BMW expected to appoint second dealer in Singapore

camrysfe

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Using @fxsg123 offer as an example, PML is still taking advantage of O/T scheme lah. 

$106K loan at 2.78% for 7 years, the interest worked out to be $20,627

If it is an outright $40K discount (i.e. $171K net selling price), 50% loan is $86K, and interest payable for the same rate and tenure would be $16,735 (difference of close to $4K)

Hi Caron82, thanks for the insight and sharing! With your explanation, I understand a lot more now!

This afternoon, I managed to work out a package with PML. I request for more downpayment (cash) after deducting the trade in/OT. My loan amount for 5 yrs now  very manageable. 

I have yet to make up my mind but will decide base on the latest package + all the inputs here.

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Rickster said:

Based on the deregistration cycle, my personal guess is that from 2026 onwards, that is when there is a meaningful increase in COE supply. That is assuming that govt don't come in and try to tweak the current feast & famine COE cycle.

I have read some article claiming COE peak at 2023 to 2025. One article claim best time (lowest I guess) should be around 2030.

Either way, like many who advise here (based on pure COE) best to wait out (till after 2025) especially with current record high COE+inflation.

On the condition like you mention govt don’t come to tweak.

13 minutes ago, fxsg123 said:

I have read some article claiming COE peak at 2023 to 2025. One article claim best time (lowest I guess) should be around 2030.

Either way, like many who advise here (based on pure COE) best to wait out (till after 2025) especially with current record high COE+inflation.

My projection is based on purely COE registration/deregistration data juxtaposed against the recent low COE that we have seen in 2017-2020. That's y i personally feel that barring economic crisis/govt intervention, we will only see a meaningful drop in COE prices come 2026 - 2029. 

From the data below, it seems to paint a picture that COE will be in tight supply till 2024 before we can start to see easing of supply.

image.thumb.png.e1e365dd7479a5bb5f76d3630e4d4c34.png

There should be some relief for catA prices in 2023 due to a sizable number of dereg of 5year coe cars. Quota numbers should go up by some. 

• Praise 1

55 minutes ago, fxsg123 said:

If govt pushes 6.9m all bets are off 

3 hours ago, Fitmugen said:

Haha yes bro. Just sharing from my experience. Had an X1 2liter turbo. But it drives no diff from a Korean/Jap.

I’m past the badge chasing stage also. Looking forward to my BYD Atto 

That is because it is FWD,if RWD,then is nicer,buy BMW or Mercedes Benz only go for RWD if can afford.

• Praise 1

Okay, I think I got it liao!

BMW i216 GC @210,888- this is list price.

Someone earlier said PML earn 55K from each i216 sold. If baseline 15K profit, they have 40K to play with.

Now if someone walk in without any car, he/she very also likely fetch this 30K/40K direct discount, making the selling price 170K/180K, at least not $210,888.

Now my old Honda actual value is $50K, the so call $90K is just “adding the discount” but I will be subjected to a number of requirements such as in house loan, overcharge insurance etc. If today I sell my Honda direct, I may fetch more.

On top of that, my loan will be base on 210888, making it expensive loan.

Am I correct?

• Praise 2

7 hours ago, fxsg123 said:

Someone earlier said PML earn 55K from each i216 sold. If baseline 15K profit, they have 40K to play with.

Now if someone walk in without any car, he/she very also likely fetch this 30K/40K direct discount, making the selling price 170K/180K, at least not $210,888.

Now my old Honda actual value is $50K, the so call $90K is just “adding the discount” but I will be subjected to a number of requirements such as in house loan, overcharge insurance etc. If today I sell my Honda direct, I may fetch more.

Am I correct?

Test out your theory by visiting the other dealer lor. Say no trade in the car. Want to keep Honda as 2nd car. 
then see what you get quoted. 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Test out your theory by visiting the other dealer lor. Say no trade in the car. Want to keep Honda as 2nd car. 
then see what you get quoted. 

Maybe an easier way is just to check sgcarmart of equivalent model for sale minus 3-5k

9 hours ago, fxsg123 said:

Am I correct?

How much u loan will depend on how much u owe on the Honda

30 minutes ago, Soya said:

Maybe an easier way is just to check sgcarmart of equivalent model for sale minus 3-5k

I mean brand new price of 216i without any car to trade in. 

18 hours ago, Fitmugen said:

anyway $200k for entry level 1.5l BMW is really quite the madness if you ask me.

Maybe I am old school, but it's minimum 5 series for BMW or C-class for Merc. If not, you will think of upgrading very soon and waste even more money.

1.5T, output only 100hp. There are jipun 1.5NA that has more hp than that. But its just me. power and engine size is something i will look for when buying a car. 

• Haha! 2

12 hours ago, fxsg123 said:

Am I correct?

So now, you need to

1. Check the real value of your used Honda - call Carro and ask them to quote. Carro has one of the highest dealer quotes in the market now and they won't trick you with a high initial quote and lowball later. I experienced it myself.

2. Go to Eurokars and ask them how much is the 216GC without trade in and without loan

Then you will have all the data points you need to make an informed decision

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

1.5T, output only 100hp. There are jipun 1.5NA that has more hp than that. But its just me. power and engine size is something i will look for when buying a car. 

His current car has more ponies than his potential new car.

• Haha! 1

Don't be fooled by the OT spiel regardless of what some guys here say.

PML / Eurokars isn't into giving free money away. You are paying for that ' OT ' in some way.

On a related note buying that 216i for 2xx K is sheer madness. Just look at it's OMV to have some sense of the ridiculousness of the price. It's absolutely the wrong time to get an entry level bimmer.

Edited by shrjun
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

If I'm not wrong, the concept of overtrade became popular when a lot of the full 10-year loan guys (allowed last time) wanted to change car. Their cars are usually in negative equity, ie. car value is lower than loan outstanding. So the dealer will offer overtrade for the old car to prevent a situation where the buyer needs to pay cash to the bank to settle the outstanding loan. The new car's price is bumped up, but no problem - the new car's also qualifies for a full 10-year loan. So in a way - everybody wins.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, shrjun said:

Don't be fooled by the OT spiel regardless of what some guys here say.

PML / Eurokars isn't into giving free money away. You are paying for that ' OT ' in some way.

On a related note buying that 216i for 2xx K is sheer madness. Just look at it's OMV to have some sense of the ridiculousness of the price. It's absolutely the wrong time to get an entry level bimmer.

He is not paying 210k for the 216 lah.

There is a 30/40k discount that was factored inside the extraordinary trade-in price.

But they tried to hoodwink him for huge multi-year loan

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3