Family vacation post covid

Wind30

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, teomingern said:

Wah piang, seriously need so many bodies meh... you really very dedicated lor... ha ha... use prime lenses and one lens one body... each body over $3000 or $5000 for the A9...  faint... high SES...

I don’t buy anything other than maybe iPad and cameras… the a73 and a9 is bought many years ago…

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
54 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

yep, went there and they advise to take it another day....anyway, no need to q anymore....

there's even more pple q for the cdc voucher...:yeah-im-not-drunk:

Alamak you still go all the way to the vaccination center since you are unwell? :o

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

yes, if you are planning to go in summer, pls bring along tons of suntan lotion...else is going to be roasted porky

That's why World Cup is in Nov mah...

(edited)
1 hour ago, Didu said:

Without a court verdict, the insurance will try to wiggle out of the claim. Who love insurance?  😁

Phuket resort can claim insurance payouts for Covid 19 lockdown losses: High Court

A luxury resort in Phuket can claim insurance payouts for losses arising from Covid 19-related lockdowns after the Singapore High Court ruled that the resort's commercial insurers' policies should cover these losses.

In what is believed to be the first such ruling here on the interpretation of business interruption clauses in the context of the pandemic, Justice Pang Khang Chau found that QBE Insurance (Singapore) and MS First Capital Insurance are liable to indemnify the owner of Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort for losses after it closed on April 7, 2020 on order of the Thai authorities.

According to Relax Beach, which is represented by Senior Counsel Siraj Omar of Drew & Napier, QBE and MS First Capital had agreed to provide insurance coverage for business interruption losses suffered by its properties including Le Meridien Phuket as a result of certain events set out in the policy. This included the resort's closure as a result of the outbreak of an infectious disease. On April 3, 2020, Relax Beach notified QBE's Thai associate, KWG Insurance, that it intended to make a business interruption claim. It did so on May 26, 2020 but was rejected by the defendants on May 29 on the basis that the business interruption cover required an outbreak of Covid-19 at the hotel. .

hzphuket170522.jpg?VersionId=7XHkW3GegUU

https://redhot.sg/phuket-resort-can-claim-insurance-payouts-for-covid-19-lockdown-losses-high-court-137739.html

Wah... this one sure any insurance company will wiggle out also lar... talking about 10s of millions of dollars leh... now it's up to the interpretation of the clauses in the insurance contract... from what I read today in the papers, I think the insurance company sure lose one lar... already got landmark UK case where the Supreme Court there ordered the insurance company to pay out... Singapore follow British Law basically... verdict sure sama sama...

After this episode, confirm premiums will jump for insurance policies with pandemic or epidemic clauses...

Edited by teomingern
  • Praise 1

54 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

I don’t buy anything other than maybe iPad and cameras… the a73 and a9 is bought many years ago…

Bro... one Sony Alpha 7 Mark IV can pay for my air tickets for my whole family to Oz with change to spare lor... ha ha... last I check in Jan before the Ukraine War, BA Economy Lite to London only $3000+ for 2 adults, 1 child and 1 baby lor... wah... that's why I never upgrade my Alpha 99 Mark I... or my NEX-6... too painful...

On 6/29/2023 at 10:40 PM, munnatsheikh said:

I wanna add that June is an excellent time to visit Europe, and I must say, Germany is an incredible country to explore. From vibrant cities like Berlin and Munich to picturesque towns like Heidelberg and Rothenburg, there's so much to see and experience. Personally, I'm really looking forward to immersing myself in the rich history and stunning landscapes of Germany. By the way, during my travel planning, I came across this fantastic website called DB Fahrplan (https://www.dbfahrplan.com/de/). It's super convenient for booking train tickets in Germany. Trust me, it's a game-changer when it comes to getting around and exploring different cities and regions.

Very good advertisement.....