No more physical birth certificates - ICA

Roborovskii

Supersonic
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Ahwhye said:

another step to reduce some part of our existence to just some bits and bytes somewhere in some remote servers...

not that bad lah, since most of us are just some tiny negligible digits in this grand scheme of things now....  🤣

Male = 1

Female = 0

001101100😁

😁

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, 13177 said:

No need to safekeep all the NRIC liao, really making the job becoming so easy now?! Lol.

there will be a manpower crunch in the coming future. best is to plan ahead.

Not enought baby leh. You want the clerk to work till 65 and look for your IC with a magnifying glass meh. hahah.

• Haha! 3

(edited)
10 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Whose Chinese name on IC is 繁體?

😜

Mine is Traditional Chinese 👍 when can we have a digital government huh 😆😆😆

Edited by Inlinefour
  • Haha! 3

Supersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

there will be a manpower crunch in the coming future. best is to plan ahead.

Not enought baby leh. You want the clerk to work till 65 and look for your IC with a magnifying glass meh. hahah.

You will be surprise many people now even above 65 still quite healthy and alert to work hor. Maybe no problem looking for your IC?! 😂  Retirement age will be increased eventually to 65 and re-employment to 70. So at age 65 still consider young lo?! 😅

And you can also see many people still can drive above 65 or some even in their 70s. 

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Kopites said:

Bank don't accept duplicated (image printed and laminated) IC. Need to show my original. 😁 Tried with many banks and confirmed.

Recently I opened a bank account and applied for a credit card with another bank using just Singpass / Myinfo. 

It is scary how much info is in there, info that G has all these while but they are now being consolidated in one location now.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Recently I opened a bank account and applied for a credit card with another bank using just Singpass / Myinfo. 

It is scary how much info is in there, info that G has all these while but they are now being consolidated in one location now.

Dont you need physical IC for account opening? My case they always asked for my original physical IC.

Edited by Kopites

8 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Dont you need physical IC for account opening? My case they always asked for my original physical IC.

I didn't even visit the bank. Everything was online. I didn't even mail out any physical form. 

This started way back in 2017, most banks are now onboarded.

https://www.tech.gov.sg/media/media-releases/opening-bank-accounts-becomes-more-seamless-and-convenient-for-myinfo-users

How It Works?

Every Singpass user will be automatically included in the Singpass data platform. Each SingPass user’s personal detail will be securely stored on the platform. As a Singpass user, you can send requests to Myinfo with Singpass for it to pull your personal details and fill in online application forms for you whenever you transact with a participating public agency. DBS/POSB is one of the banks that has onboarded via Myinfo with Singpass.

• Praise 3

33 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I didn't even visit the bank. Everything was online. I didn't even mail out any physical form. 

https://www.tech.gov.sg/media/media-releases/opening-bank-accounts-becomes-more-seamless-and-convenient-for-myinfo-users

How It Works?

Every Singpass user will be automatically included in the Singpass data platform. Each SingPass user’s personal detail will be securely stored on the platform. As a Singpass user, you can send requests to Myinfo with Singpass for it to pull your personal details and fill in online application forms for you whenever you transact with a participating public agency. DBS/POSB is one of the banks that has onboarded via Myinfo with Singpass.

Recently, I signed up for Atome using SingPass.

Got $30 discount for new user🤭

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

How It Works?

they can even access to your credit bureau rating before approval.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
13 hours ago, 13177 said:

You will be surprise many people now even above 65 still quite healthy and alert to work hor. Maybe no problem looking for your IC?! 😂  Retirement age will be increased eventually to 65 and re-employment to 70. So at age 65 still consider young lo?! 😅

And you can also see many people still can drive above 65 or some even in their 70s. 

yah. my father is 65. And he is still very fit. hahah.

• Praise 1

(edited)
14 hours ago, Inlinefour said:

Mine is Traditional Chinese 👍 when can we have a digital government huh 😆😆😆

Me in traditional Chinese as well.

My son as well.

I did included his pin yin, Chinese characters and dialect. No English name as he is not baptised. 

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1