gear
(edited)
1 hour ago, SLing said:

If, for example, the COE drops by $10K, will the AD's usually drop their car prices by the same amount? Same if the COE moves in the opposite direction.  If the COE drops $10K but the selling price drops less than that, would that be because the AD takes more profit or does that mean the that OMV of the car is cheaper?

Yes that's correct. When COE is low, sellers have more room for profits

Edited by Lotr

On 5/6/2022 at 4:09 PM, Recharging said:

Cat B super interesting. For a good 5 minutes, everyone was pakat dont dare to cross $90,003. Bid count going up but premium static. Furthermore seems like many individual bidders this time.

April 2nd bid: Quota 550 Received 687
May 1st bid:   Quota 527 Received 699 (+12)

Clearly got some people die die must have car next week, make everyone pay $2k more.

What is paying 2k more when the coe is already so high?

19 hours ago, SLing said:

I think it depends.  Cos once it drops, it is expected to rise.  So the price of the car never drops as much as the Coe cos the bid will be for the next round which is expected to rise.

But during GFC when Coe just keep dropping the yea, lots of bargain if your job is stable.

Way back in 2010, I booked a Vios.  Paid for non-guaranteed COE.  Too long ago,  I cannot remember the exact numbers & cannot find the receipt.  I remember watching the bidding "live" & I remember that the bids seemed unrealistically low.  Paid so much, so why can't they just bid $800 more & I would have got the COE.  Next thing I know, the SE calls me & asks me to top up or I can't get a COE.  

I don't know the inside story but I wonder if the AD's have a rough idea how much the next COE will cost & whether it will be higher or lower than the last one.  Or maybe it is better to buy a car when the COE is going down.  If you book at rock bottom, the next one will be higher and the dealer is not willing to bid too high to get the COE?

↡ Advertisement
  • Angry 1