Taboos and a little story to share

BabyBlade

Supersonic
20 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

You very lucky to see one on the road.  

80% of new car owners will scraped that number with a fee payable to LTA to exchange for another number. 

Another way is buy a going to scrap car and pay the transfer fee to LTA for exchange.  

I also got see this number on the road before. Lol. I remember the car plate is on an old car.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I think Adrian Lim flat has changed many owners liao. But hearsay most owners who bought their flat is not locals. I think locals who are aware of this incidence still would not buy the flat. Unless the person dont know. If you read from some website on those flats which happened gruesome death before, think those who is aware of the news, still would not buy it.

The owner who bought the flat was interviewed by the press and he said that he was fully aware of the history but he did not mind. I don't know whether he was a local or not.  I am not aware of any further change of ownership.

Turbocharged
36 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

My wife's ex colleague also bidded 4444 for all the family cars. They are doing very well, living in a self built detached house with lift.

Collectively 4444 is not ill-omened because when derived into a single digit it is auspicious. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Fitvip said:

The owner who bought the flat was interviewed by the press and he said that he was fully aware of the history but he did not mind. I don't know whether he was a local or not.  I am not aware of any further change of ownership.

I read the news on this flat before, it seems like the flat got rented out before. Cause they interviewed the tenants staying there on the history of the house, they said they dont know the history but also did not feel anything spooky while staying there.

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

In this particular case, it is strange that the helmet had 'sent' two lives off and yet it remains intact.😱

Really quite strange. I checked the whole helmet and no visible cracks, except one side of the helmet some minor scratches which could be from a drop. No head impact or anything you would come to associate with a crash, especially two fatal crashes. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Another thing I do is knock on hotel doors before I enter for the first time. I'm also a free thinker but I prefer to respect the unknown.

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, BabyBlade said:

Really quite strange. I checked the whole helmet and no visible cracks, except one side of the helmet some minor scratches which could be from a drop. No head impact or anything you would come to associate with a crash, especially two fatal crashes. 

That means there is no issue with the quality of the helmet although it wasn't PSB approved. They could have died of injuries other than from the head.

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

That means there is no issue with the quality of the helmet although it wasn't PSB approved. They could have died of injuries other than from the head.

No. The helmet is the no protection kind. I don't have a picture of it but I'll grab one from the Internet later. The only conclusion I can draw from this is that there were no direct head impacts from both accidents. If not this helmet would crack open like a watermelon dropped from height or skid marks. Trust me. I agree on the other injuries part but not the quality of the helmet. The helmet is useless. 

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
9 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Is it those non PSB approved helmets?  Cos I see some bikers wear some helmets that are obviously not safe.

Taboo or pantang or whatever imo dead ppl possessions should go with the dead? Dont recycle. 

non-PSB doesn't necessarily mean not safe. My full face is not PSB approved but i trust it more than the cheap PSB ones available locally. 

those budget PSB ones are maybe just marginally better than the ones u can find in the big supermarkets in the neighboring countries. Probably ok for casual go-kart but not  high speed activities.

ironically, the high-end helmets may not be PSB-approved although it has SNELL, DOT, EC-cert as it costs too much to send samples to PSB for testing.

This PSB helmet issue is the same concept as LTA certification for approved exhaust - it doesn't mean sh*t

• Praise 3

8 hours ago, Lala81 said:

it depends on your belief system mostly. 

I discussed with my friends before, would u buy a unit number #04-04? 😄

Which was one of the options i had when choosing which unit to get in my estate.

I didn't want to consider cos it maybe an issue on resale in future. Though I'm perfectly fine with the allotted number of multiple 4s in my wife's carplate number.

My place.... Block number+unit number+postal code number = total of 6x 4s

Even the street name and appartment name has hokkien for 4s

Never a superstitious person ro begin with... 

• Haha! 5

5 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Actually although i am not a motorcylist, I have researched on helmets for cyclist and at same time chance across information related to motorcyclist helmet, the general consensus is that any helmet that had undergone an accident should not be reused due to the potential weakening of the helmet that may not have been visually obvious. 

This link says it better than anything I can put together:

https://www.motorcyclegear101.com/how-to/can-you-use-a-motorcycle-helmet-after-a-crash/

Even if the helmet did not undergo any crash, there is a recommended lifespan for helmets of every 5 yrs due to degradation of materials used. 

https://www.headsdontbounce.com/motorcycle-helmets/do-motorcycle-helmets-expire/

• Praise 7

Turbocharged

I am a free thinker and considered myself a non-superstitious person, but I will not touch or receive anything with unknown background. I have experienced some incidents which cannot be explained by science, so I choose to respect the unknown.

And agree that items belonging to the deceased should goes with him/her, instead of putting it up for sales. Pardon my choice of language, it is unethical to a certain extend. For gifting, unless it is a request from the receiver and that he/she is fully aware of the background, I will choose not to pass it to another person as long as the item has been used. Brand new item such as shirt, pant, shoes (must still be in proper packaging), I will donate them to charity organization so as not to waste it.

• Praise 7

When dead people leave money in their wills to their relatives

I have never heard anyone say

Eee things from a dead person I don't want.

:D

• Haha! 11

13 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Yes,  keep or dispose belongings of any deceased,  I never accept or pass on such items.  

Sell?  That's worst!  <_<

There's a reason it's called Carouhell. Sometimes, it's just more literal than in other cases. 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

The tree was from a long time ago.

Courtesy of turboflatt, resident nerd and teacher. 😉

‐-----------------

What do you see?

All very dead and past.  Self value versus world value.

Our condolences to the mother. 

Internal Moderator
10 hours ago, Vratenza said:

Actually although i am not a motorcylist, I have researched on helmets for cyclist and at same time chance across information related to motorcyclist helmet, the general consensus is that any helmet that had undergone an accident should not be reused due to the potential weakening of the helmet that may not have been visually obvious. 

This link says it better than anything I can put together:

https://www.motorcyclegear101.com/how-to/can-you-use-a-motorcycle-helmet-after-a-crash/

Even if the helmet did not undergo any crash, there is a recommended lifespan for helmets of every 5 yrs due to degradation of materials used. 

https://www.headsdontbounce.com/motorcycle-helmets/do-motorcycle-helmets-expire/

Yeap you are absolutely spot on both points.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Datsun366 said:

The tree was from a long time ago.

Courtesy of turboflatt, resident nerd and teacher. 😉

‐-----------------

What do you see?

All very dead and past.  Self value versus world value.

Our condolences to the mother. 

The Epic of Gilgamesh. The very first sci fi fantasy story, superhero story in recorded history.

When Gozer was mentioned in the original Ghostbusters as having been worshipped by the Sumerians, I gave a knowing smirk. 

Gozer ain't got nothing on Gilgamesh. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2