COE Bidding – June 2022

Carbon82

Turbocharged
29 minutes ago, Etnt said:

The highest ever was 110.5? See if can break in July anot 

Hopefully if it peaks in July, thereafter it will drop by a substantial amount like last time.

↡ Advertisement

1 minute ago, Scion said:

tot the coming higher interest rates will affect the COEs negatively

i'm wrong 😁

haha ..... if we are so choon we can anytime time the market liao ... 

(edited)
2 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

That's plausible. Because I heard from horses' mouths that PHV vehicle rental companies are now phasing out some "old" inventories.

fk the PHV companies bidding up COE

PHV companies is like Taxi companies, should ban them from bidding COE 

bid high high and simply raise the rental cost and the cost is subsequently transfer to “consumer” [mad] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Government should look at Cat A and Cat D to ensure that vehicle ownership is not out of reach for the masses.

I suggest 20% of Cat B and E quota move to Cat A. This should bring down Cat A to around $50k. Cat B and E price can be sky high as people choose to buy big cars. Nobody force them.

Cat D quota can be increased unilaterally 20% as motorcycles don’t cause traffic jams like cars do.

Twincharged
3 hours ago, Scion said:

tot the coming higher interest rates will affect the COEs negatively

i'm wrong 😁

Higher Interest Rates for Fixed Deposit,so Cash Rich,more Money to Buy.

Twincharged
Just now, Fitmugen said:

Government should look at Cat A and Cat D to ensure that vehicle ownership is not out of reach for the masses.

I suggest 20% of Cat B and E quota move to Cat A. This should bring down Cat A to around $50k. Cat B and E price can be sky high as people choose to buy big cars. Nobody force them.

Cat D quota can be increased unilaterally 20% as motorcycles don’t cause traffic jams like cars do.

Government already told us,they want more People take Public Transport...Car Lite..less Emission.

• Praise 2

29 minutes ago, Fitmugen said:

They need to relook their categorisation of Cat B too. Many small cars but above 130bhp also in Cat B.

• Praise 2

32 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Government already told us,they want more People take Public Transport...Car Lite..less Emission.

can public transport cope though if a surge of existing car owners give up driving and switch to public transport.

Later on the MRT infrastructure kena overloaded and breakdown again🙄

• Praise 1

RadX’s millionaire migration chart is eye opening.  I wonder how other populations will react if the same things that are happening in their countries,eg ASEAN countries (migration, inflation & becoming foreigners’ paradise). Any economists / historians have info?

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

fk the PHV companies bidding up COE

PHV companies is like Taxi companies, should ban them from bidding COE 

bid high high and simply raise the rental cost and the cost is subsequently transfer to “consumer” [mad] 

By extension of your argument i think that goods vehicles and buses should also not be subjected to COE. They have nothing to do with "car-liteness". In fact buses are substitute for car transportation and they cater to the general public and so their higher acquisition costs also ultimately adversely impact transportation costs of the population who use public transportation. Goods vehicles are the essential cogs in economic activities and their vehicular costs are direct costs in consumer goods and services which also ultimately become more expensive.

And in the end, those higher costs and prices of goods and services enable the govt to collect higher quantum of GST.

The govt just want to eat the cake and still have the cake. ://

• Praise 1

(edited)
20 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

By extension of your argument i think that goods vehicles and buses should also not be subjected to COE. They have nothing to do with "car-liteness". In fact buses are substitute for car transportation and they cater to the general public and so their higher acquisition costs also ultimately adversely impact transportation costs of the population who use public transportation. Goods vehicles are the essential cogs in economic activities and their vehicular costs are direct costs in consumer goods and services which also ultimately become more expensive.

And in the end, those higher costs and prices of goods and services enable the govt to collect higher quantum of GST.

goods vehicles and buses are in the same category = bidders bid for business usage

PHV and Consumer in the same category = does not make sense = 1 bid for biz , 1 bid for personal use

that's why govt remove taxi company from Cat A bidding that fight with consumer

Edited by Wt_know

4 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Hopefully if it peaks in July, thereafter it will drop by a substantial amount like last time.

With confirmation gst is go ahead, may trigger sustained buying patterns

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Public bus (meaning SBS all that) not subject to COE I think.

1 minute ago, Benarsenal said:

most likely those school busses and worker/transport busses that doing business ...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
31 minutes ago, Benarsenal said:

Bus those CB buses and PA buses used to ferry school children and providing shutter services are under COE, their higher purchase costs ultimately mean higher fees charged to parents and also higher prices paid by workers.

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

It’s not rocket science to understand that w a quota (and a small one) prices will rise.  This isn’t a bad thing as in an open economy those who wish to buy one should be prepared to pay above all others.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1