SG Car Choice Review

Eklips

i think it's about time that i write about my personal experience with SG Car Choice.

i engaged them about few months back. i sent them my price and request, and communicated over the phone.

Throughout the conversation, she only said everything can be discussed. she do not want to commit and be transparent unlike other dealers.

she also said will help check on some queries which she did not when we met up to view the car, very unprofessional.

so i have to repeat my questions again, and she went to check with her colleagues 1 by 1.

though their selling price is the lowest but they will crawl back from other items.

1. low interest rate comes with admin charges. this was not highlight when i questioned her over the phone. only informed when we met up.

2. top up required to upgrade the headunit. she is still "kind" enough to say she will help to cover a portion of it.

3. Additional cost to choose color.

In summary, she give me feeling that if i were to sign with them, they will come up with more charges to crawl back their money, not transparent.

my advise is to get them to commit first before wasting time going down. i went down because they say they got the car to test drive.

nothing can be discussed without money involved. 

wasted my time there waiting for her to check on all my questions which i have already informed her earlier on.

on FB, they will delete all the bad comments from buyers. i managed to saw a post before they deleted it. they were not honest about the car and refused to refund the buyer.

they deleted the buyer post and block him from further commenting. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

@Freeder LOL. donno, mask was on all the time. 

and i also don care she chio or not.

Im there to buy car not patronize her.  

• Haha! 3

Supercharged
22 minutes ago, Eklips said:

i think it's about time that i write about my personal experience with SG Car Choice.

i engaged them about few months back. i sent them my price and request, and communicated over the phone.

Throughout the conversation, she only said everything can be discussed. she do not want to commit and be transparent unlike other dealers.

she also said will help check on some queries which she did not when we met up to view the car, very unprofessional.

so i have to repeat my questions again, and she went to check with her colleagues 1 by 1.

though their selling price is the lowest but they will crawl back from other items.

1. low interest rate comes with admin charges. this was not highlight when i questioned her over the phone. only informed when we met up.

2. top up required to upgrade the headunit. she is still "kind" enough to say she will help to cover a portion of it.

In summary, she give me feeling that if i were to sign with them, they will come up with more charges to crawl back their money, not transparent.

my advise is to get them to commit first before wasting time going down. i went down because they say they got the car to test drive.

wasted my time there waiting for her to check on all my questions which i have already informed her earlier on.

on FB, they will delete all the bad comments from buyers. i managed to saw a post before they deleted it. they were not honest about the car and refused to refund the buyer.

Deleting all negative reviews is a big red flag. I won't buy from them. 

• Praise 2

(edited)

Read from Carro lo. You fall exactly on this 2 category.

https://carro.sg/blog/buy-a-used-car-avoid-tricked/

1. Extra Hidden Charges

Dealers often add on an ‘admin fee’, which they explain to be for the handling of paperwork such as applying for loans and insurance. However, this is totally unnecessary in most cases. Dealers already earn a fair amount of commission from the cars they sell, as well as from insurance and bank loans.

2. Gimmicks

Not uncommon in the industry, it’s good to keep wary of certain deals that are too good to be true. Because they’re usually misleading and inaccurate. With a myriad of sneaky and dishonest dealers looking to make a quick buck, you ought to be wary of their deception.

These dealers would usually advertise a car at a crazy low price. But when you show your interest, they’ll tell you that the car has been sold off. Before offering you a similar car but at jacked up prices.

That's why if you dont want to be a carrot head better go do a lot of reading before you buy.

Buying used car cannot go for lowest possible price. Go for the platform like the one I mentioned, go for reputation, go for direct seller etc. But still need to read up regardless to safeguard yourself.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 9

Supersonic
52 minutes ago, Eklips said:

Collected your new ride?

Congrats if yes and do share some photos too. 

Glad u took time and effort to do own research before deciding on which dealer to go with. Save yourself from the potential mess that others have encountered.

Thanks for sharing. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 4

Internal Moderator

I not trying to be skeptical, but there is always 2 side of the same coin.

You agree on the pricing, if the service is not satifactory, then this not SG CAR CHOICE, that is the salesperson not good.

Chio one usually don't give good service one.

Don't ask me why i know. 😂

• Haha! 13

Hypersonic

Serves TS right for not going to 

the friendliest and best known car dealer in MCF.

:D

The one with the bad bad MIL.

Don't want to make it too obvious

in case MCF keep asking him to pay advertising fees.

• Haha! 5

Hypersonic

You can thrust Koba san

He learnt these things the hard way.

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

You agree on the pricing, if the service is not satifactory, that this not SG CAR CHOICE, that is the salesperson not good.

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
27 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

You can thrust Koba san

He learnt these things the hard way.

They say the harder the better leh. So i learn the hard way lor. hahahahah

• Haha! 4

Hypersonic
2 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

They say the harder the better leh. So i learn the hard way lor. hahahahah

image.png.225b3b10529b28309d1821876d4c81cb.png

• Haha! 5

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

image.png.225b3b10529b28309d1821876d4c81cb.png

She must had said it wrongly, or her statement was being quoted wrongly, or there's a printing error.😙😁

• Haha! 2

23 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Read from Carro lo. You fall exactly on this 2 category.

https://carro.sg/blog/buy-a-used-car-avoid-tricked/

1. Extra Hidden Charges

Dealers often add on an ‘admin fee’, which they explain to be for the handling of paperwork such as applying for loans and insurance. However, this is totally unnecessary in most cases. Dealers already earn a fair amount of commission from the cars they sell, as well as from insurance and bank loans.

2. Gimmicks

Not uncommon in the industry, it’s good to keep wary of certain deals that are too good to be true. Because they’re usually misleading and inaccurate. With a myriad of sneaky and dishonest dealers looking to make a quick buck, you ought to be wary of their deception.

These dealers would usually advertise a car at a crazy low price. But when you show your interest, they’ll tell you that the car has been sold off. Before offering you a similar car but at jacked up prices.

That's why if you dont want to be a carrot head better go do a lot of reading before you buy.

Buying used car cannot go for lowest possible price. Go for the platform like the one I mentioned, go for reputation, go for direct seller etc. But still need to read up regardless to safeguard yourself.

Ya, I'm here to point out the sneaky and dishonest dealer I met to bring awareness. 

Done alots of reading to understand what kind of tricks they are up to.

21 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

You agree on the pricing, if the service is not satifactory, then this not SG CAR CHOICE, that is the salesperson not good.

The sales represent the company. If this is how she present herself shows what the company allow her to do. 

She consultanted her colleagues meaning all of them will do the same trick hence this is what the company is made of.

23 hours ago, PSP415 said:

Collected your new ride?

Congrats if yes and do share some photos too. 

Glad u took time and effort to do own research before deciding on which dealer to go with. Save yourself from the potential mess that others have encountered.

Thanks for sharing. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

Yea. Collected that's y I think it's time to write the review. 

Ill be writing a review of the one I signed with. Will need sometime to access their after-sales service. 

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Next time find ugly SE🤣

Looks not important as long as the person is honest and transparent.

Cannot do it say cannot do it. Don't waste each other time saying everything can be discuss. Only money talks.

Twincharged
56 minutes ago, Eklips said:

Looks not important as long as the person is honest and transparent.

Cannot do it say cannot do it. Don't waste each other time saying everything can be discuss. Only money talks.

Typical local sales tactics. Just want to get you down and then do their supposed “gong Tao” magic on you. If not there in person their “magic” of the 3c’s won’t work. 

↡ Advertisement