Elon Musk: Come to work or stay home forever!

Wt_know

(edited)

come back to office or else f off .... :grin:

2022-06-01_222756.png

2022-06-01_222859.png

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 10

Supersonic
25 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

come back to office or else f off .... :grin:

2022-06-01_222756.png

2022-06-01_222859.png

His working style same like my company sia?! 😅 Come back to office 100% if not f off. Too bad my company is not Tesla. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 6

(edited)

didn’t expect this from elon

isn’t he is the one saying i dont hire degree holder … you dont need education to be smart and do great things

i thought he is the type of boss saying ... i dont care you are netflix and chill at home

when i want something … you just deliver .. whether you have to work 10 or 12 hours a day …. [sly] 

and not simply show face in office 40 hours a week ... [laugh] 

Edited by Wt_know

Supersonic
1 minute ago, mikk123 said:

This man is the real deal. All those working from home are bulls**t. Those are excuses for being lazy.  Hope Singapore government don't fall for those stupid nonsense. especially when they say MC is not part of staff valuation! You will see our staff MC gone through the roof. Singapore is where it is today is because of hardwork, not taking MC on Monday and Friday. STUPID! 

Ya lo, how many bosses would believe when their staff WFH is really working on work, and not working on their personal work? Like i said before, even employees physically sitting at their desk in the office, many of them also doing their own stuff than working. So how would bosses believe that employees really working during WFH? This is simply deceiving ownself la. Only people who is really working no matter in office or WFH are bossess level. All others level staff just find excuses for being lazy.

• Haha! 2

i have wfh and i used to work 10 to 12hrs... only upon going to office,, then i try to leave on time as need time for transportation 

therefore, can't really says ppls are being lazy wfh... 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, Actan72 said:

i have wfh and i used to work 10 to 12hrs... only upon going to office,, then i try to leave on time as need time for transportation 

Your level must be high, thats why need to work 10-12 hours, cause could be many meeting plus many ad hoc work etc. If only a small fry in the company, i guess dont have so much work to do for everyday la.

Not all people are lazy during WFH, but many are. Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
12 minutes ago, Actan72 said:

Issit you compact the 10-12 hours work to 8 hour in the office?

Like that means hor you are a effiecent worker in the office leh. 😁

• Haha! 2

It’s too binary to say that turning up at work means you’re working and working at home means you could be skiving.

You can skive even if you’re working at office, at the pantry, in the toilet or downstairs having a long smoke break downstairs.

If your staff have clearly defined deliverables and KPI, meet regularly for work progress updates, is it necessary to see them all in office?

If you think that they can finish their work early and tuang the rest of the work day, then it is the supervisors themselves that need to take some responsibility in matching work expectations and staff bandwidth.

I’m not pro-WFH or work in office, and it’s my own choice to turn up in person by default, but I don’t see WFH staff as delivering less than those that are in office.

• Praise 9

12 hours ago, 13177 said:

His working style same like my company sia?! 😅 Come back to office 100% if not f off. Too bad my company is not Tesla. 

I know you don't work for Elon Musk in Tesla, but Alamak in Salah! :D:D

You champion siah... 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

didn’t expect this from elon

isn’t he is the one saying i dont hire degree holder … you dont need education to be smart and do great things

i thought he is the type of boss saying ... i dont care you are netflix and chill at home

when i want something … you just deliver .. whether you have to work 10 or 12 hours a day …. [sly] 

and not simply show face in office 40 hours a week ... [laugh] 

Learn_how_to_make_roti_prata.gif?resize=

Supersonic
7 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

It’s too binary to say that turning up at work means you’re working and working at home means you could be skiving.

You can skive even if you’re working at office, at the pantry, in the toilet or downstairs having a long smoke break downstairs.

If your staff have clearly defined deliverables and KPI, meet regularly for work progress updates, is it necessary to see them all in office?

If you think that they can finish their work early and tuang the rest of the work day, then it is the supervisors themselves that need to take some responsibility in matching work expectations and staff bandwidth.

I’m not pro-WFH or work in office, and it’s my own choice to turn up in person by default, but I don’t see WFH staff as delivering less than those that are in office.

Whether it is WFO or WFH, to employees sure they would see that WFH is not a way to deliver less than WFO. They still can skive and complete the work they need to do on time. But to bosses, WFH is simply nonsense, cause to them i pay you salary, even you skive at the office, i also must see you physically come to office everyday, at least you need to wake up early and make an effort to travel to office and reach office on time. Rather than WFH, high chance you would be skiving on most of the time. 😂

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Ya lo, how many bosses would believe when their staff WFH is really working on work, and not working on their personal work? Like i said before, even employees physically sitting at their desk in the office, many of them also doing their own stuff than working. So how would bosses believe that employees really working during WFH? This is simply deceiving ownself la. Only people who is really working no matter in office or WFH are bossess level. All others level staff just find excuses for being lazy.

For bosses, WFH is even worse, as they end up working longer hours with less separation between office and home. E-mails and direct messages come in at all hours. Last time at least after work hours, people are paiseh to send messages concerning work. leaving it for the next day. But now with WFH all such inhibition is gone. There are bigger bosses who call impromptu meeting on zoom or teams at close to knock-off time thinking everyone already at home, what?

Everyone here slowly realizing despite the sexy, revolutionary appeal of WFH or the schools' version called HBL (home-based learning) - they DO NOT work!

My kid on HBL spends only 1-2 hours on the school-assigned work, wake up on time just to register attendance and go back to sleep. End up the teachers either ask them to catch up on the topics affected by HBL on their own, or cram everything into the face-to-face classes remaining on the time-table.

WFH or HBL needs adults' level of discipline (which even some adults in age, do not have)

Now even Elon Musk, one of the techiest person we can think of, has spoken out against WFH.

Anyway this forum got a lot of mainly big bosses, upper management people, full-cash-for-cars-type, from the looks of it, mostly will support ending WFH and come back to office [laugh] so the minions can be monitored and less skiving.

If go HWZ, then it's a different perspective.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Haha! 5

Hypersonic
(edited)

Tesla is seen as attractive destination to work. Actually they pay less than what u get at Ford/GM. Like just the normal exec may earn like 15-20% less. 

Still got lots of people want to work in what they see as the future.

Think only c-suite and above get stock options bah?

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

but but but... the covid generation of youngsters want WFH and high pay, how?

🤣

↡ Advertisement