Elon Musk: Come to work or stay home forever!

Wt_know

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

no $$ no talk la ... simi flexible ... simi balance ... simi family oriented

it aint gonna pay for the million dollar Condo, BMW and luxury travel photos posted in IG .... :grin:

2022-06-02_133112.png

Lol ofcos if ur looking for work who cares worklife balance. Only after you got the job then suddenly it become important

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged
26 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

depend how big is the company la .... where got people can see the boss's, boss's, boss's boss .... :grin:

if company's VP or C-Executive level ... that's great la

If there is a will to network with them face to face, there will always be a way. 

A smart employee will network with 5 levels of people. 2 levels above them, 2 levels below them and one peer level.  But most people only network 3 levels......and usually leave out the boss boss and the people below their subordinates.

Every job is a people business.  How far one get in life depend how far one is willing to get to know others especially that 5 levels.  

1 minute ago, yishunite said:

Lol ofcos if ur looking for work who cares worklife balance. Only after you got the job then suddenly it become important

hard truth .... 

1 minute ago, Starry said:

If there is a will to network with them face to face, there will always be a way. 

A smart employee will network with 5 levels of people. 2 levels above them, 2 levels below them and one peer level.  But most people only network 3 levels......and usually leave out the boss boss and the people below their subordinates.

Every job is a people business.  How far one get in life depend how far one is willing to get to know others especially that 5 levels.  

wah ... champion ... 

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

The people that want WFH do less work at home and the people that want to work from office do less hours in the office or want to get away from their MILs.

:D

Ah... yes, "work late" at spa massage [laugh]

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Starry said:

If an employee is smart, they will go back to office when everyone wants to WFH

Because the bosses will usually be in the office and there are now less people around.

Meaning it is now the best time to network with the bosses.  Best if the boss' boss is there too with more chances to bump into him and do some talks. Even better if can go lunch with him cos he has no one to go with.

😁

Wa, go lunch with boss or even boss' boss? Quite stressful to eat with them le. No wonder my boss dont like me, cause i never like to eat lunch with them. Lol.

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

it aint gonna pay for the million dollar Condo, BMW and luxury travel photos posted in IG .... :grin:

2022-06-02_133112.png

Salary and benefits sure important than work life balance la. Since work life balance cannot pay for millions house, luxury car, many holiday trips and atas lifestyle lo.

Supersonic

before COVID, everyone works in office, never question about it. it's the norm.

productivity is about you, the workers, the execs, working in office/outstation/on site/etc..

suddenly, you're "blessed" with working from home,

and now you feel, you are more productive working at home, and no longer productive working in office.

bs.

you deserved to be fired then.

6 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Issit you compact the 10-12 hours work to 8 hour in the office?

Like that means hor you are a effiecent worker in the office leh. 😁

no, bcos i choose not to bring laptop home when working in office...

but i am in the office @ 7am daily to clear those i can't do in the evening now, official working hr is 830 to 530

so is there are good and bad.... depends how you sees it

• Praise 2

Supersonic
6 minutes ago, Actan72 said:

no, bcos i choose not to bring laptop home when working in office...

but i am in the office @ 7am daily to clear those i can't do in the evening now, official working hr is 830 to 530

so is there are good and bad.... depends how you sees it

In the office at 7am quite early le esp your start work time is 830. I rememember in my previous company, there is one manager always reached office at 6am plus, start work is 8am. And only went home earliest 6pm plus but most of the time is 7pm plus. Really his life is all about work work work. 😅

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Sosaria said:

WFH or HBL needs adults' level of discipline (which even some adults in age, do not have)

Now even Elon Musk, one of the techiest person we can think of, has spoken out against WFH.

Anyway this forum got a lot of mainly big bosses, upper management people, full-cash-for-cars-type, from the looks of it, mostly will support ending WFH and come back to office [laugh] so the minions can be monitored and less skiving.

If go HWZ, then it's a different perspective.

Aiya, that means people like me with discipline very rare to come by :grin:but age is still a problem, many organizations still prefer to hire young handsome/pretty that prefers WFH over me :XD:

Hypersonic

Every company got useless lazy people that don't want to work.

WFH is just an excuse.

I blame HR all the people that conduct interviews don't know what they are doing.

If they did then no useless lazy people in companies.

:D

Scrap the interviews let a computer decide who get the job.

Supercharged
(edited)
2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

2022-06-02_133112.png

While I understand why the above, but people also need to realise that after getting the job, a good work-life balance culture will provide the necessary elements to cultivate good mental & physical health in order to perform the best everyday.

It is pointless to get a good salary, but going home everyday fully drained with lots of stress and hence affected the ability to perform the best.  Worse is got sick, and then more stress, more sick, etc.......endless vicious cycle which then make the good salary unsustainable. Or in some cases, even affected personal relationship with family.

Edited by Starry

Supersonic
14 minutes ago, Starry said:

While I understand why the above, but people also need to realise that after getting the job, a good work-life balance culture will provide the necessary elements to cultivate good mental & physical health in order to perform the best everyday.

It is pointless to get a good salary, but going home everyday fully drained with lots of stress and hence affected the ability to perform the best.  Worse is got sick, and then more stress, more sick, etc.......endless vicious cycle which then make the good salary unsustainable. Or in some cases, even affected personal relationship with family.

Depends on individual body, not necessary those who dont have good work-life balance with lots of stress would affect the ability to perform the best. I have seen those high level manager/GM only think of work work work, and yet they still able to perform well le. Lol.

(edited)
56 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Depends on individual body, not necessary those who dont have good work-life balance with lots of stress would affect the ability to perform the best. I have seen those high level manager/GM only think of work work work, and yet they still able to perform well le. Lol.

yup … high achiever with no “work” (achievement) or “stress” (motivation) will become sick … lol

work vs achievement

stress vs motivation

depend on the person goal and ambition 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic

I am beginning to deeply dislike Musk. Between his blatant Twitter manipulation and his pro-Trump nonsense, he's becoming quite the right-wing nut job. Of course, being of South African origin (the land of Apartheid) and having seen many complaints about systematic racism in his company already cast him in a very doubtful light. 

I think he's following Trump's example and running for Presidency as a Republican. Because the right wing tends to be the most gullible and easily manipulated bunch of morons in the US. 

In any case, I should feel bad about the sincere left wing idiots who bought Musk's saving the planet mantra and got an overpriced Tesla. But somehow, I don't. And I will never buy a Tesla as long as he runs the company. Maybe another electric car but not the T. Pui! 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 6

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Starry said:

Got time to do work? :slow:

↡ Advertisement