Driving Msian car

Bluepica

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Only one I came across that is worst than MY is Indonesia .... :lll._.:

MY ones ask you one side and slow talk. Indon ones, like pirates, hiong hiong lai one... :ignoring:

polisi same pattern... they will bully/extort whoever they can. Worse if u are orang asing 

still, can be bought/rented.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

@Shibadog I was flagged down once by a small polis car somewhere along E3, just before joining E2.  The polis officer claimed I was driving above speed limit.  Asked me how I want to settle.   When I asked for a summon, he was frustrated.  To further convinced him that I will definitely pay, showed him my hp with records showing paid summonses & he rolled his eyes in surrender, took down my particulars & advised me to drive safely.  🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

55 minutes ago, TameDriver said:

@Shibadog I was flagged down once by a small polis car somewhere along E3, just before joining E2.  The polis officer claimed I was driving above speed limit.  Asked me how I want to settle.   When I asked for a summon, he was frustrated.  To further convinced him that I will definitely pay, showed him my hp with records showing paid summonses & he rolled his eyes in surrender, took down my particulars & advised me to drive safely.  🤣

I kenna flagged down a few times along 2nd link for speeding (despite not speeding).

I wind down window and give police my license.

After 10 minutes, they chased me away.

2 hours ago, Shibadog said:

have heard of this issue in thailand too .. someone was stopped by an opportunistic police man, who when shown the spore licence kept insisting that it was invalid .. he could try debating with the policeman (who obviously understands hardly any english) or pay him the asking B200 .. less than SGD10 is to some people a smaller price to pay than the hassle of proving that he is correct .. 

1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

You very lucky that they never bring you to a police station (usually in a remote village small police stn & not the main station) and keep you there for hours. ( In the 90's, I experienced that myself but released within an hour due to some connection with their higher bosses [lipsrsealed] ) 

After few hours, they release you and says they checked and make a mistake but you already spend few hours in the station.

LL have to accept it and leave quietly. Make noises, you can be detained up to 7 days.... :lll._.:

That's the different with SG & MY police.

Non-criminal offence in SG can detain up to 24 hrs and "release not amounting to acquittal". Criminal offence is up to 48 hrs and release on bail or charge court.

In MY, up to 7 days and for criminal offences - can't smell release dates. Their court cases can drag for several years.... :slow:

not saying that they are correct, and there are those that say that "giving in" encourages this bad behaviour by them, but they can certainly cause you much anxiety and inconvenience, not to mention for the others in your car too, if you dont play ball with them ..

• Praise 1

Supersonic
5 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Did you explain with flowery bahasa language like the flower on their note? 

OIP.jpg

Tink they prefer our Encik Yusof to speak to them.....

• Haha! 4

5 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Should be not a problem. Just like letting a foreigner friend drive your car here. As long there is a valid license, your insurance will also cover. 

Wow thanks, i didn't know msia licence can drive spore car, thought only rental car only, like that i can lend my MY buddy my car drive liao..

Turbocharged
32 minutes ago, Mooose said:

have heard of this issue in thailand too .. someone was stopped by an opportunistic police man, who when shown the spore licence kept insisting that it was invalid .. he could try debating with the policeman (who obviously understands hardly any english) or pay him the asking B200 .. less than SGD10 is to some people a smaller price to pay than the hassle of proving that he is correct .. 

Not surpised if that happens. 

i kena stopped a few times during my road trips there

south side - real security check point, given the instability in the region. Check passport, driving licence, vehicle import permit.

north side - just checking driving licences of foreigners. Policeman spoke very decent English.

also kena a security checkpoint in a quiet area abt 100km north of BKK. They were clearly surprised to see a foreign car and driver. They had to call a senior officer over to speak with me as the others didn't speak English. He checked my passport, driving licence and vehicle permit. He also asked where i was headed.

All cleared me when they saw SG licence. The one in the north happened just in Feb this year. He waved me on saying "Singapore ok, Asean ok". The farang tourist who was stopped at the same time had to pay an standard THB500 fine with receipt.

but for Thailand, since some local police may not read English, it might be useful to have the IDP where it's translated to Thai. 

SOP might differ by region/province too. Some areas are more used to having foreigners; other provinces less so. Some might see foreigners as an income opportunity.

• Praise 4

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Soya said:

Tink they prefer our Encik Yusof to speak to them.....

Of course la. Encik Yusof's one word is equivalent to Agong's one whole sentence.:XD:😊

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

I don't know why you all have so many problems.

I have never had any problems with "saman".

Every polis officer I have met is a gentleman

and offered to take my money and pay the saman for me at the polis HQ.

I no need to come off the highway and drive to the polis station

and I can just continue driving to KL.

:D

Maybe because they know I am a VIP

and that's why they willing to help

and not other people.

• Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I don't know why you all have so many problems.

I have never had any problems with "saman".

Every polis officer I have met is a gentleman

and offered to take my money and pay the saman for me at the polis HQ.

I no need to come off the highway and drive to the polis station

and I can just continue driving to KL.

Maybe because they know I am a VIP

and that's why they willing to help

and not other people.

If your MIL was there, they may even give her some money for kopi instead.

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
7 minutes ago, DrAwkward said:

If your MIL was there, they may even give her some money for kopi instead.

She is the queen of all the gangsters

image.thumb.png.d3203d8d03376d6e936dd2c03b793196.png

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

Of course la. Encik Yusof's one word is equivalent to Agong's one whole sentence.:XD:😊

3.2 words to 1 sentence to be exact....

• Haha! 2

Hey all msia guru, can i confirm if i drive my buddy car in msia, his insurance will cover me as well or do i need to buy my own auto insurance, esp if i'm staying there for a month n drive his car alot during my stay?

4 minutes ago, Cheesey74 said:

Hey all msia guru, can i confirm if i drive my buddy car in msia, his insurance will cover me as well or do i need to buy my own auto insurance, esp if i'm staying there for a month n drive his car alot during my stay?

Why not get your buddy to check with his insurance company on the coverage will be easier.

Asking people here will not know what type of insurance coverage he have.

Even in Singapore you might not able to drive everyone car even the owner agreed as he might only buy for himself, other driver will need to pay for higher excess for in case of insurance claim.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 4

30 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Why not get your buddy to check with his insurance company on the coverage will be easier.

Asking people here will not know what type of insurance coverage he have.

Even in Singapore you might not able to drive everyone car even the owner agreed as he might only buy for himself, other driver will need to pay for higher excess for in case of insurance claim.

Actually my buddy told me shld cover cos insurance stated as anyone authorized by him but i wanna make sure cos dun wanna cost him any trouble and also because i know we got msia pr or pr convert to citizen bros here, so just wanna seek their advice. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1