COE Bidding – May 2022

Carbon82

Supersonic
7 minutes ago, SLing said:

Way back in 2010, I booked a Vios.  Paid for non-guaranteed COE.  Too long ago,  I cannot remember the exact numbers & cannot find the receipt.  I remember watching the bidding "live" & I remember that the bids seemed unrealistically low.  Paid so much, so why can't they just bid $800 more & I would have got the COE.  Next thing I know, the SE calls me & asks me to top up or I can't get a COE.  

I don't know the inside story but I wonder if the AD's have a rough idea how much the next COE will cost & whether it will be higher or lower than the last one.  Or maybe it is better to buy a car when the COE is going down.  If you book at rock bottom, the next one will be higher and the dealer is not willing to bid too high to get the COE?

Thought BM would seldom ask customer to top up de? So back in 2010 BM asked you to top up when you booked a vios?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

@13177

On 5/12/2022 at 11:30 AM, 13177 said:

Thought BM would seldom ask customer to top up de? So back in 2010 BM asked you to top up when you booked a vios?

unfortunately, yes, I did top up and I eventually got my car.   I had no choice because my old car was dying.  I wonder who decides on how much to bid when you buy from an AD.  Is it the management team, is it your SE?  How do they decide how much to bid for each customer?  Is there a ranking system of which customer has priority? From your statement, it appears that PI's are less reliable than AD's when it comes to COE bidding?

Edited by SLing

Supersonic
14 minutes ago, SLing said:

@13177

unfortunately, yes, I did top up and I eventually got my car.   I had no choice because my old car was dying.  I wonder who decides on how much to bid when you buy from an AD.  Is it the management team, is it your SE?  How do they decide how much to bid for each customer?  Is there a ranking system of which customer has priority? From your statement, it appears that PI's are less reliable than AD's when it comes to COE bidding?

How much to bid confirmed not from your SE. In every AD, there should have one delicated team to bid for coe following the company instruction i guess.

During that time, maybe the car price sell to you is low or at promo price and then the actual coe went up, thats why they asked you to top up. If coe no went up, they should not asked you to top up and should secure the coe for you at the car price you paid.

On 5/13/2022 at 1:10 PM, 13177 said:

How much to bid confirmed not from your SE. In every AD, there should have one delicated team to bid for coe following the company instruction i guess.

During that time, maybe the car price sell to you is low or at promo price and then the actual coe went up, thats why they asked you to top up. If coe no went up, they should not asked you to top up and should secure the coe for you at the car price you paid.

Head's they win, tails you lose. There is no upside risk for them, but when COE is low, they capture the gain. If this is not market failure,...

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, Soundphile said:

so quiet until can hear a pin drop...

image.thumb.png.381a8a848428e4a7c9894256147d032f.png

So fast coe bidding again? 😂 This round coe bidding will end tomorrow instead of today lo. So come back tomorrow at 3.45pm. Lol.

Edited by 13177

Hypersonic

I know for a fact that car dealers come here and see @Carbon82 graphs to decide.

Well at least one dealer does 

:D

On 5/13/2022 at 11:52 AM, SLing said:

@13177

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic

If car dealer always win then everyone would be a car dealer.

We don't win lah.

Its LTA that gets your COE money not the car dealer.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

A 100k COE is not cheap but a 100k COE today is much cheaper than 100k COE 25 years ago.

So COE had not really kept up with inflation.

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
48 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

If car dealer always win then everyone would be a car dealer.

We don't win lah.

Its LTA that gets your COE money not the car dealer.

@Jamesc, what is your company name? I would like to patronise you. What cars you have ?

• Haha! 2

43 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

@Jamesc, what is your company name? I would like to patronise you. What cars you have ?

you cannot ask James what cars he has, he will ask you what car you want..:grin:

• Haha! 3

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

So fast coe bidding again? 😂 This round coe bidding will end tomorrow instead of today lo. So come back tomorrow at 3.45pm. Lol.

oh yes.. totally forgot about it. ok, tmr then..

Hypersonic

I never ask people what car they want.

I only ask how much money they have.

Because whatever car I have will soon be under their name

and however much money they have will be in my pocket.

That's the secret of sales.

The worse salesman always tell you no they don't have the car you want on their lot and you don't have enough money for their cars.

I never say that.

For me however much money you have is always enough and whatever car I have can do the job.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2