First mobile fast-charging service for electric vehicles in Singapore

Ingenius

Turbocharged
(edited)

A local company has started offering a mobile charging service for electric vehicles (EVs). This is said to be the first of its kind in Singapore.

The service by Power Up Tech (P.Up) is targeted at EV owners who may not have convenient access to a permanent charging point. Each visit lasts 30 minutes to an hour to bring the EV up to about 80 per cent of battery charge.  So range anxiety is not a problem anymore.

Maybe while waiting can also charge handphone. 😄

Edited by Ingenius
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11

I don't believe this part

"Each visit lasts 30 minutes to an hour to bring the EV up to about 80 per cent of battery charge."

for mobile service.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

41 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

A local company has started offering a mobile charging service for electric vehicles (EVs). This is said to be the first of its kind in Singapore.

The service by Power Up Tech (P.Up) is targeted at EV owners who may not have convenient access to a permanent charging point. Each visit lasts 30 minutes to an hour to bring the EV up to about 80 per cent of battery charge.  So range anxiety is not a problem anymore.

Maybe while waiting can also charge handphone. 😄

I hope they lug a huge battery around, something like a big powerbank.  If it is a fossil fuel powered generator that is providing the juice, I will knn if one of these shows up at a carpark near my place and runs the generator for half an hour.  But whichever way, it negates the energy efficiency which EV is supposed to have.

• Haha! 11

Internal Moderator
18 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I don't believe this part

"Each visit lasts 30 minutes to an hour to bring the EV up to about 80 per cent of battery charge."

for mobile service.

If this guy appear during the charging, I will believe. 😁

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47qn1z2afvnm1nukxdlh

• Haha! 12

Supersonic
32 minutes ago, JanM said:

I hope they lug a huge battery around, something like a big powerbank.  If it is a fossil fuel powered generator that is providing the juice, I will knn if one of these shows up at a carpark near my place and runs the generator for half an hour.  But whichever way, it negates the energy efficiency which EV is supposed to have.

maybe  a power generator ? 

• Haha! 1

Must say is quite innovative idea as a startup. But i foresee this will be really be shortlived as the charging stations numbers proliferate. 

How much is the service (to be profitable to run this service 24-7) is a big question mark. 

Tow truck only cost about $100 for a flat bed. I can call up a towtruck to tow my flat EV back to my MSCP/condo/landed. Leave my EV for charging and continue on my way via grab/taxi that will minimize disturbance to my day's plan. 

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

Singapore how big? If can drive an EV until no power, then any car also can drive until no fuel.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 5

Supersonic
23 minutes ago, Vid said:

Singapore how big? If can drive an EV until no power, then any car also can drive until no fuel.

Combustion engine cars may stall and will need tow trucks,  since EV car will not stall like a CE car, then mobile charging will act as tow truck service to prpvide emergency charging service😄😄

2 hours ago, JanM said:

this is for emergencies when your car is out of batt. who gives a f**k about energy efficiency at that point in time?

you mean call tow truck, you will ask them how many miles they can run per litre?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

This is so call Enviroment Friendly Car.?Is this a Diesel Van.?

Vivaro got diesel and electric.

I hope they are using the electric one.

:D

Run out of juice he can power up himself.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

Anyway Until now..as i said before..Electric Cars are for those with Landed Houses or Landed Factories...if Owner have either this..to charge up the Car's Battery..i don't think it will go complete flat...but this cannot be the same staying in HDB.

Turbocharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

Maybe they come with a van load of electric eels..  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

They probably use a diesal power generator, just pour diesal into the tank, crank and voila, there is electricity. 

Edited by Ingenius
  • Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

They probably use a diesal power generator, just pour diesal into the tank, crank and voila, there is electricity. 

Our next pasar malam must have a dedicated EV parking next time.

IMG-20180209-WA0114-1068x601.jpg&f=1&nof

↡ Advertisement