Taboos and a little story to share

BabyBlade

3 minutes ago, Scion said:

i'm a more science person...

i believe if a person dunno any history of the used items, he will not have any issues or worries, consciously or subconsciously, using them

only when u know the item's history that your mind start to play tricks and try to link unfortunate things together to make u believe in something bad

it depends on your belief system mostly. 

I discussed with my friends before, would u buy a unit number #04-04? 😄

Which was one of the options i had when choosing which unit to get in my estate.

I didn't want to consider cos it maybe an issue on resale in future. Though I'm perfectly fine with the allotted number of multiple 4s in my wife's carplate number.

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

haha house also belonging mah.

I think someone who died in a RTA, keeping the helmet and passing it on is definitely a no no. Not even sure why someone would do that. 

I also cannot figure out why they gave an accident helmet away. Put aside the pantang part, helmet crashed before, why would you give it to another rider?

• Praise 10

Supersonic
28 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Resale flat i totally ok.

But lets say that flat got a history of previous owner commit suicide inside. Will u still got ahead ?

Personally i wont even if the price is very good etc etc.

Another example. Last time jurong there got some 1 jump from a flat. I will avoid that area where she landed ( ok maybe i very pang tang...)

Suicide or died in the house due to illness, usually you might not know. Unless those big case, maybe you can check. But if the incident happened too long ago, you migt not even able to check, esp if the flat is an old flat or have many many owners. Like my parents house blk, in the 80s happened some murder, even though the murderer already caught, but if google the blk number and place, cannot find any news on that. Maybe happened too long ago liao.

And for people jump down from a blk, such thing i think too many liao until you might also dont know. So even know, life also continue to goes on, cannot avoid much lo. So dont think too much can liao. My place opposite blk also got someone jump down, and that area is where residents must walk past everyday to get to the bus-stop, also like that, cannot avoid. 😅

• Praise 1

Supersonic
24 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

it depends on your belief system mostly. 

I discussed with my friends before, would u buy a unit number #04-04? 😄

Which was one of the options i had when choosing which unit to get in my estate.

I didn't want to consider cos it maybe an issue on resale in future. Though I'm perfectly fine with the allotted number of multiple 4s in my wife's carplate number.

For number 4, if in multiple of 4s, maybe can look past patang part and the number might looks not bad. Example 4444. Lol. But if only have one 4 in the combination, maybe some people dont like. Like my friend, dont like car plate starts with 4 or have 4 in it.

Supersonic
34 minutes ago, Scion said:

i'm a more science person...

i believe if a person dunno any history of the used items, he will not have any issues or worries, consciously or subconsciously, using them

only when u know the item's history that your mind start to play tricks and try to link unfortunate things together to make u believe in something bad

Quite true. Like people always say, ignorance is bliss. If you do not know anything, your mind would not play trick on you. But if you scare yourself, even nothing also become something. 😅

• Haha! 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

I also cannot figure out why they give an accident helmet away. Put aside the pantang part, helmet crashed before, why would you give it to another rider?

Dunno. My first instinct would be to doubt the intelligence of the person who gave it away... (cos the person receiving it may or may not be aware).

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

For number 4, if in multiple of 4s, maybe can look past patang part and the number might looks not bad. Example 4444. Lol. But if only have one 4 in the combination, maybe some people dont like. Like my friend, dont like car plate starts with 4 or have 4 in it.

my wife one is 4x4x.

the Komoco SE said she was worried i would be pissed. Lol.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator

Yeap, non-PSB approved. But to most motorcyclists in Singapore, PSB is really quite the sham and maybe just a money-making policy 😆. There are full-face Arais, Shoeis, AGVs with Snell and Dot rating, well-recognised worldwide but non-PSB approved because local retailers never send it for batch destructive testing, which is an added cost for them. So in the eyes of the law, these full-face helmets whilst universally recognised, are not approved for use on local roads vs cock-looking half-face helmets with PSB-approved ratings. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
13 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

my wife one is 4x4x.

the Komoco SE said she was worried i would be pissed. Lol.

You patang on number 4 de? Thats why the SE worry you would be pissed? Lol. Anyway, if the SE worry about 4, they can delay the registration until the 5 series come out lo, at least the car plate would not start with 4.

me pantang too 

that's why I never buy used car cos dealer will never tell the truth but anyway they might not know also 

happy with my BnB car don't need to show off with pre-owned conti or supercar 

my 2ml worth of ron 92 

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Like that also cannot buy 2nd hand clothing? But if people really patang on such thing, how come people can accept to buy a 2nd hand car and resale flat le?

I think one can never be sure of the origins when buying secondhand so the onus should be on the seller when it comes to selling or donating personal items of a deceased. Donating clothes that a deceased person once used to wear when he or she was living/alive vs donating the actual clothes the person was wearing when he or she passed on, that's really quite different right? I know for sure, there are people who will not accept both.

Buying a property, the buyer can do some background checks but personal belongings, no one will ever know except for the seller.

• Praise 4

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You patang on number 4 de? Thats why the SE worry you would be pissed? Lol. Anyway, if the SE worry about 4, they can delay the registration until the 5 series come out lo, at least the car plate would not start with 4.

my friend paid 20k for his 4 licence plate 🙈🙉🙊

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

my friend paid 20k for his 4 licence plate 🙈🙉🙊

Single digit 4 sure need to pay high price for it la. 4 can view as 喜. Can be a huat number also.

Same like some people see 3 as 生, but some people see it as 散 which is no good.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Single digit 4 sure need to pay high price for it la. 4 can view as 喜. Can be a huat number also.

Same like some people see 3 as 生, but some people see it as 散 which is no good.

All his cars all Death one but he insisted is Happiness 🤣🤣🤣

but anyway he is damn rich cos all super cars 🤫🤫🤫

rich is Happiness 

poor is Death 

🤐🤐🤐

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

I think one can never be sure of the origins when buying secondhand so the onus should be on the seller when it comes to selling or donating personal items of a deceased. Donating clothes that a deceased person once used to wear when he or she was living/alive vs donating the actual clothes the person was wearing when he or she passed on, that's really quite different right? I know for sure, there are people who will not accept both.

Buying a property, the buyer can do some background checks but personal belongings, no one will ever know except for the seller.

when my dad passed away 

only donated all his untouched brand new items 

used all throw away 🙏🙏🙏

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Yalor .... 

Especially the number "9413" aka in Cantonese : "9 will die and only 1 will live" ..... :lll._.:

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
3 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Yalor .... 

Especially the number "9413" aka in Cantonese : "9 will die and only 1 will live" ..... :lll._.:

This reminds me of the M4. What was the plate again?