BMW expected to appoint second dealer in Singapore

camrysfe

8 hours ago, shrjun said:

PML already brings in the barebones 1 and 2 series. 

Model and spec set by bmw asia 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

11 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

was replying to the comment about Eurokars can sell lower specced versions of the cars.

Supercharged

As long as we get good prices and reasonable specced cars, I don’t care how many dealers are there for each brand. 

• Praise 2

Quite an interesting development. SG is often regarded as too small hence brands only have one 'exclusive' dealer.

To have a second official dealer probably indicates that BMW sees greater market growth here for itself.

7 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

Quite an interesting development. SG is often regarded as too small hence brands only have one 'exclusive' dealer.

To have a second official dealer probably indicates that BMW sees greater market growth here for itself.

Either that or they buay song PML.

• Praise 2

Who knows maybe it will appears that the second dealer hand holds hand and sell at the same price. Just like all the petrol in Singapore.

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

Twincharged
(edited)
11 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

How big can it be? No one else who has been selling more cars than bmw have 2 dealers. 
I can only see is that pml might tio pok soon, so get another dealer in to slowly take over. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 8

23 hours ago, Lala81 said:

can't afford BMW. Doesn't matter to me.

Got lah...most likely to see more beedeos of reckless driving...even though the 3 pointed star is fast n furiously catching up...just yesterday in one trip along kpe...3 diff crasses changed lane without signalling...under specd also? 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
13 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

That is why the F22,230i M-Sport,better equipment than the M240i.

In short, it's internal competition among the appointed dealers, the SE will compete among one another for sales , these Conti cars will sell by itself, be it Merc, Audi, VW ( Opel excluded )

for decades motorists lovers to buy new car b4 CNY or every new model launching, a new tweak here and there will surely flutters a man's ego, its a fact. so Beemer brand getting a new dealer won't cause much impact and it won't be any cheaper either, just more features & add-on. Sillyporean loves being pampered . . .( did not add in P.I. ) I reckon there are doing a bit better due to customisation so called Bespoke model

(edited)

if I’m the new dealer, I will launch a damn attractive trade-in program to lure in all the unsuspecting customers and later then slowly tekan them😅

But most importantly thing , FFS pls employ more chio SEs and half the battle is won.

Current Agent SEs really ahemmm..

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

@Mkl22 now a day, selling Conti car, be it indent model or Bespoke spec, it is all about marketing hot cross bun, just look at the Bentley of Red Swastika skool, both father&son are used car dealers ( nothing wrong with that ) to me every single one of us want to do something special once in their life, to own a business, however since thy tasted luxury in Property acquisition or lifestyle changes, their ego and attitude will alter for the worse behaviour, Is it their fault - Nope, since the need to fetch the children to meet schhol deadline, this causes mayhem, so Shall I say: " Parent don't try piggy ride your kids to school", it only add-on more problem later on. its rush hour😉

@Koster I bet in every Product service render business particularly Cars, gone are the days of " Exclusively Agent " no more, just like property new launches, developer will engage 3/4 JMA coz every agency has their respective database of clientele . . . to them the more agencies the better fight-it-out for top sales, developer has nothing to lose.

This marketing gimmicks has began more than a decades ago, so it seems nothing new to Cars & such . . . I wonder why CATERPILLAR diesel Truck are still/Out in business ? Tis one iron rice bowl no more.😑

• Praise 1

(edited)
6 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

That is why the F22,230i M-Sport,better equipment than the M240i.

More people end up buying  the 230i compared to the 240i. Makes more sense to spec higher interior trim to draw them in from competitors . Interior trim levels like speaker package etc are not worth much in the grand scheme of things  . 

The people who want the 6 cyl will buy it no matter what if they can afford it . 

Edited by shrjun

Twincharged
56 minutes ago, shrjun said:

More people end up buying  the 230i compared to the 240i. Makes more sense to spec higher interior trim to draw them in from competitors . Interior trim levels like speaker package etc are not worth much in the grand scheme of things  . 

The people who want the 6 cyl will buy it no matter what if they can afford it . 

You are wrong..after i joined the F22/23 Chat Group..inside have more than triple of M240i than 230i M-Sport..despite it is near $40,000 more.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
22 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

Maybe bmw asia may change their sales strategy since got two AD now

Edited by Ceecookie

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Ceecookie said:

Maybe bmw asia may change their sales strategy since got two AD now

One to handle the low end and the other the high end? 

↡ Advertisement