Plastic Trim Cleaner and Restorer

Vratenza

20 minutes ago, RadX said:

normally u shd 

change car

Cannot lah....I cannot hedge my COE like you🤪

That said, I'll probably turn a profit if I sell my car now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, RadX said:

eh dun bluff...i know ur school is white pants one

Eh you wrong lor.... I am not from elite skool ....shhhhhh dun tell Vivian...🙃

• Haha! 2

I had problems with my boot bumper trim keep turning white. Tried alot of products but most wont last over a week. Until BTH, i just pull out a can of pylon from my storeroom and spray it 3 coats. Now it's a nice dark black and glossy-er than my car's paint. 

IMG_20210620_132631.thumb.jpg.c8845cf02ce7bde1b69f977eb79a4f97.jpg

IMG_20210620_132813.thumb.jpg.11a37e70160c0981edaee16edbf7e041.jpg

• Praise 4

Internal Moderator
4 hours ago, Vratenza said:

I read that show polish on car black trim is just a dressing, ie. covering the problem up till it wears off and have to reapply again. I am also afraid of the kiwi black rubbing off my pants if i accidentally brush against those trim pieces.

I might try it if my car is out of warranty and it does not make economical sense to change out the trim.

Since my car is still well within warranty, I don't see why I have to live with permanently stained trim pieces when it is obviously a manufacturer/design issue.😅

I see I see. I have one senior who once told me this, the exterior of the car technically don't belongs to you, so don't spend too much money on it.

hahaha. So that why i suggest kiwi. You are right, it is just dressing, it will come out one.

Actually when the car have some dings and scratches, it is part of the patina of the car mah. hahaha. it means that it have aged well. 😅

On 5/30/2022 at 2:54 PM, Vratenza said:

Great! Will try this!

Thanks Vratenza. Have send your purchase. Use the applicator to apply, this will wear off after weeks or month so good to just re-apply again and hopefully will lighten up the white stain.

(edited)

I think you just have to use an industrial heater gun to heat the plastics and it will get its shine back. I dunno hair dryer will work or not. Anyway no chemicals are needed. And definitely no spray paint. Yikes!

FF 1:41 . 

You may also do the same for the interior plastics.

I have seen it done here at a local car body workshop before. They use the same method.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

He don't bathe also?

Because based on his logic

the exterior of his body technically don't belong to him?

:D

On 5/31/2022 at 1:42 PM, kobayashiGT said:

I see I see. I have one senior who once told me this, the exterior of the car technically don't belongs to you, so don't spend too much money on it.

hahaha. So that why i suggest kiwi. You are right, it is just dressing, it will come out one.

Actually when the car have some dings and scratches, it is part of the patina of the car mah. hahaha. it means that it have aged well. 😅

• Haha! 1

Some people wrongly say the car does not belong to you because of COE you rent it for 10 year.

The car does belong to you except for the chassis and engine.

I took out all the seat and its now my kids chairs

I took out the balding tyres and put on my MIL's car.

I took out the dashboard as it was a low mileage car and put on another high mileage used car.

So I never need to clock the other car.

And till today I have never clocked a car.

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

He don't bathe also?

Because based on his logic

the exterior of his body technically don't belong to him?

@Lectrosphere Can you confirm? hahahahahah. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1