Malaysia government to halt export of 3.6 million chickens a month

Tohto

Rise price +$0.50 due to Covid Malaysia truck hard to come in (but never come down)

Rise price +$0.50 due to  CNY (but never come down)

Rise price +$0.50 due to current chicken shortage (will it come down?)

Rise price +$0.30 due to 2023 increase GST 1% (will NOT come down)

Rise price +$0.30 due to 2024 increase GST 1% again (will NOT come down)

I cannot afford chicken rice liao .....

• Shocked 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha! 4

Hypersonic

Going to buy chicken tomorrow from the wet market. the poultry sellers/hawkers must be thinking, wtf do i do now. 

Hypersonic

Not really a bad thing actually.  It will just force us to source from other places,  which will cut our dependent on MY chicken,  just like how we used to depend so much on MY eggs.  Now we have eggs from as far as Poland.  

Mayb we will have fresh chickens from Russia and Ukraine soon leh,  and MY can keep all the chickens to themselves.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 8

(edited)

@Tianmo

Your chickens from russia and ukraine are chickens as in the animal or chickens as in the "animals"?  :ph34r:[sly]

Edited by Philipkee
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 11

The MY government is essentially telling their chicken farmers they cannot sell/export their chickens for optimum economic benefit but must sell them at capped prices for local benefit.

Essentially asking chicken farmers to do national service.

Can’t help but feel this is politically motivated to remind Singapore of realpolitik. 

I’m not a chicken farmer but I know a little bit about economics, but I’ll let @Chickenfarm weigh in on this.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

i tot our chickens are sourced from thailand, vietnam and china??? depending on price range?

Am shocked to know we are also sourcing from MY... which street btw?

• Haha! 12

(edited)
19 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Those roasted chicken at aunty lucy oredi up $1 liao... was $5.95 now $6.95

siao liao lor...chirping one talking one all Kee siao price :TT_TT:

we better pack and move to bolehLand :ninja:

Edited by Inlinefour
  • Sad 1

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

The MY government is essentially telling their chicken farmers they cannot sell/export their chickens for optimum economic benefit but must sell them at capped prices for local benefit.

Essentially asking chicken farmers to do national service.

Can’t help but feel this is politically motivated to remind Singapore of realpolitik. 

No lah, they are doing something for their people. Maybe the style is bolehland but at least they are making an effort... which is more than i can say about this side of the causeway

• Haha! 1

They dont have an anti-competition ministry to prevent ppl from fixing chicken prices?

To resort to stop exporting is kinda counter-productive. might end up wasting food.

Turbocharged
12 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

They dont have an anti-competition ministry to prevent ppl from fixing chicken prices?

To resort to stop exporting is kinda counter-productive. might end up wasting food.

Got! heard on radio earlier that they will use one month to study/investigate to see if there's price fixing.

Result i guess u guess is the same.. whahahahahahahaha..

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2