Family vacation post covid

Wind30

Hypersonic
5 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

You went in summer months? In  Aussie winter months it’s nicer, no flies around. If you go towards late afternoon and evening the views maybe better IMO once the sun starts to set around 5pm plus. Only problem with that is when you head back to Perth the roads will be pitch black  already  since it’s dark by 6pm. Online pictures show the view is awesome at night seeing the stars all that but I have not gone there at night before lol. 

IMG_1229.MOV

Stars can be heng suay at times?

I was in Margaret river before. Totally no light pollution on the farm. But almost zero stars. Cloud cover can obscure as well.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Confusedboi said:

Nice did you go to the pinnacles further up north? Be careful of speeding there, I kena  fine AUD 200 plus from my last trip in  end June  2019. 

Nope, we turned back at the dunes 

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Where's your daughter? Don't wanna be in pictures again? Still got that teenage angst?

ya, she is sulking behind me...

A few of the RARE pics with my daughter. Raebun Orchad for autumn leaves but no red leaves....

_A7_6175.jpg

• Praise 7

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Enye said:

how far north did you go in the end?

after lancelin to pinnacles then cervantes for lobster?

😅

lancelin only.... we did not want to drive too far. Most of our time is spend lazing in hotel 🙂 we stayed in perth for 3 nights. 

26 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

You went in summer months? In  Aussie winter months it’s nicer, no flies around. If you go towards late afternoon and evening the views maybe better IMO once the sun starts to set around 5pm plus. Only problem with that is when you head back to Perth the roads will be pitch black  already  since it’s dark by 6pm. Online pictures show the view is awesome at night seeing the stars all that but I have not gone there at night before lol. 

IMG_1230.MOV

yup, we normally will go during year-end holidays. Oh winter months no flies... that's news to me. I went twice for hols was year-end; once for reservist think prob Oct/Nov period, all got lots of flies... until i'm well-trained to use my left hand to fan above the food to prevent flies landing on my food, while the right hand will hold the spoon/fork to get my food... simultaneously....

We left for Pinnacles around think 8 am, and by the time we reached back Perth, was mid/late afternoon already. Only drove in darkness a few times while there, but not for 'long haul' drives like to Pinnacles.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

some words about travelling to perth.

Other than stupid scoot flight back to singapore was delayed by 1.5 hrs, everything was smooth. Zero covid tests taken. It is like Covid was not there at all.

no masks indoors either in Perth.

• Praise 3

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

lancelin only.... we did not want to drive too far. Most of our time is spend lazing in hotel 🙂 we stayed in perth for 3 nights. 

Weather should be cooling around this time.

did you head out to Fremantle? 

Edited by Strat

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Strat said:

Weather should be cooling around this time.

did you head out to Fremantle? 

Yup went there for lunch on the last day. Weather was very good. Clear sunny 10-24 deg

41 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Yup went there for lunch on the last day. Weather was very good. Clear sunny 10-24 deg

During this time, my favorite autumn crisp grapes are in season.  

I prefer visiting during winter. Cold but not harsh.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Atrecord said:

i also went to Pinnacles, and didn't know/hear of Lancelin... but that's cos i was not the one researching and planning the itinerary...

afterthought of Pinnacles, though, is that it's not worth the long long drive leh... and our rental iMax didn't have sunshade, so the kids were trying all patterns to block the glaring sunlight...

and as usual... so many flies, ha ha ha...

Wow !! I remember the flies ….. was like swarming every cubic inch of air space 😅

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Stars can be heng suay at times?

I was in Margaret river before. Totally no light pollution on the farm. But almost zero stars. Cloud cover can obscure as well.

im not sure, i would guess its probably heng suay and depend on cloud cover as well. but its location in the desert should mean there will be less cloud cover i think lol

2 hours ago, Wind30 said:

Nope, we turned back at the dunes 

Good decision. Pinnacles is overrated.

Did you go down south?

Turbocharged
9 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Good decision. Pinnacles is overrated.

Did you go down south?

Nope, we just went on the long weekend. We went south on a previous trip though but many years ago

• Praise 1

(edited)
27 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Perth city. Blue house.

_DSC5960.jpg

wow the water levels are so high..

This blue house is now a mini tourist attraction on its own which was not the case 10 plus years ago that time social media still in its infancy haha

Edited by Confusedboi

Supersonic
5 hours ago, Atrecord said:

i also went to Pinnacles, and didn't know/hear of Lancelin... but that's cos i was not the one researching and planning the itinerary...

afterthought of Pinnacles, though, is that it's not worth the long long drive leh... and our rental iMax didn't have sunshade, so the kids were trying all patterns to block the glaring sunlight...

and as usual... so many flies, ha ha ha...

Indeed a long long drive to Pinnacles, that time when i went to Perth, whole trip itinerary i also no plan and i was just a follower. Lucky got my sunglasses, as the sunlight in perth really glaring.

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Wind30 said:

some words about travelling to perth.

Other than stupid scoot flight back to singapore was delayed by 1.5 hrs, everything was smooth. Zero covid tests taken. It is like Covid was not there at all.

no masks indoors either in Perth.

Think budget airlines always high chance might have flight delayed?

↡ Advertisement