Next Generation Toyota Crown

Carbon82

Please hold tight to your chair before you scroll down for the images. 

Are you ready? 

Ok, be prepared, OK? 

Sadly, this is how the new Japanese Rojak will look like...

2023-toyota-crown-patent-image.jpg

Patent images obtained by Japanese magazines from the local trademark bureau show a new take on the Crown. It doesn’t seem to be wearing its distinctive badge, but we're being told this high-riding fastback will indeed be sold as a Crown. The somewhat odd shape should be familiar as the Citroën C5 X and China's Ford Evos have a similar body. Going back in time, we're getting hints of the defunct Honda Crosstour.

The car featured here will reportedly go by the name of Crown Cross and should have the following dimensions: 4,930 mm long, 1,840 mm wide, and 1,540 mm tall, with a wheelbase measuring 2,850 mm. That would make it bigger in every dimension compared to the outgoing sedan, but with a slightly shorter wheelbase.

Sources from the Land of the Rising Sun claim Toyota wants to sell the reinvented Crown with a four-cylinder 2.5-liter hybrid engine hooked out to a CVT. There also might be a turbocharged 2.4-liter with an electric motor and a six-speed automatic. It will sit on the TNGA-K platform and come with a choice between front- and all-wheel drive, with a plug-in hybrid option in the works.

The official premiere is allegedly locked in for July 15. And I forgot to add, when I first saw its face, it is >90% like the Civic. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 10

The front looks like a Honda civic with a swollen bumper/lip.

I'm not sure if I've seen any really good looking crown versions so far so maybe this is supposed to keep yo that trend. 

Maybe the final production will be more promising.

• Praise 2

For a moment, I thought it was the previous Civic, when seeing the front and side views. This era really don't expect much excitement from the Japanese. Their impressive design era are simply over. Miss the 90s where their design are clean yet stood out among different makes.

• Praise 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Are you ready? 

Ok, be prepared, OK? 

Patent images obtained by Japanese magazines from the local trademark bureau show a new take on the Crown. It doesn’t seem to be wearing its distinctive badge, but we're being told this high-riding fastback will indeed be sold as a Crown. The somewhat odd shape should be familiar as the Citroën C5 X and China's Ford Evos have a similar body. Going back in time, we're getting hints of the defunct Honda Crosstour.

The car featured here will reportedly go by the name of Crown Cross and should have the following dimensions: 4,930 mm long, 1,840 mm wide, and 1,540 mm tall, with a wheelbase measuring 2,850 mm. That would make it bigger in every dimension compared to the outgoing sedan, but with a slightly shorter wheelbase.

Sources from the Land of the Rising Sun claim Toyota wants to sell the reinvented Crown with a four-cylinder 2.5-liter hybrid engine hooked out to a CVT. There also might be a turbocharged 2.4-liter with an electric motor and a six-speed automatic. It will sit on the TNGA-K platform and come with a choice between front- and all-wheel drive, with a plug-in hybrid option in the works.

The official premiere is allegedly locked in for July 15. And I forgot to add, when I first saw its face, it is >90% like the Civic. 

It's reminiscent of the C5X!

Edited by Brass
Toyota Clown

Toyota Civic.

Imo the Toyota will be coy and wouldnt release the actual design until they want to. This is just a sketch to fool ppl into thinking it is the real thing.

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Are you ready? 

Ok, be prepared, OK? 

heng ah. You like that ask me anticipate I tot it will be like Crown Cross, a SUV version of crown leh. hahahah. 

it doesn't should towkay to me leh. More beng than towkay. . . 😆

• Haha! 1

I said Japanese Rojak not for no reasons... 

Civic eye (upper face) 

cc_2018HOC020013_01_640_RE.jpg

Corolla lip (lower face) 

4349f228-6f30-4d18-a504-c7f73f0abe37.png

C5X profile 

2021-citroen-c5-x.jpg

Raised right height of S60 Cross Country 

volvo_s60_cross_country_7.jpeg

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

51 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Toyota kill the golden goose

The market for the previous crown is no longer bringing in the $

• Praise 2

(edited)

Not graceful lookin' at all ........ dunno @Carbon82 HP is using Nokia ....... B/W images coming out.....like carbon paper .....:a-fun:  

Edited by BanCoe
  • Haha! 1