Low Resale Value? Let Dive into New Car Pricing and Sales Strategies

Carbon82

Hope this thread can get better exposure by going into the mainstream media.
This cheap practice are orchestrated by the ah bengs and ah lians of the motor industry in singapore.
Alan yeo of cnc n jaguar wearnes registering car as management unit etc r just one of the example of the many tricks.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)
5 hours ago, Arogab said:

My boss also tell me like this, now my neck long long

it depends, if you are on a highly leverage plan, your pocket will be hit hard if you miss you plan too much. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
11 hours ago, Saint888 said:

Hope this thread can get better exposure by going into the mainstream media.
This cheap practice are orchestrated by the ah bengs and ah lians of the motor industry in singapore.
Alan yeo of cnc n jaguar wearnes registering car as management unit etc r just one of the example of the many tricks.

Willing buyer, willing seller. Nothing illegal

On the other hand, odo tampering is cheating n an open secret in Sg. Even became a court case. Yet nothing is done by the authorities. So.......

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Soya said:

Willing buyer, willing seller. Nothing illegal

On the other hand, odo tampering is cheating n an open secret in Sg. Even became a court case. Yet nothing is done by the authorities. So.......

The problem is no one from the Industry is willing to say so under oath.

It is as good as it does not EXIST.

Turbocharged
17 hours ago, Etnt said:

U dun play play. Later become service his mil

If I take care of his MIL, then you know what he will call me liao🤣

16 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I think you got typo.

You mean your pockets long long lah.

Tai tais no problem. My business booming now got too many.

:D

Tai tais must accept me I go. Haha

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

it depends, if you are on a highly leverage plan, your pocket will be hit hard if you miss you plan too much. 

Bosses only take, give little. That is why they are bosses. People like me only give and take little. That is why I worker.😂

Miss or no miss, plan or no plan. Just work. Haha

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Arogab said:

Bosses only take, give little. That is why they are bosses. People like me only give and take little. That is why I worker.😂

Miss or no miss, plan or no plan. Just work. Haha

mai hiam already, you take SGD salary and spend baht in BKK, good food and got yst. ekhammmmm...... and have a job, cannnot complain anymore, it is a blessing, just work. Meeting or exceeding plan is a bonus. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

good thread. first time someone post it in the open. if not for this thread i also wont know.

explains many strange things i noticed since i started car shopping. i see a used car listing on sgcarmart, 9 year 11 months COE, low mileage < 100km. AD warranty and free servicing. i was cracking my head why a brand new AD unit will end up with a used car seller.

if AD want to be so stubborn on price to protect customers as they call it then i rather wait for my desired spec to be listed with a used car seller. i see a brand new 3 series selling for $50k cheaper and the best i got was a "generous" $30k overtrade. this is only sticker price, before i challenge 1v1 the ah beng salesman to a bargain fight. makes me think how much AD sold it to the ah beng.

• Haha! 2

10 hours ago, bobbyhill said:

good thread. first time someone post it in the open. if not for this thread i also wont know.

explains many strange things i noticed since i started car shopping. i see a used car listing on sgcarmart, 9 year 11 months COE, low mileage < 100km. AD warranty and free servicing. i was cracking my head why a brand new AD unit will end up with a used car seller.

if AD want to be so stubborn on price to protect customers as they call it then i rather wait for my desired spec to be listed with a used car seller. i see a brand new 3 series selling for $50k cheaper and the best i got was a "generous" $30k overtrade. this is only sticker price, before i challenge 1v1 the ah beng salesman to a bargain fight. makes me think how much AD sold it to the ah beng.

If you really get the brand new used 318 from used car dealer at a "huge" discount, that's signify that PML have succeeded.

Please be mindful that you will become the 2nd owner of this brand new ride and when you want to sell it later, the resale value will be poorer (at least another few thousands $$$ lower) than say another similar one with just 1 owner. Hard truth. 

• Praise 7

@Carbon82  AD succeeded is it because they managed to get the car off their books?

how much less will the resale value be if im the second owner as compared with a $50k discount??

On 6/14/2022 at 9:23 PM, Ct3833 said:

PML can give good trade in balue as long as one is ready to buy another new car from them.  Trade in value will go higher if one is going to buy a higher end car, because their margin is very high.

Yup; you buy from them, the discount/"over-trade"/etc will be factored into the trade in price.

As for higher end car will get more trade-in value, I beg to differ. The discount/"over-trade"/etc for niche model (e.g. 8-series vs 7-series; X6 vs X5; higher end EVs iX; etc) is a lot lesser. In fact, one is more likely to get better discount/"over-trade"/etc for their B&B models.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
19 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

mai hiam already, you take SGD salary and spend baht in BKK, good food and got yst. ekhammmmm...... and have a job, cannnot complain anymore, it is a blessing, just work. Meeting or exceeding plan is a bonus. 

Aiyah, can complain then won't die lah. Let life be it. My last 2 bosses never value me, after I left, they start to do worse. At least this Ah Neh know how to pet my back and head and sell koyok. Just that the durian haven't drop down only. Haha, hopefully very soon:yuush:

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Arogab said:

Aiyah, can complain then won't die lah. Let life be it. My last 2 bosses never value me, after I left, they start to do worse. At least this Ah Neh know how to pet my back and head and sell koyok. Just that the durian haven't drop down only. Haha, hopefully very soon:yuush:

wishing you to have abundance of MSW coming your way. 

• Haha! 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, Wolfverine said:

Yup; you buy from them, the discount/"over-trade"/etc will be factored into the trade in price.

As for higher end car will get more trade-in value, I beg to differ. The discount/"over-trade"/etc for niche model (e.g. 8-series vs 7-series; X6 vs X5; higher end EVs iX; etc) is a lot lesser. In fact, one is more likely to get better discount/"over-trade"/etc for their B&B models.

you are right too. And I never bought one from BMW lah, my cars all the while have always been BBB(Below Bread and Butter) car, never BMW before.😅

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
16 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

wishing you to have abundance of MSW coming your way. 

Yeah, my favorite MSW. Just hope the neck don't get too long. Haha

(edited)

Really not a coincidence that these 1 owner cars with less than 100km happened to be BMWs.

I'm thinking if it could be that PML trying to hit the new registrations targets set by BMW Asia by pre-registering new cars, even before they found any actual buyers. Of course by pre-registering would mean 1 owner count, and for obvious reasons PML can't sell these cars as pre-owned in their own premises. The next logical thing to do is to dump them to used car dealers who are collaborating with PML. 

image.thumb.png.c4ee8242c09980a60ed87d25d797ef09.png

image.thumb.png.1ee8873cb3c27e65c17a3c9979229af7.png

image.thumb.png.bcccd0bff27405fbb4dacebecb7e8ed0.png

image.thumb.png.36daab7613ad493141284082463e4d29.png

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 6

Its funny how many people think the list prices of AD are the selling price. Even for walk in, there's OT, discount etc. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2