To those still rich enough to buy cars in this high COE climate, expect more delays

BabyBlade

Turbocharged
On 5/21/2022 at 4:54 PM, RadX said:

Indeed! Tks bro

Changing car again😆

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 5/16/2022 at 9:40 PM, Watwheels said:

The wait long long isnt bad for just the car buyer...it is also bad for the car dealer. Means delayed payment.

If I'm not wrong the car dealers arent having a good time.

Merc has a permanent small size showroom at Great World City. Like the Tesla one at Millenia Walk. I just saw BMW putting up two models on display at Westgate. The 2series sedan and 2GT. Cars and kopi at Jurong Point.

Kinda feel that buyers are staying away from buying new cars for now. High COE prices and long waiting time. Used cars dealers should be having a field day.

dealers likely prefer low coe rather than record coe, more flexible margin for them 

was at merc showroom at GWC, 2 cars at any one time, surprised to know the showroom will be there for rest of the year

nice to touch and feel, but not sure if there are any serious buyers 

• Praise 3

On 5/23/2022 at 10:17 AM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

More like its only affect those cars from European countries... :slow:

No delays for Japan, Korea and China vehicles. :wut:

Have ah. Borneo got months long waiting list for some models.

Remember Shanghai is now in lockdown and they are a major port. Many car parts come from China now.

As far as EVs, I know there is wait time for the EQS, iX and i4. All stocks on hand for iX and i4 have been snatched up (unless there are cancelled orders) and indent now with ETD sometime in Sept with July production. As for EQS, official launch expected in July but first batch already all taken up and C&C taking pre-orders with ETD in Dec / Jan 2023.

Cat B how to crash 🤣.

↡ Advertisement