Bimmercode

Vratenza

Searched the whole forum and it seem like no one started a thread on this topic.

https://bimmercode.app/

images.jpg.1ecd63b1b09592d41599832f9558986f.jpg

This is the app that when paired to a compatible bluetooth OBII reader, can customize your BMW, Mini, Toyota Supra, Rolls Royce that you would not have been able to change from the car's infotainment system itself.

Let's share experience our experience here and what you have changed for your car.

For a start, I am using this OBII reader: https://www.amazon.sg/Veepeak-OBDCheck-BLE-Bluetooth-Diagnostic/dp/B076XVQMVS/ref=asc_df_B076XVQMVS/?tag=googleshoppin-22&linkCode=df0&hvadid=405536326971&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7523507302547664886&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=2702&hvtargid=pla-804549142681&psc=1

Let me start off with a list of changes I have done for my mini.

- Auto start-stop default off

- car handle LED light turn on when car in reverse

- left rear view mirror tilt angle adjusted to 60%  when car is reversing

- turn signal from blink from 3 to 5 times

- car start mode set to memory function (instead of the factory default mid mode)

- turn on blinking brake light when stopping hard. Different from the flashing hazard light when emergency braking.

- comfort entry and exit duration to press the remote/door lock button to activate all window/sunroof/folding mirror auto close or auto open.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Turbocharged
36 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

Searched the whole forum and it seem like no one started a thread on this topic.

https://bimmercode.app/

images.jpg.1ecd63b1b09592d41599832f9558986f.jpg

This is the app that when paired to a compatible bluetooth OBII reader, can customize your BMW, Mini, Toyota Supra, Rolls Royce that you would not have been able to change from the car's infotainment system itself.

Let's share experience our experience here and what you have changed for your car.

For a start, I am using this OBII reader: https://www.amazon.sg/Veepeak-OBDCheck-BLE-Bluetooth-Diagnostic/dp/B076XVQMVS/ref=asc_df_B076XVQMVS/?tag=googleshoppin-22&linkCode=df0&hvadid=405536326971&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7523507302547664886&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=2702&hvtargid=pla-804549142681&psc=1

Let me start off with a list of changes I have done for my mini.

- Auto start-stop default off

- car handle LED light turn on when car in reverse

- left rear view mirror tilt angle adjusted to 60%  when car is reversing

- turn signal from blink from 3 to 5 times

- car start mode set to memory function (instead of the factory default mid mode)

- turn on blinking brake light when stopping hard. Different from the flashing hazard light when emergency braking.

- comfort entry and exit duration to press the remote/door lock button to activate all window/sunroof/folding mirror auto close or auto open.

note that after an update (id7 about once every 3-6 months), some coding will be gone

i have obdlink mx+ and unicarscan

- turn signal blink 5 times

- asd off

- auto-start stop off

- remember last aircon recirculation mode

Turbocharged
14 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

i thought the most advertised one is carly

carly is quite limited for newer models, and bimmercode has a expert mode that brings it much closer to esys (though esys can still do more)

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

i thought the most advertised one is carly

Carly will be eventually be much more expensive because of the way they structure their app and purchase for each different module that you want to change. 

3 hours ago, Etnt said:

note that after an update (id7 about once every 3-6 months), some coding will be gone

i have obdlink mx+ and unicarscan

- turn signal blink 5 times

- asd off

- auto-start stop off

- remember last aircon recirculation mode

I was tempted to do the aircon recirculation mode but thought real hard about our humid weather potentially encouraging mould growth in the air circulation system if it is kept to internal circulation all the time.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Atonchia said:

The app can help to reflash with new GPS Map?🤣

GPS map is not the function of the ECU. 

GPS is updated directly to the HU. 

I did download the local map update from BMW website (need your vin and and an active subscription to the navigation package), copy over to a thumbdrive and plug it into thw usb port and it will update automatically. 

• Praise 1

Must the obd2 device be plugged in all the times to remember the new setting, or can unplug once programming is done? 

4 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Must the obd2 device be plugged in all the times to remember the new setting, or can unplug once programming is done? 

OBD2 can be unplugged when programming is done.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
7 hours ago, Vratenza said:

I was tempted to do the aircon recirculation mode but thought real hard about our humid weather potentially encouraging mould growth in the air circulation system if it is kept to internal circulation all the time.

i ply kpe daily, and don't want to breathe the air in the tunnel, thus recirc is always on.

on a previous f20, i did the same for 4.5yrs with no mouldy/funky smell from the aircon.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, mersaylee said:

it's like editing a windows registry. edit liao, unplug and it will use the updated values to run lor.

• Praise 3

Yes, as what was alluded to by the rest, the OBDII reader can be unplugged once you are done with the programming.

Just need to be aware that if there is any ECU firmware update by the AD, you will have to reprogram the settings. Not a frequent event and not a difficult process since Bimmercode is pretty intuitive. It also segregate the Expert Mode so that you do not accidentally mess up certain more tricky functions unwittingly.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I used OBD Eleven for VAG. Similar functions

But the most useful feature is permanently disabling the pesky start stop & activating permanent a/c recirculation

I really like Bimmercode both for the ease of use as well as the prompt response from the support team.

A few key coding that are useful to me:

• VIM
  • ASS
  • Tailgate closure with without long press
  • Default driving mode on startup
  • Praise 1