BMW expected to appoint second dealer in Singapore

camrysfe

(edited)

BMW is about to appoint a second dealer in Singapore. I believe this is the first time a premium marque has appointed more than 1 dealer in Singapore. Will this lead to cheaper BMW in future?

Edited by camrysfe
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

SINGAPORE - German carmaker BMW is poised to appoint a second fully fledged dealer in Singapore in a move seen as fostering competition to boost sales.

The Straits Times understands that the second dealer is likely to be the Eurokars Group owned by automotive tycoon Karsono Kwee.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Etnt said:

see the porky thread on eurokars damn scary leh.

Ikr… as is, pml is a disaster aldy

Turbocharged

Just now, RadX said:

Ikr… as is, pml is a disaster aldy

may end up being a case of sticking with the devil one knows.

Or maybe bmw tekan eurokars and ask them to revive alpina since now under their portfolio liao? lol

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

Why got 2 dealers for 1 brand? So will it be better for customers or ADs themselves? 

For BMW Asia.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

@RadX Agreed,never take care Customer's Car...i went outside Service,only 3rd Year.

ECU tuned car.no warranty already 🤫.

I didn't get that feeling from PML . Just that I really can't wait for repairs if needed . Faster to go outside.

Twincharged

Does Others in ASEAN even have 2 dealers? I assume they sell more units than us. Or maybe not. 

Not the first time BMW is sending signal to PML. When BMW decided to have a separate dealer for its M lineup, Munich Automobiles (which was a jv between privately owned company and a subsidiary of Sime Darby) got it. 

And it is not just about the pricing and service quality (both pre and after sales), if you have been to PML showroom recently, it layout is worst than pasar malam, especially level 2. As a customer, I don't feel like I am shopping for a branded car as different models are parked side by side randonly, with some so close together that the door may hit another if you swing it open with full force.

And Level 1 is like those pop up booth at shopping mall, cars in the middle, merchandise occupied the rest of the showroom. Are they selling car or accessories? 

• Praise 12
  • Haha! 6

Actually early 2000s already have TTS TC and 1 more company can't recall already  selling other than pml 

Then M and Alpina was under MA after separation from pml 

After that PMA took over M 

So now left MA with Alpina

Pml bmw

Pma M 

Early days when buy from TTS or TC price are lower 🙈🙉🙊

34 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

It's a mixed signal...no wonder beemer here anyhow no signal one...😁

Heng I no more beemer

↡ Advertisement