Malaysia government to halt export of 3.6 million chickens a month

Tohto

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Tkseah said:

Me think the free chickens roaming around near housing estates are in danger... 

one day you will find all of these chickens suddenly disappear?! 😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/malaysia-chicken-export-bans-hurt-breeders-government-urged-review-price-ceiling-2709241

Sabotage the people who the politicians are pretending to help...

Maybe someone is going to pack a car full of chickens and top up their fuel on a JB run...

KUALA LUMPUR: Farms that breed chickens for overseas buyers are worried that they might not be able to keep their operations afloat when the government halts exports from Jun 1. 

“I am very sure I am not the only one. A lot of small farms are wondering how to move their livestock, or whether to continue operations,” Mr Caleb Rajah Selvarajah, a chicken breeder in Johor, told CNA.

Mr Caleb Rajah, who breeds about 4,000 kampung chickens for sale locally, had plans to export his birds to Singapore. 

He had already met a potential middleman to discuss supplying his birds to chicken rice outlets in Singapore, and had also started to double the capacity of his Kota Tinggi farm in anticipation of the exports.

The Singapore dollar’s higher value could be converted to more ringgit, which would help keep his farm operations afloat, he said. 

But the government’s Monday (May 23) announcement that Malaysia would halt the export of 3.6 million chickens per month from Jun 1 has thrown those plans into disarray.

Many small farms in Johor and up to Melaka breed chickens for exports to Singapore, Mr Caleb Rajah said. 

Just now, therock said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/malaysia-chicken-export-bans-hurt-breeders-government-urged-review-price-ceiling-2709241

Sabotage the people who the politicians are pretending to help...

Maybe someone is going to pack a car full of chickens and top up their fuel on a JB run...

Politician just want to make sure no shortage in local market 

Supercharged

Only last week, our minister hail SG-MY to be ‘steady, reliable’ partners. Now chicken supply kenna blocked.  😁

Malaysia and Singapore have been ‘steady, reliable’ partners throughout pandemic: Vivian Balakrishnan

mfa06897_mod.jpg?itok=nv7wPPwi

Malaysia and Singapore have remained steady, reliable and dependable partners in the face of challenges brought about by the COVID-19 crisis, Singapore’s Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan said on Thursday (May 19). Dr Balakrishnan was speaking to the media on the last day of a three-day working visit to Malaysia, where he met senior Malaysian politicians and personalities. 

“We kept our supply chains open, the flow of essential services - food, medication, logistics, supply chains were uninterrupted throughout in spite of the crisis,” he added. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/malaysia-singapore-steady-reliable-partners-pandemic-vivian-balakrishnan-2692206

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged

Traditionally, we have been reliant on Msia for supply of fresh chickens and it had worked so far - just truck them in and pay a resonable price.

The export ban on 1 Jun 2022 was unthinkable, I guess.

In the past few days I have been wondering if there are any poultry farming in Sg and if not why.

Poultry farming is to my view the simplest as compared to pig, cattle, fish farming.

Poultry farming does not need alot of space. Vertical high rise poultry farming is a small way to go?

Today there is news that 9 blocks of HDB in Woodlands would be acquired for expansion of the border crossing complex - hmmm, there is land to spare in SG , if the need is deemed important.

I just viewed this video...... chickens can be ready in about 45 days and what they do in the video seems doable in a high rise setting.

Don't worry

有"鸡"会 吃 🙂 

straitstimes.com/singapore/ntuc-fairprice-has-4-months-stockpile-of-frozen-chicken-authorities-say-no-need-to-panic-buy

12 minutes ago, Camrysfa said:

Traditionally, we have been reliant on Msia for supply of fresh chickens and it had worked so far - just truck them in and pay a resonable price.

The export ban on 1 Jun 2022 was unthinkable, I guess.

In the past few days I have been wondering if there are any poultry farming in Sg and if not why.

Poultry farming is to my view the simplest as compared to pig, cattle, fish farming.

Poultry farming does not need alot of space. Vertical high rise poultry farming is a small way to go?

Today there is news that 9 blocks of HDB in Woodlands would be acquired for expansion of the border crossing complex - hmmm, there is land to spare in SG , if the need is deemed important.

I just viewed this video...... chickens can be ready in about 45 days and what they do in the video seems doable in a high rise setting.

I pass by 2 chickens farm in LCK. There could be another 1 Sg Tengah.

Since we have local egg production, not sure whether these farms are for meat or egg.

Labour is another huddle that we have to jump for local production.

2 minutes ago, Ahwhye said:

Last time someone went warehouse said got plenty of masks, actual was barely enough even for healthcare.....

Now still dare to go warehouse say got plenty of cheekon? sigh... can't think of any better way?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/chicken-supply-prices-supermarkets-singapore-malaysia-export-ban-2708956

Tell ppl enough chicken supply ppl already wipe chicken in Market.

Tell ppl at face value, we will have toilet roll 2.0

3 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

Ch 8 now showing Malaysia chicken farms used to supply to SG... 😂

ZB reported it yesterday 

Hypersonic
53 minutes ago, Didu said:

Only last week, our minister hail SG-MY to be ‘steady, reliable’ partners. Now chicken supply kenna blocked.  😁

Malaysia and Singapore have been ‘steady, reliable’ partners throughout pandemic: Vivian Balakrishnan

mfa06897_mod.jpg?itok=nv7wPPwi

Malaysia and Singapore have remained steady, reliable and dependable partners in the face of challenges brought about by the COVID-19 crisis, Singapore’s Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan said on Thursday (May 19). Dr Balakrishnan was speaking to the media on the last day of a three-day working visit to Malaysia, where he met senior Malaysian politicians and personalities. 

“We kept our supply chains open, the flow of essential services - food, medication, logistics, supply chains were uninterrupted throughout in spite of the crisis,” he added. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/malaysia-singapore-steady-reliable-partners-pandemic-vivian-balakrishnan-2692206

Vivian needs to chut his sharp elbow that he had talked about.

• Haha! 1

I wonder:

What are the lowest priced proteins in SG?

- meats - chicken?

- non meats - tou fu? Is YTF cheap vs meats... 

Will I need to visit my Ampang YTF stall more often I wonder...

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

I think he miss or avoided the point.

'No need to hoard as Singapore has adequate supplies of frozen chicken: Desmond Tan'

There is no problem with frozen chicken at all. The key is fresh chicken. ( I believe even KFC , popeyes use fresh chicken also , other then malaysia i not sure where can they find fresh chicken, not sure if their supply also effected )

For normal singaporean , our life not really effected. But for business that rely on fresh chicken, i think their head double big now.

They need to decide to compromise on quality ? or wait it out, etc etc.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
14 minutes ago, Beregond said:

I think he miss or avoided the point.

'No need to hoard as Singapore has adequate supplies of frozen chicken: Desmond Tan'

There is no problem with frozen chicken at all. The key is fresh chicken. ( I believe even KFC , popeyes use fresh chicken also , other then malaysia i not sure where can they find fresh chicken, not sure if their supply also effected )

For normal singaporean , our life not really effected. But for business that rely on fresh chicken, i think their head double big now.

They need to decide to compromise on quality ? or wait it out, etc etc.

Chicaboo where I worked part time also used fresh chicken. Don’t know what will happen.

Anyway, I said Deja vu because of this:

F1B69DC6-AE68-40A3-8686-04F75AA2630E.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 6