Elon Musk: Come to work or stay home forever!

Wt_know

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Depends on individual body, not necessary those who dont have good work-life balance with lots of stress would affect the ability to perform the best. I have seen those high level manager/GM only think of work work work, and yet they still able to perform well le. Lol.

They'll realize the need to spend the later part of their lives being friends with doctors :grin:, all the money in their pocket will go to doctors' pocket.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

7 hours ago, 13177 said:

Thought i heard from news that some employees rejected from going back to office 100% when company ask them to do so. And would resign if company does not allow them to continue WFH arrangement?! 🙄

A lot interviewing for new jobs are also looking for pay increase of more than 20% from their current jobs.....even without direct experience from totally different industry. Usually these are mid to late 20s. They expected to be remunerated the same as those in the mid 30s with more years of relevant working experience. 

If fit the role and has right attitude and aptitude then definitely can worth the salt they are asking.

Mid 30s expected pay increase is more align with market rates. They also did their homework. 

Now quite a lot of movement. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged
3 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Got time to do work? :slow:

Yes, why not.  Networking with people probably take the least time (everybody need  to have lunch anyway) and the most fulfilling. 😁

6 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

it really depends on your job scope. If it is more admin or standard workflow then likely you can WFH. If its more dynamic like planning or creative works, its better to go office and mingle with people. 

i feel a good mix of 3 days office, 2 days home will benefit both employees and employers. Personally i prefer to go office as i can focus better in an office environment. But a day or 2 out of office will help me in updating my reports as colleagues cant distract me as easily when I'm at home. 

Totally agree. 

Sometime in office people walk over, or if I walk over will get answer quite quickly.....but is quite disruptive if in the midst of doing something....and usually can lose train of thoughts 🤣

Doing things that require longer focus time can be better at home..

Provided kids are at school.🤣

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
37 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I am beginning to deeply dislike Musk. Between his blatant Twitter manipulation and his pro-Trump nonsense, he's becoming quite the right-wing nut job. Of course, being of South African origin (the land of Apartheid) and having seen many complaints about systematic racism in his company already cast him in a very doubtful light. 

I think he's following Trump's example and running for Presidency as a Republican. Because the right wing tends to be the most gullible and easily manipulated bunch of morons in the US. 

In any case, I should feel bad about the sincere left wing idiots who bought Musk's saving the planet mantra and got an overpriced Tesla. But somehow, I don't. And I will never buy a Tesla as long as he runs the company. Maybe another electric car but not the T. Pui! 

i have disliked him since the cave rescue incident, but he is still a darling in many eyes, can do no bad/evil.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
19 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

A lot interviewing for new jobs are also looking for pay increase of more than 20% from their current jobs.....even without direct experience from totally different industry. Usually these are mid to late 20s. They expected to be remunerated the same as those in the mid 30s with more years of relevant working experience. 

If fit the role and has right attitude and aptitude then definitely can worth the salt they are asking.

Mid 30s expected pay increase is more align with market rates. They also did their homework. 

Yeah, especially those who just received their bonus, all moving liao.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

I am beginning to deeply dislike Musk. Between his blatant Twitter manipulation and his pro-Trump nonsense, he's becoming quite the right-wing nut job. Of course, being of South African origin (the land of Apartheid) and having seen many complaints about systematic racism in his company already cast him in a very doubtful light. 

I think he's following Trump's example and running for Presidency as a Republican. Because the right wing tends to be the most gullible and easily manipulated bunch of morons in the US. 

In any case, I should feel bad about the sincere left wing idiots who bought Musk's saving the planet mantra and got an overpriced Tesla. But somehow, I don't. And I will never buy a Tesla as long as he runs the company. Maybe another electric car but not the T. Pui! 

Elon is a typical narcissist, deeply convinced he's always right and rubbishing other people's ideas.

But when things go wrong, don't blame him, it's always other people's failings.

That's why after people laughed at his silly plan to rescue the Thai 'cave boys' , he reacted badly. Classic narcissistic reaction.

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

Elon is a typical narcissist, deeply convinced he's always right and rubbishing other people's ideas.

But when things go wrong, don't blame him, it's always other people's failings.

That's why after people laughed at his silly plan to rescue the Thai 'cave boys' , he reacted badly. Classic narcissistic reaction.

I have a feeling he thinks he will be the saviour of mankind with SpaceX to explore Mars and beyond.

C'mon la, I see people work in office go around talk cock with colleagues, bo tai bo ji go downstairs smoke and la kopi. Work simi.

For me I feel more productive when I WFH. When I'm alone in my room I can be in my zone and concentrate on my work, nobody disturb.

• Praise 4

Actually it really depends on the job and the job scope la. Hard to say one size fits all. 

Certain job scope really need to be in the office. I roughly divide in 2 types. My 2 very rough 2 cents

1) Administrative in nature ie defined as the less they do the better type; they do more also wont get paid more kind of job. This is the type that need to be in office. My personal experience is, this type of job scope, work from home. everything slows to a crawl. They just siam and siam, dont pick phone. Email no one respond.  Cos do more also wont get more. So doing less is earning more. 

2) Sales, KPI driven or client facing. This is the type that no need to be in office and can let them WFH. Whether u in office or at home, if you don't meet your KPIs, then you can kiss goodbye to your job and F -Off.  Those that got no numbers, at home or in office the same-no numbers. You better dun come in and waste my aircon and my coffee. 

However, i have noticed that most bosses manage it the other way around. They force KPI driven ppl, eg sales ppl to come in office and sit ard and drink kopi and smoke and eat long lunch, while gossiping about other ppl. 

Meanwhile the support functions ppl get to WFH-slowing things down.

Boils down to this: the generals like to see their money generating troops in their shiny armour milling around. 存在感爆棚。  

Meantime they no need to see the guys that sharpens the swords, mends the armour and does the cooking and cleaning.      

• Praise 4

Tried WFH but succumb to WFBed…

So only disciplined personnel can WFH but those hyper active type must work in office..Hard Truths..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Atonchia said:

No wonder they are only in their mid to late 20s but their salary already consider quite high, due to they know how to nego for a higher salary?!

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Totally agree. 

Sometime in office people walk over, or if I walk over will get answer quite quickly.....but is quite disruptive if in the midst of doing something....and usually can lose train of thoughts 🤣

At home how can focus better since there are even much more distraction at home than office? Lol. I find in office the main distraction is noise from other colleagues. 

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
47 minutes ago, Benarsenal said:

C'mon la, I see people work in office go around talk cock with colleagues, bo tai bo ji go downstairs smoke and la kopi. Work simi.

For me I feel more productive when I WFH. When I'm alone in my room I can be in my zone and concentrate on my work, nobody disturb.

If the person is those who like to go around talk cock with colleagues or go for smoke break and la kopi when work in office, then even this person WFH also might ended up doing own things, or sleep etc than working lo.

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If the person is those who like to go around talk cock with colleagues or go for smoke break and la kopi when work in office, then even this person WFH also might ended up doing own things, or sleep etc than working lo.

hard truth ... 

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Then it's about the person not the job. Lazy and ill-disciplined people whether WFH or work in office also will find ways to slack off.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Benarsenal said:

Depends on nature of job. Like my own job, there's individual contribution but for that contribution also need to get buy-in, help, arrangements, with other people. Sometimes coordination between various parties need to be worked out. In such cases it is easier to quickly bounce ideas and suggestions off other people when you're both in office. You can see gestures, facial expressions that 'telegraph' their reception to your plans, and quickly make accommodations for them if necessary to secure the win-win so your plans can go ahead without being stymied by non-cooperation from others. There's less chance for friction. My job like that, more effective in the office face-to-face. Otherwise I'd be ploughing ahead blindly and either need to re-work or accidentally created unhappiness among others.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
12 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Totally agree. 

TBH, in office only work 1-2hrs per day, a lot of times is

1. chit chat
  2. long coffee breaks
  3. long lunch
  4. meetings

where got time to do any work?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4