Public parking in private estate grumbles!

Chrispie

very mean owner place boulder there to get drivers who do 3pt turn on the very narrow road outside house

someone left a heavyweight signage post standing at a parking lot at the stadium and I reversed into it!

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Actually, the purpose of the stone is to prevent stone drivers who reverse into his gate, spoilt the gate and drive away. It’s very troublesome for owner to keep shifting the stone. .

i think the owner doesn't own a car, that's y use heavy boulder; unless the occupant is bodybuilder, likes the workout

very mean owner place boulder there to get drivers who do 3pt turn on the very narrow road outside house

he has his reasons...

Supercharged

he has his reasons...

of coz; even Hitler has his reasons, doesn't mean it's right/considerate

Edited by Eyke
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Actually, the purpose of the stone is to prevent stone drivers who reverse into his gate, spoilt the gate and drive away. Itâs very troublesome for owner to keep shifting the stone. .

Putting a stone tells of the character of the house owner, stone brain and stone heart. Hurt other peopleâs car and make oneself tedious by shifting heavy stone, haha, how stone is this owner.

Instead of criticising, let me help give solutions. I think put a rubber cone or standing flag used in driving school is friendlier to all road users and much lighter for house owner to shift it.

Can also use those green rubbish bin with wheels issued to every house.

Supercharged

I can understand from the house owner perspective

imagine replacing damaged gate a few times in a year

Wow I am very surprised this owner used this method lol

Actually, what he need to do is to install CCTV. 

If ever anyone reserve and hit the gate, he can sue the guy and not only get a new gate, but a full front do up for FREE. Leave the work to the lawyers.

u watching too much TV. Takes 10 months to get legal things into a paper work situation.

Time more important then suing.

Financial gain vs inconvenience.

Putting a stone on your own property is not illegal nor criminal.

Putting a stone "leave no stone unturn" Blur as sotong will learn their own lesson.

From that angle. I see more positive gains than negative. I too will put a stone. CnG Cheap n Good.

Edited by Sdf4786k

park but don't move or move their bins not too far? 😅

but isn't 15K a bit much? must be sent back to AD...

Elderly woman fined for scratching Audi vehicle with house key, costing owner S$15,000

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ang-guat-beng-elderly-woman-fined-scratching-audi-a4-house-key-13108700

Edited by Eyke
  • Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Eyke said:

Elderly woman fined for scratching Audi vehicle with house key, costing owner S$15,000

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ang-guat-beng-elderly-woman-fined-scratching-audi-a4-house-key-13108700

at least this one had money to pay. wonder why this case was charged in court vs @Adrianli cases where no fines were imposed? i would think the victim is someone somewhat important.

• Shocked 1

32 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

at least this one had money to pay. wonder why this case was charged in court vs @Adrianli cases where no fines were imposed? i would think the victim is someone somewhat important.

not sure what's @Adrianli case but maybe coz this case got high $15K claim and got report police?

4 hours ago, Eyke said:

I recall a forumer, @Adrianli failed to have the person who scratched his car prosecuted even with in car cam. What makes this case so special? 

Or was it because the person in Adrian's case was a bankrupt?

The Audi agent, Premium Automobiles really carry a premium in their repair.

A respray of the doors on both sides, plus car rental for a week, would cost no more than $5K, with lots of change to spare. 

Edited by Vinceng

Internal Moderator

LTA-Officers-Allegedly-Disallow-Parking-

Source: https://mustsharenews.com/parking-landed-estate-road/

Landed Estate Road Parking Not Allowed Due To Single Continuous White Line In The Centre

Now that more Singaporeans are going out, finding a parking space might be difficult.

However, for some residents living in a landed property estate in Sembawang, such a problem arises even when they come home.

Officers from the Land Transport Authority (LTA) allegedly fined them for parking along the small road outside their houses, saying it’s not allowed.

landed-estate-parking-4-1.jpg

This led a resident to ask: Where else can they park?

2 officers walk around estate

The incident was recorded in a TikTok video posted on Sunday (5 Jun), capturing the tense scene.

In the video, two officers were seen walking around a residential estate.

landed-estate-parking-1.jpg

A few people – presumably residents – can also be seen standing on the road, looking frustratedly at the officers.

A road sign is briefly seen, identifying the road as Penaga Place — located in a residential estate off Sembawang Road and opposite Sembawang Park.

landed-estate-parking-18-1.jpg

Officers allegedly disallow landed estate road parking

According to the OP, LTA officers had asked the whole neighbourhood to “park somewhere else”.

landed-estate-parking-11.jpg

He also included screenshots of messages to him, saying that their cars were getting fined.

landed-estate-parking-16.jpg

Apparently, the reason is that parking isn’t allowed on “the whole row”.

landed-estate-parking-17.jpg

From the video, we can see a single continuous line running down the centre of all the roads in the area.

landed-estate-parking-3.jpg

The road marking means no parking is allowed on either side of the road at all times, according to rules stated on the LTA website.

Resident asks where they can park

However, the OP said his neighbourhood wasn’t happy to hear this.

He asked rhetorically where residents are supposed to park, if not on the road outside their houses.

Judging from his hand gesture, a man in the video seemed to be asking the same thing while talking to one of the officers.

certis-cisco.jpg

In the comments, the OP also clarified that only one car can fit inside the compounds of the houses in the estate, and he already parks one of his cars inside.

landed-estate-parking-10.jpg

Most of the residents in the area own at least three cars, he added.

In fact, some of them don’t even park their cars in their own houses, he claimed.

Most netizens unsympathetic

Most netizens who commented on the video weren’t sympathetic, though.

Many suggested that the residents should simply park their cars inside their compound, and if there’s no space, they should’ve taken that into consideration when buying more than one car.

landed-estate-parking-6.jpg

Some also dismissed their parking woes as “rich people problems”.

landed-estate-parking-9.jpg

They also felt that it wasn’t the officers’ fault as they were doing their job.

landed-estate-parking-14.jpg

One netizen who faced the issue advised them to find a place to park farther away and walk home.

landed-estate-parking-12.jpg

However, a commenter who empathised with the residents agreed that there was no such place to park.

landed-estate-parking-5.jpg

The lack of sympathy for his plight prompted the OP to lament the “hate and anger” shown by netizens.

landed-estate-parking-7-1.jpg

Landed estate road parking is tricky

In land-scarce Singapore, it’s a fact that some landed property dwellers have limited parking space in their compound and non-existent parking outside.

Thus, following LTA rules strictly may be impossible if they have more than one car, and parking far away defeats the purpose of having a car.

However, rules are there for a reason and must be followed unless they’re changed.

Unfortunately, most Singaporeans won’t be able to empathise with the problem, considering they live in flats and may not have three cars per household.

Do you think the residents in this estate should be allowed to park on the road? Do share your thoughts with us.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

Internal Moderator

Hmmmm. I don't stay in landed, but I do know that there is an unspoken rule of parking the car outside the road one. As long as it didn't obstruct the traffic, it is fine one.

(don't see single or double white line and you park also lah.)

6 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Hmmmm. I don't stay in landed, but I do know that there is an unspoken rule of parking the car outside the road one. As long as it didn't obstruct the traffic, it is fine one.

cannot be unspoken one, time to tell some highly paid person to do his/her job to tell LTA to remove the damn line....

Hypersonic
9 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

but its continous white line ...... anyways somebody must have complained ; Normally enforcement happens when someone has complained or having difficulty navigating the road or some unhappy neighbour with only one or no car comprain     

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8