BMW expected to appoint second dealer in Singapore

camrysfe

Isnt the current dealer sime darby? They are based in M'sia?

Must be a lot of customers comprain to HQ in Germany.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Just think of Shell, Caltex, Esso. Not happy, go malaysia pump. 

PML, Eurokars. Not happy, go buy PI. 

Willing seller, willing buyer 🙂

• Praise 7

9 minutes ago, RadX said:

Heng I no more beemer

Donch say too fast too sure...wait your PS2 goes taxi fleet style then you know 😁

• Haha! 3

18 minutes ago, Calinlin said:

Just think of Shell, Caltex, Esso. Not happy, go malaysia pump. 

PML, Eurokars. Not happy, go buy PI. 

Willing seller, willing buyer 🙂

Exactly

last 3 cars all PI and never been happier

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Not the first time BMW is sending signal to PML. When BMW decided to have a separate dealer for its M lineup, Munich Automobiles (which was a jv between privately owned company and a subsidiary of Sime Darby) got it. 

And it is not just about the pricing and service quality (both pre and after sales), if you have been to PML showroom recently, it layout is worst than pasar malam, especially level 2. As a customer, I don't feel like I am shopping for a branded car as different models are parked side by side randonly, with some so close together that the door may hit another if you swing it open with full force.

And Level 1 is like those pop up booth at shopping mall, cars in the middle, merchandise occupied the rest of the showroom. Are they selling car or accessories? 

Latest cars' designs are a mess, showroom in a mess, distributors network going to be a mess soon as well 😁

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Not the first time BMW is sending signal to PML. When BMW decided to have a separate dealer for its M lineup, Munich Automobiles (which was a jv between privately owned company and a subsidiary of Sime Darby) got it. 

And it is not just about the pricing and service quality (both pre and after sales), if you have been to PML showroom recently, it layout is worst than pasar malam, especially level 2. As a customer, I don't feel like I am shopping for a branded car as different models are parked side by side randonly, with some so close together that the door may hit another if you swing it open with full force.

And Level 1 is like those pop up booth at shopping mall, cars in the middle, merchandise occupied the rest of the showroom. Are they selling car or accessories? 

Malaysian Company standard.... anything also Boleh🤣

Turbocharged
10 hours ago, camrysfe said:

BMW is about to appoint a second dealer in Singapore. I believe this is the first time a premium marque has appointed more than 1 dealer in Singapore. Will this lead to cheaper BMW in future?

Maybe BMW is hoping that the 2nd dealership will be able to better educate the BMW car buyers and drivers on good road etiquette and cultivate in them good driving manners.....

• Haha! 3

(edited)

If both AD sell BMWs without trim/model difference, direct competition will hurt the profit of either agent.

Eurokars could look at bringing in lower/barebone trims to entice more buyers to BMW. Examples from BMW Germany konfigurator -

1746642835_Screenshot2022-05-13at11_37_56AM.thumb.png.8f602743e204ea16dbbf2f0e3ccfbd8b.png

1926162224_Screenshot2022-05-13at11_38_33AM.thumb.png.cee8538cc6bf5dcef21e8e6a71093ae5.png

Edited by Ceecookie
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

55 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

If both AD sell BMWs without trim/model difference, direct competition will hurt the profit of either agent.

Eurokars could look at bringing in lower/barebone trims to entice more buyers to BMW. Examples from BMW Germany konfigurator -

1746642835_Screenshot2022-05-13at11_37_56AM.thumb.png.8f602743e204ea16dbbf2f0e3ccfbd8b.png

1926162224_Screenshot2022-05-13at11_38_33AM.thumb.png.cee8538cc6bf5dcef21e8e6a71093ae5.png

PML already brings in the barebones 1 and 2 series. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Malaysian Company standard.... anything also Boleh🤣

Sime lost master dealership in Malaysia long long ago.

2 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Latest cars' designs are a mess, showroom in a mess, distributors network going to be a mess soon as well 😁

In the latest lineup, only M240/M2 and Z4 M40 worth considering 

Twincharged
8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I have good experience at Mini.

Maybe it depends on what level you are at each dealer. Macan is a “lowest” at Porsche. If you drive a mini one. Maybe one gets accorded the lowest life form standard. 

1 minute ago, Mkl22 said:

Maybe it depends on what level you are at each dealer. Macan is a “lowest” at Porsche. If you drive a mini one. Maybe one gets accorded the lowest life form standard. 

Cooper S nia

Not JCW

Not JCW GP

Twincharged
10 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Cooper S nia

Not JCW

Not JCW GP

But not lowest. Ranked 3rd ley!!! 🤣

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
5 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

Why got 2 dealers for 1 brand? So will it be better for customers or ADs themselves? 

2 dealers for 1 brand? Reminds me like one house got 5 property agency selling at same time? Lol. Dont know does it mean price would become cheaper or higher or same? Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4