Family vacation post covid

Wind30

Turbocharged
17 hours ago, 13177 said:

Always heard not safe to drive in the dark in perth, due to animals. That time when i was in perth also avoid driving in the dark, unless no choice.

We encountered a small animal that jumped into the path of our car when driving back from Melbourne penguins after dark. No chance to avoid one… it’s like the animal is suicidal….

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

for winter sunrise about 730am, sunset begins about 5pm plus onwards, 6pm will be dark already.

Rain depends, perth  area is extremely dry so not that much rain even in winter.

Dark by 6 pm feels a bit of a waste for me lar... ha ha... still prefer the summer holiday vibes...

On 5/7/2022 at 9:28 AM, Wind30 said:

Ya, the sunlight is another level… wonder why. 

Lower latitudes I guess, sun is at a lower angle hence shines more directly into your eyes I guess... worst during the sunrise and sunset hours...

19 hours ago, 13177 said:

Always heard not safe to drive in the dark in perth, due to animals. That time when i was in perth also avoid driving in the dark, unless no choice.

Inside the city is ok... but not in the outback and highways leading outside the city... too many kangaroos and rodents... crashing into a kangaroo will be a major disaster which insurance may or may not cover... very tricky...

• Praise 2

On 5/7/2022 at 2:50 PM, teomingern said:

I did both in Dec 2019... straight to Pinnacles in the morning then on the return trip to Perth stop by the Lancelin Sand Dunes... quite fun especially if you have hat and sunglasses... sunglass is a must due to the terrible glare from the reflected sunlight off the white sands...

oh yah, heard so much about the sun and skin cancer down under, so will always bring sunglasses when there. very important when driving, esp if sun is in front. actually, if it's mid morning or mid afternoon, when sun is rising or setting, and vehicle is directly facing the sun right in front... even with the best sunglasses also still too glaring leh...

Supersonic
On 5/8/2022 at 6:58 PM, teomingern said:

Inside the city is ok... but not in the outback and highways leading outside the city... too many kangaroos and rodents... crashing into a kangaroo will be a major disaster which insurance may or may not cover... very tricky...

Ya, driving in the dark outside the city is not safe like what you mentioned. Thats why that time we must plan our time driving to avoid this.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Atrecord said:

oh yah, heard so much about the sun and skin cancer down under, so will always bring sunglasses when there. very important when driving, esp if sun is in front. actually, if it's mid morning or mid afternoon, when sun is rising or setting, and vehicle is directly facing the sun right in front... even with the best sunglasses also still too glaring leh...

Use the sunshade to block direct sun into eyes, and sunglasses with Polaroid lenses to reduce the off-road or water glare and specular reflections (those intense reflection points) which tend to be blinding... for me Polaroid lenses are a must... those fashion sunglasses without such lenses are useless...

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Ya, driving in the dark outside the city is not safe like what you mentioned. Thats why that time we must plan our time driving to avoid this.

My holiday mantra is simply wake up whatever time you want to, do one thing in the morning, have a long leisurely lunch, then do one more thing in the afternoon, go back to hotel for rest, then have dinner nearby (within 5 min drive if necessary to drive), and laze the evening away until time to sleep lor... after all you're on holiday right? Like this will never drive at night... cos my eyesight is pretty hopeless at dusk...

• Praise 2

20 hours ago, Wind30 said:

perth city

perth009.jpg

Which part is this? Honestly in my second trip, for my two weeks in Western Australia, I hardly ventured into Perth City... mainly in Fremantle, and surrounding areas... and most of the days spent in the more beautiful south... I think the only time I entered the city is to drive to our hotel each day and on our final day drive to Kakulas Brothers to buy fresh nuts and most importantly super fresh camomile tea flowers... maybe I already did it in my first trip lar... 

Turbocharged
31 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Which part is this? Honestly in my second trip, for my two weeks in Western Australia, I hardly ventured into Perth City... mainly in Fremantle, and surrounding areas... and most of the days spent in the more beautiful south... I think the only time I entered the city is to drive to our hotel each day and on our final day drive to Kakulas Brothers to buy fresh nuts and most importantly super fresh camomile tea flowers... maybe I already did it in my first trip lar... 

near the blue house. Just a street corner 

3 hours ago, Wind30 said:

near the blue house. Just a street corner 

Oooo... nice... your son looks so happy... and looks like his sister too... would love to experience cold weather... but I only can go in Dec which is already pretty warm often... my last trip was quite hot actually... only two nights at Margaret River that coincided with a bit colder weather...

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Karoon said:

@Wind30 nice pic, but I always get a bit nervous letting them play among trees and bushes in Australia 

Because of insects?

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Tohto said:

5 hours ago, Tohto said:

Because of insects?

Their spiders and snakes mainly 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
19 hours ago, Karoon said:

@Wind30 nice pic, but I always get a bit nervous letting them play among trees and bushes in Australia 

All my pics are taken from like max 3 min walk… because my back was crappy throughout the trip due to too long never carry backpack. 

↡ Advertisement