Is there a way to improve fuel efficiency through changing parts of the vehicles?

TanShuQiang

Neutral Newbie

I just brought at 2nd hand Maxus G10 Executive, and on paper the fuel efficiency is 11.7 L per 100km. I was wondering if there will be any workshop or guru here can advise any possibilities of changing vehicle parts that can help improve fuel efficiency?

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, TanShuQiang said:

I just brought at 2nd hand Maxus G10 Executive, and on paper the fuel efficiency is 11.7 L per 100km. I was wondering if there will be any workshop or guru here can advise any possibilities of changing vehicle parts that can help improve fuel efficiency?

Take out sparse tire and all the seats. Hehe....

You are paying more than 10k a year to the Govt in the form of COE, ARF, road tax and petrol tax, easier to change govt than change parts to significantly improve FC.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

Twincharged
2 hours ago, TanShuQiang said:

Maxus G10 is a very heavy MPV based on a Van with RWD,also not Aerodynamic,on paper 11.7L/100Km[8.54Km/L],most likely real Driving,only 6.6Km/L.[15L/100Km].

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Yes. It's called right foot control.

Sadly, I lack it myself. 

Replace the accelerator pedal with one with spikes. And drive barefoot. 

• Haha! 8

Twincharged

Off Aircon. Fresh air! Immediate savings. Or ask all family members to lose weight. 

• Haha! 3

Twincharged
5 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

@Mkl22 No use,old style Chinese Engine with Heavy Body...how to get good FC.?

Dig a hole in the floor and ala Fred flintstone style! 
which is why don’t understand people. Buy Liao then kpkb. 
sell lor! 

• Praise 1

Just park it at home and take bus/mrt. Zero fuel consumption.

Anyway why buy a 8.5 km/l van that drinks on petrol? Anyway diesel is quite expensive now at over $3/litre. 

You should buy an oil rig. Unlimited amount or at least feel unlimited for your vehicle. Can even make money by selling oil.

Hypersonic

Only press the brake if absolutely needed.

Rev hard to 2500, let it drop to 2000 then rev hard to 2500 again until hit 79 kmh and then used lane 4 on PIE.

Lane 1 all the hoggers and van cannot use.

Lane 2 all the van road hoggers doing 63 because they see 70 on there speedo but its really always 10% fast.

Lane 3 is all the buses doing 60.

Lane 4 is going straight and completely empty.

Lane 5 and 6 is turn off PIE exit.

:D

5 hours ago, TanShuQiang said:

Yes, can change vehicle parts...
Some more no need so complicated,
change one part after another and troubleshoot
Just change the whole vehicle to one with better FC
There you have it, improved fuel efficiency

p/s: Look for @Jamesc hearsay he gives the best price, just quote MCF

• Haha! 2

24 minutes ago, TanShuQiang said:

@Mits_jc any idea which part to focus first? Ya, May really need to slowly trial and error parts by parts…

dun waste useless money 😅

make sure all the proper servicing are done.  engine oil, atf, spark plug, tyres pump up. thats it liao. how many parts u change or mod is not going to give u any improvement that is really worth the money .

if really want try maybe can use thinner engine see how, personally that is the max i will go. ( example 5w40- 5w30 )

If all servicing done properly , like most bro say, its down to your right leg 😂

27 minutes ago, TanShuQiang said:

@Mits_jc any idea which part to focus first? Ya, May really need to slowly trial and error parts by parts…

cf bonnet

cf boot

cf door

remove carpet

full bucket seats

forge rim

remove cat

change car better lah

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
8 hours ago, TanShuQiang said:

Air Filter & Tyre Pressure..Tyres over inflate by 10%.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1