Taboos and a little story to share

BabyBlade

(edited)
52 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

The Epic of Gilgamesh. The very first sci fi fantasy story, superhero story in recorded history.

When Gozer was mentioned in the original Ghostbusters as having been worshipped by the Sumerians, I gave a knowing smirk. 

Gozer ain't got nothing on Gilgamesh. 

🤣

Edited by Datsun366
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, BabyBlade said:

Yeap you are absolutely spot on both points.

1. You just gave that figurative helmet to every reader hear. (intended)

2. How to prepare for bosun navigation lesson? Go ask a sailor...they tell you it is a protected period.

...somebody we know injured in the lorry thing on 11/6. Helmet no helmet. Ergo long chia or more than 5 years must change new chia? ....

Have a nice day everybody. 😘

Sorry to hear about your relative. 

Don't believe in all this unknown mumbo jumbo but the very fact that the helmet was worn in a fatal/non fatal accident as the case may be means that I would throw it in the rubbish bin.

Also half face helmets are ridiculous . Whenever I fell riding a bike ( yes , many times! ) it was my jaw area that whacked the ground first . And my full face helmet took 100 % of the impact.The accidents weren't at wild speeds , only around 100 kph 😅 and none of them were collisions so I'm still here with only a few knee scars to show from them.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, shrjun said:

Sorry to hear about your relative. 

Don't believe in all this unknown mumbo jumbo but the very fact that the helmet was worn in a fatal/non fatal accident as the case may be means that I would throw it in the rubbish bin.

Also half face helmets are ridiculous . Whenever I fell riding a bike ( yes , many times! ) it was my jaw area that whacked the ground first . And my full face helmet took 100 % of the impact.The accidents weren't at wild speeds , only around 100 kph 😅 and none of them were collisions so I'm still here with only a few knee scars to show from them.

my friend lost a few teeth before he graduated from nus.

• Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

Sometimes things will just happen and it may happen for no reasons. There are a lot of combination of things to it that the thing just happen. I am not pan tang  but still I sometimes encounter things you don't expect it to happen. 

Probably some of the things is 躲不掉的

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Occasionally, I do buy things from Carousell.  For example, the classical guitars.  The price difference between new and 2nd hand can be quite be a big difference.

But my mother warned me about buying pre-owned stuffs.

Never, never buy second-hand wheel chair for her.

Reason - We don't know what happened to the last owner, and if he/she is still around in this world. 

Edited by Albeniz
  • Haha! 3

If u dun feel comfortable buying 2nd hand stuff, just dun buy. 

If not, anything bad, weird, unlucky event, it will be blamed on that item(s) bought. 

There was once a story long ago about getting vintage dressing table, chest of drawers and cupboards. Obviously, creepy stories about past owners lingering around their preloved earthly belongings, appearing faintly in the mirrors, a sudden rising of hairs on back of necks or shaking of these. 

The stories usually meet at a common point. Midnight timing. 

Pretty sure there are those cars whose owners use carbon monoxide to die, being sold as well maintained, no accidents, powerful aircon.

Branded used shoes too. The lists go on. 

I believe in the existence of a spirit world so anything is possible. I just dun go find trouble to test cos its none of my business. 😅😂😂😂

Yada-ing. 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

(edited)

Many years ago, there was a fatal accident along Pasir Ris Drive 3, between the mosque and LYP. The car hit a tree on the central road divider and broke into two. 

About one year later, another car hit the same tree, also broke into two. The occupants died. Though I cannot recall which car was with the driver alone and the other was with two occupants. All together, three persons had died on the same spot, same tree. One of them was a groom-to-be.

I visited the scene. There was no big damage to the tree, only a piece of the bark was torn.

So, in two years, two fatal accident with the same tree, three fatalities. Both cars broke into twos.

The tree had been felled recently due to road widening.

Were they coincident?

Edited by Fitvip
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 6/16/2022 at 1:38 PM, Lala81 said:

it depends on your belief system mostly. 

I discussed with my friends before, would u buy a unit number #04-04? 😄

Which was one of the options i had when choosing which unit to get in my estate.

I didn't want to consider cos it maybe an issue on resale in future. Though I'm perfectly fine with the allotted number of multiple 4s in my wife's carplate number.

interestingly enough, (my wife is chinese but not pantang)

our first house was 04-02

her first car was 24

and our current house is 42

and as of today, i have one 4 year old and 2 x 2year old twins

for some reason these 2 numbers always follow us lol.

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

There is superstition and there is science.

In Thailand they like to sell Buddha amulets.

The 2 million dollars one can even stop a bullet is superstition.

The only wooden Buddha that can stop a bullet is the one in the temple.

The 12 feel wide one and 6 feet deep.

This is science.

Won't buy a used watch?

Would they buy a used car or house or condo?

How about hotel?

I happily sleep in a bed many people have slept in before.

Now people die everywhere all the time I might even have slept on a hotel bed where someone has even died.

:D

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

There are no good or bad numbers.

Every number is good for some people and bad for others.

Just depends on their element.

Everyone is either wood which is the fuel for fire or fire the fuel for earth or earth the fuel for metal or metal the fuel for water or water the fuel for wood.

Everyday is lucky for someone but unlucky for others.

It's continuous just like a wave with peaks and troughs.

It's the yin and yang of life.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 6/20/2022 at 1:07 PM, Sp4wn said:

interestingly enough, (my wife is chinese but not pantang)

our first house was 04-02

her first car was 24

and our current house is 42

and as of today, i have one 4 year old and 2 x 2year old twins

for some reason these 2 numbers always follow us lol.

Thank you bro...in advance

toto...toto...toto...😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

9 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

There are no good or bad numbers.

Every number is good for some people and bad for others.

Just depends on their element.

Everyone is either wood which is the fuel for fire or fire the fuel for earth or earth the fuel for metal or metal the fuel for water or water the fuel for wood.

Everyday is lucky for someone but unlucky for others.

It's continuous just like a wave with peaks and troughs.

It's the yin and yang of life.

9 is the magical number...don't believe...?

Flip or rotate it and you get a 6...put both together and magic happens...shiok ah! 😁

• Haha! 6

Supercharged
On 6/16/2022 at 1:38 PM, Lala81 said:

it depends on your belief system mostly. 

I discussed with my friends before, would u buy a unit number #04-04? 😄

Which was one of the options i had when choosing which unit to get in my estate.

I didn't want to consider cos it maybe an issue on resale in future. Though I'm perfectly fine with the allotted number of multiple 4s in my wife's carplate number.

Property agent friend said Hindus like the number 4. Saw one Merc with 2424 number driven by Indian guy two days ago. 

• Praise 1