CDC Vouchers

Tkseah

35 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Yah...he's the got rice eat rice, got porridge eat porridge kind...similar to that no chicken eat fish...ikan bilis also fish corright? 😅

I know his personality through a friend.

↡ Advertisement

On 1/28/2023 at 9:36 AM, Lala81 said:

A one time cash/voucher grant can be rescinded or reduced. Like if next year u get cdc voucher 50 dollars instead. Issit really you going to bitch about it?

But if u say reduce petrol tax to 15% instead of 20%. And have to increase it up later, there will be a fall out. 

Its simply the human mindset towards any sort of subsidy. 

Loss avoidance vs gain seeking. 

Look at how much problems they have raising petroleum prices in our neighbours. 

The govt (for better or worse), is smart enough not to do it. You would too if you were in power. Cos it saves a lot of headaches and political capital. 

Yes there is a re circulation effect like what everyone mentioned. Certainly I have noticed friends and family trying to use the vouchers instead of just buying everything off redmart or ntuc online. My sis only does online delivery. So while she used her small retailers vouchers. She can't use the supermarket one. 

I think if you quit your profession, you can go into management and maybe try marketing as well, maybe even policy making. . [thumbsup][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 3

.....this is the same concept of Petrol station giving petrol voucher instead of lowering their pump price! Cut price and up again, people kpkb alot and threaten go cheapest station. Give voucher.... Wow pledge loyalty and continue to sarpork!

4 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

I thought got V day present?

6776478B-7D76-4106-BC12-573F638CA072.jpeg

Wong, who is Minister for Finance, quipped that Budget 2023 will be his "Valentine's Day present to all" to help them cope with rising costs, as he acknowledged the concerns many have regarding the issues surrounding the cost of living.

Not the choc in box present. More like jack in the box kind.

scared-shocked.gif.ece997138ce3e27f983c49a048c03274.gif

Present come out u scared till bey lin chu.

Edited by Stratovarius
  • Haha! 4

so, does this group then increase inflation?

Tax hike for top earners did not hurt spending, while handouts boosted consumption: Singapore study, Singapore - THE BUSINESS TIMES

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/singapore/tax-hike-top-earners-did-not-hurt-spending-while-handouts-boosted-consumption-singapore?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social-organic

• Haha! 2

14 minutes ago, RadX said:

so, does this group then increase inflation?

Tax hike for top earners did not hurt spending, while handouts boosted consumption: Singapore study, Singapore - THE BUSINESS TIMES

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/singapore/tax-hike-top-earners-did-not-hurt-spending-while-handouts-boosted-consumption-singapore?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social-organic

This article is quite BS, since the rich, especially foreigners, will go full cash while the gian png lower income group will leverage more on credit card to earn points.

I belong to lowest tier, don't even have credit card, so how are my spending be accounted for statistically?

Statistics are just financial tools to make numbers look appealing to the targeted audiences. Take it with a pinch of slat, a big pinch by all means.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, SGMCF328 said:

This article is quite BS, since the rich, especially foreigners, will go full cash while the gian png lower income group will leverage more on credit card to earn points.

I belong to lowest tier, don't even have credit card, so how are my spending be accounted for statistically?

Statistics are just financial tools to make numbers look appealing to the targeted audiences. Take it with a pinch of slat, a big pinch by all means.

well, the poor are those now earning $80k and less..... @Throttle2 std also considered low by that measure muayhahahhahaha

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

I don't like the CDC vouchers idea but cannot offer anything better. A more direct way could be reduction of hawker centre rent and those enjoying this reduction to reduce price proportionally. Who eat at hawker centers? Also reduce bus fares. Not those $50k per month I suppose. 😆

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

I know his personality through a friend.

Glad you clarify, I almost assume something else.

• Haha! 3

8 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I don't like the CDC vouchers idea but cannot offer anything better. A more direct way could be reduction of hawker centre rent and those enjoying this reduction to reduce price proportionally. Who eat at hawker centers? Also reduce bus fares. Not those $50k per month I suppose. 😆

Anybody spend > $120/mth on public transport should apply for https://www.transitlink.com.sg/adult-monthly-travel-card/

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

This is great but I doubt everyone knows about this. $120 is still $4 a day. Can be lower if government intention is to give reprieve to a certain group of people.

In Singapore, maximum fare is $2.26.  Only express service is $2.86.

Till now, I haven't heard anyone exceed $120/mth.

Looks like you are not a public transport user.

• Praise 1