Driving with astigmatism at night

BabyBlade

26 minutes ago, Genes said:

@Vratenza it looks like a fair bit of additional weight. might be a bit uncomfortable for longer period of wearing. good solution tho

Used to have one from daiso...very light in weight...no problem over my regular glasses with glass lens even on long drive or cycling 

↡ Advertisement

20 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Used to have one from daiso...very light in weight...no problem over my regular glasses with glass lens even on long drive or cycling 

okok. so it just looks bulky and heavy 👍

1 hour ago, Genes said:

@Vratenza it looks like a fair bit of additional weight. might be a bit uncomfortable for longer period of wearing. good solution tho

I got my own pair from Taobao. Design is similar to the one I posted. Very light weight, the nose support rest on my nose while the top horizontal portion of the rims project inward to rest on the top of your own glasses. Proper weight distribution is important to reduce fatigue. 

I have use them for an hour drive without issues. But i do agree, maybe for longer duration there might be some unavoidable strain compared to just ur own original glasses. 😄

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Btw just an update, I bought a cheap pair of glasses from KSL. But apparently I don't really have astig! I have slight myopia, and if I'm not wrong it is only about 25 degrees? I only use the glasses for night driving.

• Praise 3

Supersonic
16 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Btw just an update, I bought a cheap pair of glasses from KSL. But apparently I don't really have astig! I have slight myopia, and if I'm not wrong it is only about 25 degrees? I only use the glasses for night driving.

If have myopia then eye sight should not see things not sharp at night after wearing a spec. 

buy the best lenses possible according to budget . Zeiss etc . Don't skimp on the glass and buy an expensive frame.

@BabyBlade i have astigmatism and ever since i got glasses i feel i drive better at night - and i'm not so tense. I decided to got the glasses once I though there was a huge box on the road and it was a shadow. Hahaha So yes, i recommend getting glasses. The halos reduce a lot (not completely to me, but a lot better)

I realise that older lenses tend to have more scratches and doesnt help as much with the street lamp flares. So change the lenses more often!

↡ Advertisement