2023 Polestar 3

Carbon82

Polestar 3 SUV design revealed in these official teaser. While it look quite sleek and clean, I can foresee headroom and rear visibility will be severely compromised. 

polestar-3-teaser.webp

polestar-3-teaser-image.jpg

CGIs based on spy shots captured, 

Polestar%203%20electric%20SUV%202022%20e

Polestar's first electric SUV is scheduled to debut in October this year. There’s a new teaser image previewing that vehicle and it is already shaping up as a very serious contender in the rapidly growing electric SUV segment. This is our first official look at the new high-riding electric vehicle with no camouflage.

Polestar sees huge potential in this segment, which is currently one of the highest margin and fastest-growing segments in the automotive industry. The Polestar 3 will be manufactured in the United States and China with the first examples planned to hit the assembly lines early next year. Customers will be able to put an order right after its premiere in October.

Polestar says the model will rely on a dual-motor electric system powered by a large battery for a targeted range between two charges of over 372 miles (600 kilometers). Bear in mind that these figures are based on Europe’s generally more generous WLTP testing cycle.

“Polestar 3 is the SUV for the electric age,” Thomas Ingenlath, Polestar CEO, comments. “Our design identity evolves with this high-end large luxury EV, with a strong, individual brand character. With this car, we bring the ‘sport’ back to the SUV, staying true to our performance roots.”

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13

(edited)

This is not gonna be cheap.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1134454_polestar-developing-electric-motors-batteries-electrical-architecture

l-to-r-polestar-5-polestar-4-and-polesta

L to R : Polestar 5, Polestar 4, Polestar 3

Polestar's goal is exponential growth with the introduction of the Polestar 3, Polestar 4, and Polestar 5. The automaker's target is the Porsche Cayenne with the Polestar 3, which it has already said will be a performance-focused EV. The Polestar 4 is aiming for the Porsche Macan. And the Polestar 5 will be putting a bullseye on the Porsche Panamera and Taycan.

volvo_100819650_h.jpg

Polestar's UK team is currently developing a new in-house designed battery pack with Volvo and Lotus (the latter two will have access to the pack) with a new 800-volt electrical architecture. The new design will incorporate simplified compatibility with 400V fast-charging as well.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 5

1 hour ago, Lethalstrike said:

image.png.8ba0c54420d104d2f4ab3238b831db8f.png

Wah front mounted top spoiler 

Need more down force at the front means back half is much heavier...sekali flip like powerboat when full throttle...😁

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
12 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Polestar 3 SUV design revealed in these official teaser. While it look quite sleek and clean, I can foresee headroom and rear visibility will be severely compromised. 

polestar-3-teaser.webp

polestar-3-teaser-image.jpg

CGIs based on spy shots captured, 

Polestar's first electric SUV is scheduled to debut in October this year. There’s a new teaser image previewing that vehicle and it is already shaping up as a very serious contender in the rapidly growing electric SUV segment. This is our first official look at the new high-riding electric vehicle with no camouflage.

Polestar sees huge potential in this segment, which is currently one of the highest margin and fastest-growing segments in the automotive industry. The Polestar 3 will be manufactured in the United States and China with the first examples planned to hit the assembly lines early next year. Customers will be able to put an order right after its premiere in October.

Polestar says the model will rely on a dual-motor electric system powered by a large battery for a targeted range between two charges of over 372 miles (600 kilometers). Bear in mind that these figures are based on Europe’s generally more generous WLTP testing cycle.

“Polestar 3 is the SUV for the electric age,” Thomas Ingenlath, Polestar CEO, comments. “Our design identity evolves with this high-end large luxury EV, with a strong, individual brand character. With this car, we bring the ‘sport’ back to the SUV, staying true to our performance roots.”

I think its interior about the size of a Volvo XC40.
Hope its real world full range can reach at least 500km though.

9 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

I think its interior about the size of a Volvo XC40.
Hope its real world full range can reach at least 500km though.

Unlikely to be XC40 size or price. Read that Polestar 3 is meant to target Cayenne, iX, EQE etc. 

So its bigger and much more expensive ! 😁

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Unlikely to be XC40 size or price. Read that Polestar 3 is meant to target Cayenne, iX, EQE etc. 

So its bigger and much more expensive ! 😁

Oh yes!  From the post by @Watwheels Polestar is now positioning its vehicle line-up against Porsche. But if it is going to price its vehicles at Porsche levels I think that will be a hard-sell though...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

RWD: $2k.

AWD: $4.2k

I am done with paying through my nose for road tax that seem to be a frankenstein of a monster over the years with piecemeal alterations to tackle the technological advances

- hybrid road tax structure calculation

- now the EV road tax structure calculation

and with each iteration. the scholars keep using carbon tax as a reasoning but in actual fact they are just trying to claw back the petrol duties lost.

If carbon tax is the actual reason behind the EV road tax structure, then if I am only paying 1.2K for my 2L ICE car, does it mean I am polluting the environment less than a 2K road tax Polestar 3

• Praise 7

4 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

I am done with paying through my nose for road tax that seem to be a frankenstein of a monster over the years with piecemeal alterations to tackle the technological advances

and with each iteration. the scholars keep using carbon tax as a reasoning but in actual fact they are just trying to claw back the petrol duties lost.

If carbon tax is the actual reason behind the EV road tax structure, then if I am only paying 1.2K for my 2L ICE car, does it mean I am polluting the environment less than a 2K road tax Polestar 3

It's ridiculous. The AFC (Additional Flat Component) on top of the road tax for EVs is already an in-your face slap that the government wants to claw back lost petrol excise duties. 

• Praise 4
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

2L from A45/CLA45 also pays the same amount.

Is it less polluting than Polestar?

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

2L from A45/CLA45 also pays the same amount.

Is it less polluting than Polestar?

and they most likely take up even less space on the road than a full fledged SUV like the Polestar 3

1 minute ago, Vratenza said:

and they most likely take up even less space on the road than a full fledged SUV like the Polestar 3

Currently, road tax btw ICE and EV is not aligned.

Don't talk about it so much.  Otherwise, it might be aligned sooner rather than later.

• Praise 1

Tell me about it. Nissan just launch a 64 horsepower (47KW) Kei car EV recently, and the annual road tax (including $700 AFC) is a whopping $1191, similar to that of a 2L petrol driven large size Sedan/SUV/MPV or powerful sport model such as A45s and CLA45s AMG (with 416 horsepower)!

In comparison, annual road tax for petrol driven Kei car is just $326. So it is worth paying extra $865 per year to go green?!!

Buyer of such EV must be either hardcore environmentalist or insane... 

• Praise 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Carbon82 said:

Tell me about it. Nissan just launch a 64 horsepower (47KW) Kei car EV recently, and the annual road tax (including $700 AFC) is a whopping $1191, similar to that of a 2L petrol driven large size Sedan/SUV/MPV or powerful sport model such as A45s and CLA45s AMG (416 horsepower)!

In comparison, annual road tax for petrol driven Kei car is just $326. So it is worth paying extra $865 per year to go green?!!

Buyer of such EV must be either hardcore environmentalist or insane... 

Talk some more.  Wait LTA align both road tax then you know.

😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 3