COE Bidding – June 2022

Carbon82

Supersonic
9 minutes ago, Arogab said:

These are the people who save on cars and concentrate on house lah. Do not be fool by them that it is for the maid ok. These people are the ones who put more money into their pockets. Trust me, one of my peers, he is just an aircraft maintenance guy. Till today at 50, he does not drive a single brand new car but rather any cat A car near to ten years or even a COE car. So far, he has third condo with 2 renting out liao and no loan. 

In fact e need to learn to reduce our expenses and learn to be frugal. But sometimes just hand itchy leh. Haha

Sure to have such people. But how many of these rich people who stay in ang moh chu but buy the cheapest B&B car le? Since the drive and comfy of the car is not comparable to more ex car lo. Why would they want to make themselves 'suffer' since they could afford a better car? I believe even these rich people buy a more ex car, they still can have many money in their pockets or able to have 3 full pay condos la?! Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

20 hours ago, SLing said:

2 letters to the ST forum today (I read via NLB app, thanks Voodooman).  1 suggested issuing COE to driver instead of car.  2nd one suggested special cat for non luxury cars.  

BTW, what are PML, TC & NA?

I think non luxury car category should be for ugly cars eg Freed, Sienta, Attrage & 1.3 Jazz.  Rich won’t buy

Did the letter say how will issuing COE to driver control car population? What is the objective of this?  

PML = Performance Motor Limited (BMW Dealer), TC = Turbocharged, NA = Naturally aspirated, ie. non-TC

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Sure to have such people. But how many of these rich people who stay in ang moh chu but buy the cheapest B&B car le? Since the drive and comfy of the car is not comparable to more ex car lo. Why would they want to make themselves 'suffer' since they could afford a better car? I believe even these rich people buy a more ex car, they still can have many money in their pockets or able to have 3 full pay condos la?! Lol.

42 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

life is short....buy so many condos and live so frugal for what? All the condos left to the children are actually not helping them. They will loose the will to excel because daddy left a few millions behind. You think the children will appreciate it? hope that guy will be well taken care of by the children when he is old, not living in a nursing home. 😁

Haha, you'll be surprise there are many of them like this. They are not stingy or they are not short of money. They just put priorities differently. 

2 of my boss do it on the opposite. One buy houses, don't allow the family to buy any car more that 300k. The other is buy car, but stay in HDB. so they are just different only. Not that they make themselves suffer. 

I meant just general comment only. Cos there are a few that will live frugally on the overall just like my Big boss brother, he just stay HDB and also simply drive a Toyota Corolla. If you see him outside, you don't know he making more than a million every year. Another friend of his owns  a building in Paya Lebar but still drive a Seinta. 

In general, not wrong to say Rich will not buy small cars. They may be majority. Just how they feel only and let's not forget the minority. And the worst, drive big car and not money to pump petrol type. Haha

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

The boom and bust cycle is not ridiculous.

I sell during the boom and buy during the bust.

:D

Only stupid or very rich people buy during the boom

and sell during the bust.

• Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, SLing said:

@Kar_lover here is a screenshot of that letter.  I think the idea is to allow people to change cars but retain the same COE

IMG_2F34371753F5-1.jpeg

Ok that's silly then lol.... The main issue of electric cars is the charging issue - both availability and time taken to charge. Anyway if COE is tagged to owner and owner can just change car anytime he likes that will NOT curb vehicle population. In fact it is the very opposite! The idea of COE is to limit the number of vehicles where 1 COE is to 1 Vehicle. But on this proposal, if 1 owner holds COE for 10 years and changes 10 cars with that 1 single COE, how is that limiting the population of cars? 1,000 COEs can create 10,000 cars of which 9,000 cannot be driven because no owner. SG will become the world's biggest car scrapyard. 

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

The boom and bust cycle is not ridiculous.

I sell during the boom and buy during the bust.

Only stupid or very rich people buy during the boom

and sell during the bust.

Those very rich sell and buy anytime. 

They also got MIL and send their MIL to holiday like you🤣

• Haha! 1

36 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Those very rich sell and buy anytime. 

They also got MIL and send their MIL to holiday like you🤣

Last month took her to Bangkok

Next month I think she can visit her relatives

image.png.e523bc04fcbb3a100cc93b65c7759335.png

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Last month took her to Bangkok

Next month I think she can visit her relatives

image.png.e523bc04fcbb3a100cc93b65c7759335.png

Why you come Bangkok never look for me? 😅

• Haha! 3

7 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Why you come Bangkok never look for me? 😅

I wanted to

but I was tied up 

by MIL

image.png.a342e020102dbd869d7b3e9d2dbd3e9d.png

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

I wanted to

but I was tied up 

by MIL

image.png.a342e020102dbd869d7b3e9d2dbd3e9d.png

Tie for so long or you keep long hair🤣

• Haha! 1

6 hours ago, mikk123 said:

life is short....buy so many condos and live so frugal for what? All the condos left to the children are actually not helping them. They will loose the will to excel because daddy left a few millions behind. You think the children will appreciate it? hope that guy will be well taken care of by the children when he is old, not living in a nursing home. 😁

this sound so sour grapes but I LIKE!!!!

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Arogab said:

Tie for so long or you keep long hair🤣

This is what I look like before she tied me up

image.png.9d4eb26da957d13a6514018f14bb5665.png

• Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

Ok that's silly then lol.... The main issue of electric cars is the charging issue - both availability and time taken to charge. Anyway if COE is tagged to owner and owner can just change car anytime he likes that will NOT curb vehicle population. In fact it is the very opposite! The idea of COE is to limit the number of vehicles where 1 COE is to 1 Vehicle. But on this proposal, if 1 owner holds COE for 10 years and changes 10 cars with that 1 single COE, how is that limiting the population of cars? 1,000 COEs can create 10,000 cars of which 9,000 cannot be driven because no owner. SG will become the world's biggest car scrapyard. 

Singapore is already a huge vehicle exporter and that will make it even more so.

But one person owning 10 cars with 1 COE (of course, his wife, daughter or dog is ineligible to drive out any of the 9 remaining cars as he has only 1 COE) is much preferable than 10 people owning 1 car each as the latter will definitely drive more cumulatively than the above.

13 hours ago, 13177 said:

Some people really just need something to get around la, no need comfy or fancy.

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Brass said:

Singapore is already a huge vehicle exporter and that will make it even more so.

But one person owning 10 cars with 1 COE (of course, his wife, daughter or dog is ineligible to drive out any of the 9 remaining cars as he has only 1 COE) is much preferable than 10 people owning 1 car each as the latter will definitely drive more cumulatively than the above.

My understanding would be that if COE is tagged to the person instead of the car, he can still only own ONE car at any one time per COE. Not 1 COE can own multiple cars. When he wants to change car, he still needs to sell his current car (without COE) and use his existing COE to get the new car (without COE). If it is indeed 1 person holding 1 COE can buy and keep multiple cars at the same time then it will definitely totally fail. Where got enough car park lots in the first place? 

All these funny ideas trying to punish the rich but end up u all will ownself heavily sabo ownself. Rich ppl still won't give a fiak. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 2