Driving with astigmatism at night

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

TLDR: Astigmatism giving me a hard time driving in bad weather at night. 

Driving at night I realised I've been seeing halos/star-burst like effects/glares around traffic lights but didn't think much of it till one day it just occured to me that I may have astig. I also thought those were normal glares caused by the windscreen. I don't wear glasses and I've always had the impression that I have perfect vision but probably not so perfect anymore. It doesn't really affect my ability to drive but it does get a lot worse in bad weather. Does astig worsens with time and is getting glasses a solution? Or do you just live with the condition? 

A-Complete-Guide-to-Astigmatism_-Symptoms-Causes-Diagnosis-and-Treatment-Overview-1.jpg.43eb7017fbbc7324654b8d3af65904c7.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Is this Astig? In such conditions(night and rain) I thought wearing yellow glasses will help reduce the glare?

ad38a13f74ebf0d75db2bc761ab2b437_tn

Now that the street lights have been changed to LED it is more reflective in the rain. I have a pair of clip-on yellow lens for my glasses in the car. I only use them at night when it is raining. It definitely reduce a lot of the glare.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Internal Moderator

Astigma worsen if you straint your eyes even more. Cannot see is cannot see. I also have very bad astigma, so now when I am driving at night, I have standby glasses inside my car. Just wear it and problem solved!

You can only maintain the degree, you cannot solve astigma one. Unless you lasik.

Another tips is to rest your eyes after staring at the com for too long, stare at some trees, look at things that is far away.

Good luck! 🍀

• Praise 3

Astigmatism is a minor eye condition that occurs when the curvature of the cornea or the eye’s lens isn’t symmetrical. Wearing glasses for astigmatism is a common way to correct the condition.

Mr google said above.

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Is this Astig? In such conditions(night and rain) I thought wearing yellow glasses will help reduce the glare?

ad38a13f74ebf0d75db2bc761ab2b437_tn

Now that the street lights have been changed to LED it is more reflective in the rain. I have a pair of clip-on yellow lens for my glasses in the car. I only use them at night when it is raining. It definitely reduce a lot of the glare.

Your yellow glasses is 90s tech liao lah.

now is this gimmick le.

51GX-6NuzdL-2044x2048.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
14 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

Old flower glasses 🤓 

Let me know if you need help with the matching of number. hahaha. I like to help my mother match 4d paper one. hahaha

On a related note , I find that those SCDF ambulance flashing lights at night is quite intolerable . Everything seems to be one blurry flashing image 😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic

If a person has astigmatism plus dry eyes, driving at night or low dim lights quite a challenge.

I have astigmatism and live with it, cause if i wear glasses with astigmatism, might feel dizzy. Even though the glasses with astigmatism helps a lot. Lol.

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Your yellow glasses is 90s tech liao lah.

now is this gimmick le.

51GX-6NuzdL-2044x2048.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Reminds me of:😁image.thumb.png.70f8831b29bd326426f5bc61f97fe472.png

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, BabyBlade said:

TLDR: Astigmatism giving me a hard time driving in bad weather at night. 

Driving at night I realised I've been seeing halos/star-burst like effects/glares around traffic lights but didn't think much of it till one day it just occured to me that I may have astig. I also thought those were normal glares caused by the windscreen. I don't wear glasses and I've always had the impression that I have perfect vision but probably not so perfect anymore. It doesn't really affect my ability to drive but it does get a lot worse in bad weather. Does astig worsens with time and is getting glasses a solution? Or do you just live with the condition? 

A-Complete-Guide-to-Astigmatism_-Symptoms-Causes-Diagnosis-and-Treatment-Overview-1.jpg.43eb7017fbbc7324654b8d3af65904c7.jpg

Get your eye check and get glasses for astig.

It is very annoying to drive without the glass.

I have both astig and short-sighted.

Astigma worsen if you straint your eyes even more. Cannot see is cannot see. I also have very bad astigma, so now when I am driving at night, I have standby glasses inside my car. Just wear it and problem solved!

You can only maintain the degree, you cannot solve astigma one. Unless you lasik.

Another tips is to rest your eyes after staring at the com for too long, stare at some trees, look at things that is far away.

Good luck! 🍀

Lasik will not solve astig.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Let me know if you need help with the matching of number. hahaha. I like to help my mother match 4d paper one. hahaha

Now very easy. Use handphone zoom in.

I have short sighted,  old flower and astig. Progressive lens is the one to go.... but very ex.

Edited by Tohto

How u match your toto/4d number?

Ahhh....first prize run water run chicken liao 😁

OIP.jpg

↡ Advertisement