Why everyone HATES the Miami Grand Prix

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Formula 1 will race in Miami this week in what will be the first of 2 F1 races in the United States this season. Formula 1 has grown tremendously in the United States and in 2020 we will see 3 races on the calendar with the addition of Las Vegas. Some fans think 3 races in the states is too much, and we should prioritise other race tracks and expand to other countries. Some don't like the race track, or the fake marina which has been set up. In this video i'll explain why Miami gets so much hate and criticism, but also why you should definitely give it a chance. Enjoy!

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

The US has Indianapolis 500, the cars are similar to F1 cars in design. Of course they hate not just the circuit but the whole F1 overall. You also dont see any American F1 driver or team in the race. I dunno. Why does F1 want to hold a race in the US?

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator

On one hand, I think US wanna the international attention F1 have, they can bring in more tourist and all.

But looking at the recap for the Miami GP, the circuit is quite hard to tackle. The driver also hated it. hahah. 

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

On one hand, I think US wanna the international attention F1 have, they can bring in more tourist and all.

But looking at the recap for the Miami GP, the circuit is quite hard to tackle. The driver also hated it. hahah. 

I think Liberty Media want US market.  This is 1 of the rare race that is organised by F1.

Pietro Fittipaldi is an American.  He is HAAS reserve drivers.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/formula-1/news/formula-1-miami-ticket-prices-cost/iwijjhoux6j3ahfwqqhtouab

While cost of admission on the low side are reasonable, prices for this year's Miami GP are just as expensive on the high end, with some tickets nearing the $30,000 mark. With motorsports' growing popularity in the U.S., it's somewhat unsurprising to see F1 challenge the biggest sporting event in the United States for pricy ticket supremacy.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/miami-gp-defends-high-ticket-prices/10300618/

The first-ever Miami GP around the Miami Dolphins' Hard Rock Stadium has been the most hyped up new F1 race in years and that has also been reflected in the ticket prices.

Priced at $640 the cheapest grandstand tickets, the second most expensive seats on the F1 calendar behind Monaco, sold out on the first day of release.

Fans wanting to access the general admission area had to fork out from $300 for Friday up to $500 for race day, which is only compounded by inflated prices at the many food and drinks concessions.

The festival style event, which is attracting interest from fans and sponsors around the world and sold out at a 240,000 capacity across three days, is further proof that the championship has made a huge splash in the US. But its Super Bowl-like pulling power has also meant that it, much like the NFL final, has priced most people out of the market.

When asked about the criticism on the ticket prices, Miami GP boss Garfinkel, who also manages the Dolphins and the Hard Rock Stadium venue, said supply and demand has dictated what the ticket price should be.

"Well, it's partly the scarcity and supply and demand," Garfinkel said. "I mean, we never really did a public on-sale and we had so much demand that ticket prices were partly a function of that."

Lots of overtaking undertaking manoeuvres during the race wat...isn't it good? Landscape real or man made not important lah...money is real can oredi 😁

13 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Formula 1 will race in Miami this week in what will be the first of 2 F1 races in the United States this season. Formula 1 has grown tremendously in the United States and in 2020 we will see 3 races on the calendar with the addition of Las Vegas. Some fans think 3 races in the states is too much, and we should prioritise other race tracks and expand to other countries. Some don't like the race track, or the fake marina which has been set up. In this video i'll explain why Miami gets so much hate and criticism, but also why you should definitely give it a chance. Enjoy!

many Singapore also KPKB on Singapore Grand Prix!!! 

MAIN REASON?? ROAD CLOSURE !!!  😭😭😭😂😂😂

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
4 hours ago, D3badge said:

many Singapore also KPKB on Singapore Grand Prix!!! 

MAIN REASON?? ROAD CLOSURE !!!  😭😭😭😂😂😂

It’s a fact …… even F1 brings so many problems to the common folk whom work around the area and peripheral roads jam up too; Even bus commuters affected…… oh well ! It’s an international event …….  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2