No more physical birth certificates - ICA

Roborovskii

14 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Lucky for my boy I have the opportunity (privilege) to write down his chinese name, family particulars on a piece of paper right in front of the ICA officer and see it printed out. 👍👍👍👍 Hand it to my wife at home personally. Laminate and file it in the family profile file. 

Yep, this is the very thing that will be lost come May 29. For me it isn't so much the security of digital form or that an original physical copy may be needed at some point in time. It is the officiation of the state recognizing the birth of your child. Maybe new parents might not miss this, but imagine if you have a child born before 29 May 2022, then another after, and one has an original official birthcert, while the younger's birthcert was printed on your home printer 😆 To me it's a disrespect by the state to personhood.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

38 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

What are you guys saying?? Digital copy means you can still use your printer to print out a hardcopy and laminate it as usual. You may make thousands of copy, put it on your wall, in your safe, paste it on your chest, print it on a T-shirt, give a copy to your in laws and even your nanny. It is for absent minded ppl who like to lose their things. No need to kah jiao ICA and keep asking to get a copy.

Take a good look at your I/C.

Were your assertions to be true, I can simply carry a photocopy - after all it has the same barcode and information, surely I must have the original. So why does it have special security features such as the Lion’s head/IC number flip? It also has colour flip text in its design. These things let someone know it’s not a forged document. 

You don’t get all that assurance with a photocopy/printed document.

Supersonic
6 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Take a good look at your I/C.

Were your assertions to be true, I can simply carry a photocopy - after all it has the same barcode and information, surely I must have the original. So why does it have special security features such as the Lion’s head/IC number flip? It also has colour flip text in its design. These things let someone know it’s not a forged document. 

You don’t get all that assurance with a photocopy/printed document.

Bank don't accept duplicated (image printed and laminated) IC. Need to show my original. 😁 Tried with many banks and confirmed.

Supersonic
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Roborovskii said:

Yep, this is the very thing that will be lost come May 29. For me it isn't so much the security of digital form or that an original physical copy may be needed at some point in time. It is the officiation of the state recognizing the birth of your child. Maybe new parents might not miss this, but imagine if you have a child born before 29 May 2022, then another after, and one has an original official birthcert, while the younger's birthcert was printed on your home printer 😆 To me it's a disrespect by the state to personhood.

It should be a choice policy and not a directive sort of policy. 

My view. 😁

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 3

Supercharged

When can we have our passports implanted into ourselves? So we can just scan ourselves and don't need to waste time and money to renew our passports? 

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

to me no different, I hardly see my birth cert or even my kid's one, or my marriage cert, or whatever cert.

always good if there is an alternative source instead of panicked where I put them when needed.

I think this digital cert is not for you to access forever, there is a timeline for you to download it into your own personal digital device and keep it yourself. And the digital copy will not be in the system anymore after the validity date liao? 😂

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

I think this digital cert is not for you to access forever, there is a timeline for you to download it into your own personal digital device and keep it yourself. And the digital copy will not be in the system anymore after the validity date liao? 😂

Similar to digital IC in your SingPass app.

10 hours ago, Jman888 said:

in future without a phone your are a nobody [laugh]

In future, they implant a chip in your head and QR & Bar code on your left arm. 😁

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)
4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Similar to digital IC in your SingPass app.

Bank don't accept my digital IC. Still need me to present my original physical IC. 

Anyway digital birthcert does it mean any foreigner also can fake (fraud) a digital birthcert?

Wow population numbers going to increase very soon!

Edited by Kopites

39 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Aiyo, should just let the new born baby have a singpass when he/she is born mah.

Can access to hers edusave, singhealth, birthcert and all.

This is inevitable. Without paper, that means less manpower and more automation.

Just plant a chip to the head lor .... :=B:

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

In future, they implant a chip in your head and QR & Bar code on your left arm. 😁

Can implant on my butt? I mean the smoothest and whitish portion. 😁

• Haha! 4

1 minute ago, Kopites said:

Bank don't accept my digital IC. Still need me to present my original physical IC. 

Anyway digital birthcert does it mean any foreigner also can fake (fraud) a digital birthcert?

If your phone got hacked, thousand of "Kopites" all over the world having the same birthcert & nric number ... :=B:

:XD:

• Shocked 1

Supersonic
17 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

When can we have our passports implanted into ourselves? So we can just scan ourselves and don't need to waste time and money to renew our passports? 

Few days ago I read government is in the process of implementing passportless departure airport. 😁

Good. No stamp chop so can easily escape to Thai/Vietnam/batam/bintan without trace behind. 😁

2 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Can implant on my butt? I mean the smoothest and whitish portion. 😁

What you sit on hard surface and bend the chip causing it to spoiled how .... :wut:

Than you become stateless with no identity .... :we-all-gonna-die:

Or the nurse will molest your butt again to implant another chip. :secret-laugh:

• Haha! 2

16 minutes ago, Kopites said:

How does fake cert contribute to increase in population?

20 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

you watch too many sci-fi movies, can think of something different? [laugh]

• Haha! 2

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

you watch too many sci-fi movies, can think of something different? [laugh]

Not sci-fi hor, reality coming  ..... 

They tried out during COVID with the 'Token" where everyone were issued one or on your HP TTA. [sly]

:grin:

But @Kopites likes it on the butts .... :secret-laugh:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

10 hours ago, Roborovskii said:

Born a nobody. Birth cert go home and print it yourself. I guess even after graduating from Uni, no need any convocation ceremony, school will email to you your cert, print it yourself 😆 

Actually, this is a more common way now. There are so many fake physical certs and results slips now that the employers are logging in / requesting the university to send over a true certified digital cert and result slip to prove that your 1st class honour / dean list is real. Of course if they see that you are 2nd lower or below they do not even need to check. lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3