Singapore Airlines and Malaysia Airlines to launch code share flights

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/consumer/singapore-airlines-and-malaysia-airlines-given-approval-for-partnership-agreemen

SINGAPORE - Singapore Airlines (SIA) and Malaysia Airlines have been granted conditional approval for a partnership that aims to grow traffic between Singapore, Malaysia, and other markets, said the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore (CCCS) on Tuesday (May 10).

The agreement, which the two airlines signed in October 2019, involves both parties working together in areas such as joint sales and marketing, as well as revenue sharing.

It also includes expanded code sharing to grow traffic between the two countries, as well as between markets such as Europe.

Under a code-share agreement, airlines can sell seats on each other's flights to provide passengers with a wider choice of destinations.

Be very very careful when you book SIA flights from now on! 😂 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

Hypersonic
7 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/consumer/singapore-airlines-and-malaysia-airlines-given-approval-for-partnership-agreemen

SINGAPORE - Singapore Airlines (SIA) and Malaysia Airlines have been granted conditional approval for a partnership that aims to grow traffic between Singapore, Malaysia, and other markets, said the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore (CCCS) on Tuesday (May 10).

The agreement, which the two airlines signed in October 2019, involves both parties working together in areas such as joint sales and marketing, as well as revenue sharing.

It also includes expanded code sharing to grow traffic between the two countries, as well as between markets such as Europe.

Under a code-share agreement, airlines can sell seats on each other's flights to provide passengers with a wider choice of destinations.

Be very very careful when you book SIA flights from now on! 😂 

Code share flight number easily differential,  

SQxxxxx  with 4 digit will be code share. 

• Praise 7

Twincharged
13 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

How does it work for the flight passengers? Do they benefit too? Or pay full price?

I would think they would say it gives the customer options. But for me it is just shafting them. 
must really open eyes wide wide when booking online. 

• Praise 3

Supersonic
21 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

How does it work for the flight passengers? Do they benefit too? Or pay full price?

I'm ok if pay MH biz class fare but fly on SQ biz instead

Did that for the MH-JAL code share from Sin-KUL-NRT. Flew JAL but pay abang ringgit fare....lol

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Pay SQ price but fly by MH.......

Just like buy car paying for premium but getting standard spec😵

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Twincharged
29 minutes ago, Si4dr said:

Pay SQ price but fly by MH.......

Just like buy car paying for premium but getting standard spec😵

thats letting them off easy. More like its paying premium and being shafted to the cargo hold.

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
35 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Does the SQ girls going to work at MH also? 😂

I wanna fly to penang!!!! hahaha

Big chunk of SQ ger are msians anyway. But at least we get the cream of crop

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

thats letting them off easy. More like its paying premium and being shafted to the cargo hold.

Lol....brutal

Supersonic
7 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Just like Silkair lor. Pay SQ price but get budget airline experience 

Collaborations between airlines can definitely shake things up. Reminds me of a trip where my flight plans changed last minute due to a partnership between two carriers. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise because it opened up new routes and options I hadn't considered before. Speaking of exploring different ways to travel, have you ever thought about the luxury and convenience of private jet charters? They offer a whole new level of flexibility and comfort. If you're curious, you might want to check out https://www.aerialjets.com/the-simple-guide-to-miami-private-jet-charter/ for more info.

Edited by Weekople
↡ Advertisement