Public parking in private estate grumbles!

Chrispie

I will say live and let live for private house owner.  Cos the corridors outside our HDB are also public places but we put our plants there and so on and it is unspoken rule that if you are not the owner of the flat, you don't place your stuff along the corridor there.

Something like pot don't call the kettle black.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
15 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

If it is common for each landed property to have 2 or more cars, the should make it mandatory for the property to have space to park 2 or more cars lah.. 

You know land problem la. You see even those HDB car park, they also cannot build lots to cater to every household. So if every unit in that HDB cluster also own a car, dont think there is enough lot also. Lol.

• Praise 2

(edited)
6 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Some Terrace Houses only have 1,800 to 2,200 Sq Ft of Land,building a Garage for 2 Cars means the House Built Up itself will be vey small...

yes and most inter terrace houses have less that 1800sft of land, actually.

a small terrace would be anything from 1200 to 1600 land

a medium would hv 1600 to 2000 sft

and a “big” one from 2000sft up.

a corner terrace would usually have 2200 to 2500, and these are considered big terraces.

of course above is generalizing, there are outliers in both spectrum.

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

14 yrs ago, and LTA hasn't move on with the times? 

Chenghu was actually considering the area as a buffer zone after 9/11 coz very near Sembawang Shipyard and the facilities within it.

Supercharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

I will say live and let live for private house owner.  Cos the corridors outside our HDB are also public places but we put our plants there and so on and it is unspoken rule that if you are not the owner of the flat, you don't place your stuff along the corridor there.

There's a limit on what is reasonable.. putting a few potted plants outside house is one thing, but there are hdb ground floor units that literally built their own garden with fruit trees, swings and garden furnitures.. that I think is too much..

Likewise if someone decides to park his motorcycle outside his hdb house door I would think LTA should fine him..

Edited by Tkseah
  • Shocked 1

5 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

@Datsun366 Same as the place i stayed at Tay Lian Teck Rd..off Upp East Coast Rd..there is a famous Italian Enta Resturant...Their Customers always parked illegally..on the Single White Line...causing Cars cannot turn in...CISCO very on..there is 1 time..1 Idiot even parked in front of my House...i go over & scolded the Car Owner.

no put a very heavy flower pot on top to deco it?

2 hours ago, Tkseah said:

If it is common for each landed property to have 2 or more cars, the should make it mandatory for the property to have space to park 2 or more cars lah.. 

Have the space but don't park the cars inside still back to square 1...

• Praise 2

Twincharged
1 minute ago, Volvobrick said:

no put a very heavy flower pot on top to deco it?

Next time i release 4 Tyres Air.🤣

Twincharged
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

i would spend 50 dollars to tow it far far away...

It is illegal to do it...wear Glove release Air...no proof..i did it...thinking back about that incident...what make me more angry is the Driver still ask me where should He park his Car..i told him not my Problem.

Screenshot_20220609-160505_OneService.jpg

Edited by ER-3682
  • Haha! 4

@kobayashiGTI stay in hdb but I think these landed owners must first ask themselves, if they only have one parking space then why did they go and buy 3 cars lor.

if you buy a unit at The Sail in Marina South not all unit owners can get a parking lot so how? same issue. 

know where you can park before getting more than you can chew mah!

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
1 minute ago, EasyGoing said:

@kobayashiGTI stay in hdb but I think these landed owners must first ask themselves, if they only have one parking space then why did they go and buy 3 cars lor.

if you buy a unit at The Sail in Marina South not all unit owners can get a parking lot so how? same issue. 

know where you can park before getting more than you can chew mah!

1 Family House could stayed 3 Persons...3 Persons worked difference Places..so need 3 Cars.

3 hours ago, Philipkee said:

If like that, maybe I discontinue my season MSCP parking and park along the HDB driveways instead 😁

• Haha! 8

45 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

1 Family House could stayed 3 Persons...3 Persons worked difference Places..so need 3 Cars.

Much cheaper than living in 3 HDBee..... Each month saves 300 plus. 

三巴旺私宅区违例停车惹议 居民:访客没留电话小事闹大

上个星期天(5日)下午,苏先生的隔壁邻居办喜事,不少马来西亚的访客登门道贺,把车辆停在路边,甚至是其他邻居的家门口。

苏先生猜测,是因为这些访客的车辆没有留下联络方式才会产生误会。

28岁的王先生事发时也在场,他收到罚单后与稽查人员交涉。据他了解,没有人在当天支付了罚金。

他早前也曾因为在住家附近违例停车被开罚单,但从来没有为此付款,也从没听说有任何邻居因此被罚。

https://www.8world.com/singapore/sembawang-landed-property-curbside-parking-1829996

wah, can dont pay fine one ... :XD:

• Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1