Car Sharing cheaper alternative to Car Rental?

Hello Guys, just wanted to check any feedback or car sharing company you all used before or recommend?

Now i see got so many car sharing company on the market and seems like the price is really cheaper than normal rental. 

Cheers,

Michael2828

↡ Advertisement
Turbocharged

For short duration use like a few hours, car-sharing is cheaper but if on daily basis generally the rental costs of those brick-and-mortar car rental companies are cheaper but I don't know nowadays if there is any commitment period for those. 🙂

• Praise 1
Clutched
10 hours ago, Michael2828 said:

Hello Guys, just wanted to check any feedback or car sharing company you all used before or recommend?

Now i see got so many car sharing company on the market and seems like the price is really cheaper than normal rental. 

Cheers,

Michael2828

Car sharing is fine if u r driving occasionally... Read the T&C especially on the insurance coverage.... cheap rental but beware of ridiculous insurance coverage :D 

Turbocharged

I wrote a blog about this, but this was a year ago so I think a few things might have changed since then.

https://benscarblog.wordpress.com/2021/04/10/car-sharing/

In my experience GetGo was the best, but I've since heard many complaints about them, probably due to too rapid expansion and they cannot keep up.

Also CarClub now merged with Tribecar and I have not tried their services since the merge.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1