Hypersonic
2 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

He himself mopped the floor leh.😁

Na bei….mopped floor. 😒🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Bro, that’s what the lady who cut my hair told me too but you won’t know what is it like until you go thru’ the same thing. Mind deteriorating is the worse.

Anyway, rant’s over. Time to do housework then go repair tyre. 😅 

I feel for you. If she needs special care and she cannot take care of her basics. It is tough. 😪

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
10 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Bro, that’s what the lady who cut my hair told me too but you won’t know what is it like until you go thru’ the same thing. Mind deteriorating is the worse.

Anyway, rant’s over. Time to do housework then go repair tyre. 😅 

Your presence will mean a lot to her even her mind is deteriorating by the day…

• Praise 6

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

I feel for you. If she needs special care and she cannot take care of her basics. It is tough. 😪

1 hour ago, Freeder said:

Your presence will mean a lot to her even her mind is deteriorating by the day…

Thanks bros. Hopefully this life do enough good things then next life will have a better life. 🤣

That’s if the earth is still around and Armageddon haven’t come.

• Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

She’s lucky but I’m not so fortunate.

People always say it’s my fortune to take care of my mum until they go thru the same thing then they will know the ba wu.

The question to most caregivers is Why Me?

Hang in there bro. Tough times pass by faster than you can look back...I know it too well and it's never easy on the caregiver...just stone it through liked how we did during NS...

PM me if you need to learn more... 

Tap on this for the one dragon service and subsidies...I benefited from it and I must say garment has done well on that front collectively

https://www.aic.sg/care-services/nursing-home

• Praise 4

Hypersonic
(edited)
4 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Hang in there bro. Tough times pass by faster than you can look back...I know it too well and it's never easy on the caregiver...just stone it through liked how we did during NS...

Tap on this for the one dragon service and subsidies...I benefited from it and I must say garment has done well on that front collectively

Thanks for the link, I will take a look bro.

Lucky my dad still ok and not like that, still can help out here and there. If both like that, I think I will go Switzerland for the assisted suicide liao. 🤣

Edited by Fcw75
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Fcw75 said:

Thanks for the link, I will take a look bro. 👍🏼

It'll be faster to engage a social worker to escalate a case. I did that when my old man was in hospitalised...everything from there onwards was promptly advised, arranged and taken care of. Of course, still need to effort some leg works and phone calls...

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
9 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

It'll be faster to engage a social worker to escalate a case. I did that when my old man was in hospitalised...everything from there onwards was promptly advised, arranged and taken care of. Of course, still need to effort some leg works and phone calls...

My friend father same. Was hospitalized for a month then a social worker took over his case. The father doesn’t want to stay in nursing home so they got a caregiver who take care of him at home. 

He told me govt subsidized a lot.

• Praise 3

Supersonic
46 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Thanks bros. Hopefully this life do enough good things then next life will have a better life. 🤣

That’s if the earth is still around and Armageddon haven’t come.

It is tough. You may need to look for ways/technology to lighten or simplify your chores. 🙂

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

She’s lucky but I’m not so fortunate.

People always say it’s my fortune to take care of my mum until they go thru the same thing then they will know the ba wu.

The question to most caregivers is Why Me?

You are a filial son! Think of it this way. When you are very young, you are likely to create a mess out of everything, shit inclusive, and it was your parents (high likely your mum) who will have to bear with it and clear the mess for you. You are a father right, so you should know what I am referring to.

Yes, I know it will just takes a few years to clear "shit" for kids, yet there's no due date or definite timeline for aging parents, but not you then who (if you are the only kid)? Look on the bright side, at least you still have them with you. 好心有好报。

• Praise 5

Hypersonic
(edited)
24 minutes ago, SGMCF328 said:

You are a filial son! Think of it this way. When you are very young, you are likely to create a mess out of everything, shit inclusive, and it was your parents (high likely your mum) who will have to bear with it and clear the mess for you. You are a father right, so you should know what I am referring to.

Yes, I know it will just takes a few years to clear "shit" for kids, yet there's no due date or definite timeline for aging parents, but not you then who (if you are the only kid)? Look on the bright side, at least you still have them with you. 好心有好报。

Haha, married but don’t have kid bro. Don’t want my kid to go thru what I going thru. 🤣

Just joking, actually it’s I don’t think I have the capability of having one since I’m only doing part time work now.

Guess have to be self-reliant. Asian values very different from western values. No right or wrong.

Not the only child but the one staying with them. 

Thanks.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2

On 5/9/2022 at 11:18 AM, mersaylee said:

Yes, AIC is the right organisation to seek assistance from. They will assign someone to talk to you, try to understand your needs, before proposing solutions catering to the patient and caregiver needs.

On 5/9/2022 at 11:39 AM, Fcw75 said:

My friend father same. Was hospitalized for a month then a social worker took over his case. The father doesn’t want to stay in nursing home so they got a caregiver who take care of him at home. 

He told me govt subsidized a lot.

We seek help from them when my late dad was bedridden (well technically in veg state) and we family members debated hard on the options given, and eventually put him at nursing home, since none of us have the capability to take care of his daily needs. A painful decision (to me at least) but works well overtime.

AIC help us with sourcing for a suitable nursing home and securing a bed under priority scheme (only possible through them), and yes, the fee was heavily subsidised. Do approach them the soonest. 

• Praise 7

Hypersonic
37 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Yes, AIC is the right organisation to seek assistance from. They will assign someone to talk to you, try to understand your needs, before proposing solutions catering to the patient and caregiver needs.

We seek help from them when my late dad was bedridden (well technically in veg state) and we family members debated hard on the options given, and eventually put him at nursing home, since none of us have the capability to take care of his daily needs. A painful decision (to me at least) but works well overtime.

AIC help us with sourcing for a suitable nursing home and securing a bed under priority scheme (only possible through them), and yes, the fee was heavily subsidised. Do approach them the soonest. 

Thanks bro, will learn more from you next time we meet for MU. Hopefully @mersaylee join too. 😁

• Praise 3

Yup, AIC's social worker helped in sourcing and negotiated with elderly day care facilities to accommodate us...then the eventual hospice care which was the hardest final option to take up...

I was, however, more than glad and grateful for the services rendered by the nursing home even though it wasn't our preferred choice initially due to the location.

At the very least, since I have had experience in that kind of facility...I'm kinda prepared for my final lap should I ever end up there one day 🥴

• Praise 3

9 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Thanks bro, will learn more from you next time we meet for MU. Hopefully @mersaylee join too. 😁

Just jio...got ah lian or not...prefer got 😁

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
27 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Just jio...got ah lian or not...prefer got 😁

Ah lian beer ladies must go to AMK 711. 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2