BMW expected to appoint second dealer in Singapore

camrysfe

45 minutes ago, Lala751 said:

@waihoong2001 Hi Waihoong, I am still driving the LCI X3 2022 model. Drove for 5 months, no complaint. Lucky is the front brakes did not have the noisy issue like the 2019 model while reversing in slow momentum. The iDrive 7 is better than the iDrive 6. System accept android auto even thou I am using carplay. The iDrive screen is much bigger 12.3 in and the speedo is also different with more customization. Important is the 2022 comes with Non-RFT Michelle PS4 SUV. where else, the 2019 comes with RFT P7. Somehow, I find that the suspension is softer on 2022 LCI as compared to 2019 model even with the same PS4 SUV tires. 

Thank you for the wealth of info!  Eurokars said their stock of X3 is RFT (dunno what brand).  However, there is no wireless charging.  Guess I'll be nursing hope of lower COE in coming months.

↡ Advertisement

5 hours ago, Soya said:

First rule: Never trade in 

Second rule: See first rule

haha. this kind of advice - while it looks and sounds cool - is not practical nor relevant to 90% of car buyers in SG.

I feel its more practical to know the mkt value of your current ride (check Carro/Motorist etc), and make sure that the trade-in from PML/Eurokars/ any other ADs, is same or close to that value.

• Praise 1

@waihoong2001 Oh yes, no charging pad. But that can be replaced by getting a QI wireless charging pad (USB connected) to replace the odd depth triangular rubber storage. I guess its for the mobile phone to stand upright. 

With the QI wireless charging pad, you will have to sacrifice the key slot which is next to the storage.  Key just have to leave it inside the arm rest.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, oleoleole said:

haha. this kind of advice - while it looks and sounds cool - is not practical nor relevant to 90% of car buyers in SG.

I feel its more practical to know the mkt value of your current ride (check Carro/Motorist etc), and make sure that the trade-in from PML/Eurokars/ any other ADs, is same or close to that value.

Abuthen

No wonder ADs can earn so much. Tks to the generosity of the 90%....

Edited by Soya
  • Haha! 3

5 hours ago, waihoong2001 said:

Oh no.... now that they know I'm trading in, I've lost ground in negotiation.

PML dun practice compulsory trade in so still got hope

On 10/5/2022 at 10:23 AM, jasonboh said:

I went into Eurokars as a walk in customer yesterday on 4th October 2022 at around 1pm. The SA scribbled on the paper like some unorganized thinker, took him 45 mins to show me the numbers. Pricing is exactly the same as PML. 

Freebies is also similar to PML. Overtrade is lesser, surprisingly. Like one of the post above mentioned, why would we buy from Eurokars if it’s a lesser showroom…

The current showroom is a temporary one. The proper one will be opening early next year, it will house BMW and Rolls Royce and will feature BMW's new Retail Next concept. 

Eurokars.jpg.636abe08e2e74921adc8dd78e35f99f6.jpg

• Praise 2

Am keen on the iX3 as well so it's disappointing that pricing is pretty much locked down by BMW Asia.  Given the low OMV of 59k, the $315k pricing is truly cut-throat.  No option to unbundle the wall charger or charging credits either especially when they partnered with Greenlots which is kind of crap.  Guess will look at other options like the PI EQB300/350 or the Model Y and save some money.

Retail Next – BMW’s new approach to selling vehicles

https://www.bmwblog.com/2022/04/14/bmw-retail-next-dealership/#disqus_thread

Future BMW owners are now willing to order the car with the right features, options and colors, despite the production having long lead times. Of course, this will also help BMW’s supply chain as build-to-order processes are far easier to manage than build-to-stock.

I thinking how is this concept going to work in sg context?

When one adds more features to the car, the cost of the car will increase as there will be higher taxes. It seems like BMW Asia is not looking to manage their supply chain like HDB BTO. Therefore, all hopes for better prices is all but a dream...2 cents

15 hours ago, bobbyhill said:

list price is the same and so are the freebies. eurokars threw in 5 year servicing while pml offered 3 years maybe it could be 5 with some pressure. i dont know but i expected more discounts otherwise what was the point of having a 2nd dealership?

eurokar is also selling the same models and variants which does little to differentiate them so should customers support the new comer if it's the same?

looking for advice. what happens if i buy a bmw from eurokar and 1-2 years later they close shop. what happens to my servicing and warranty?

seeing how lackluster they have started i am even more cautious about buying a bmw from a new dealership that does not seem promising. im not sure if they can survive long enough to honor the 5 year service and warranty.

If you have no confidence in  the new dealership,  don't even think of buying from them 

2 hours ago, Zafirag said:

Am keen on the iX3 as well so it's disappointing that pricing is pretty much locked down by BMW Asia.  Given the low OMV of 59k, the $315k pricing is truly cut-throat.  No option to unbundle the wall charger or charging credits either especially when they partnered with Greenlots which is kind of crap.  Guess will look at other options like the PI EQB300/350 or the Model Y and save some money.

I will NOT recommend buying a PI EV at all. Future over-the-air updates and recalls/big warranty issues you are on your own. You might even lose out on region-locked features. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 4

@Mockngbrd Yes...Never buy EV from PI. At this moment, I do not see credibility of any PIs that can handle problems generated from EVs.  The battery is very expensive without proper warranty and maintenance. Don't risk it. 

@Blueray We should ask, will PML provide complementary breakfast like Lexus and Audi when we send our car in for servicing. Complementary taxi vouchers are welcome too (Audi does)...Dream on... 

5 hours ago, oleoleole said:

lol Carro / Motorist all lowball . Give quote even without seeing the car . The price that I got as a direct seller was 14 % higher than what they quoted and I sold my car in 5 days . and these are not small sums of money at least for me . 

In which industry  , can a buyer give a non negotiable quote and the seller has NO say in the selling price . Jokers I must say . 

Edited by shrjun
  • Haha! 2

20 hours ago, oleoleole said:

The Overtrade scheme has been discussed till death. You can do a quick search for it on MCF. 

Basically, in the old times, Overtrade is indeed a scam, to get you to take loan with lower DP. But in today context, it's a genuine discount. However, some old timers who probably have not experienced the current Overtrade scheme themselves, will disagree. 

Its up to you to do yr own maths! 🙂

Overtrade is always a scam . 

There is no free lunch.

Or Just call it a discount if its genuine . 

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Lala751 said:

@Blueray We should ask, will PML provide complementary breakfast like Lexus and Audi when we send our car in for servicing. Complementary taxi vouchers are welcome too (Audi does)...Dream on... 

Audi got bf meh? The cafe there is damn sad leh

Teksi voucher give 10 dollah onli maybe get only get from Leng Kee to Queenstown MRT....lol

↡ Advertisement