Next Generation Toyota Crown

Carbon82

Turbocharged
13 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Please hold tight to your chair before you scroll down for the images. 

Are you ready? 

Ok, be prepared, OK? 

Sadly, this is how the new Japanese Rojak will look like...

2023-toyota-crown-patent-image.jpg

Patent images obtained by Japanese magazines from the local trademark bureau show a new take on the Crown. It doesn’t seem to be wearing its distinctive badge, but we're being told this high-riding fastback will indeed be sold as a Crown. The somewhat odd shape should be familiar as the Citroën C5 X and China's Ford Evos have a similar body. Going back in time, we're getting hints of the defunct Honda Crosstour.

The car featured here will reportedly go by the name of Crown Cross and should have the following dimensions: 4,930 mm long, 1,840 mm wide, and 1,540 mm tall, with a wheelbase measuring 2,850 mm. That would make it bigger in every dimension compared to the outgoing sedan, but with a slightly shorter wheelbase.

Sources from the Land of the Rising Sun claim Toyota wants to sell the reinvented Crown with a four-cylinder 2.5-liter hybrid engine hooked out to a CVT. There also might be a turbocharged 2.4-liter with an electric motor and a six-speed automatic. It will sit on the TNGA-K platform and come with a choice between front- and all-wheel drive, with a plug-in hybrid option in the works.

The official premiere is allegedly locked in for July 15. And I forgot to add, when I first saw its face, it is >90% like the Civic. 

The side window profile looks a bit similar to the current Honda Civic.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
8 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

It's a happy car. Let's call it Toyota Clown.... 

Clowns are scary

But if they bring this back as teksi, I'll be happy

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
4 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

The side window profile looks a bit similar to the current Honda Civic.

It looks like the Civic, Mz6 and RX300 had a threesome........

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Soya said:

It looks like the Civic, Mz6 and RX300 had a threesome........

Maybe the same designer weekdays works in Toyota and weekends works in Honda, and then sometimes moonlights in Mazda.

• Haha! 1

More images from Japan patent office, where you can clearly see the Crown logo on the bonnet. 

2023-Toyota-Crown-50.jpg

2023-Toyota-Crown-51.jpg

2023-Toyota-Crown-42.jpg

2023-Toyota-Crown-41.jpg

2023-Toyota-Crown-56.jpg

2023-Toyota-Crown-57.jpg

2023-Toyota-Crown-58.jpg

The car look rather square from the top view. 

• Praise 4

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 6/21/2022 at 10:46 AM, Arogab said:

No matter what design, 100k COE will not see me buying. Haha

100k can buy what car in Thailand? 

Edited by Tohto
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
13 hours ago, Tohto said:

I not sure, but my Fortuner is 1.4-1.8M THB in Thailand. The rest is higher. Merc is locally build, I think over 2M THB can get smaller ones. 100k SGD is 2.5M THB. Should be able to get something good lah. Check it out in website mah

• Haha! 1

Supercharged

It looks like a Honda, Mazda and Toyota at the same time. Maybe we can call it Toyo-Hond-Maz-ta-da! Ta-da! Like the Megazord from power rangers. 

• Haha! 5

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

It looks like a Honda, Mazda and Toyota at the same time. Maybe we can call it Toyo-Hond-Maz-ta-da! Ta-da! Like the Megazord from power rangers. 

my fav power ranger movie when i was a kid. hahaha. 

sHgjdRPYduUCaw3Te2CXaWLpBkm.jpg&f=1&nofb

• Haha! 4

Supersonic
39 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

Dont know why Toyota cars no improve on their design and rather going backwards?

Supercharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Dont know why Toyota cars no improve on their design and rather going backwards?

Maybe they nvr hire younger designers? You can’t teach old dogs new tricks, that’s why no new pattern come out. You see Hyundai hire Audi’s engineers then design became Audi like. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
On 6/23/2022 at 8:30 AM, Tohto said:

On 6/23/2022 at 10:28 PM, Arogab said:

I not sure, but my Fortuner is 1.4-1.8M THB in Thailand. The rest is higher. Merc is locally build, I think over 2M THB can get smaller ones. 100k SGD is 2.5M THB. Should be able to get something good lah. Check it out in website mah

mercedes start from 1.99MB for the A200 ..

bmw has the 218GC and X1 at just about 2MB but you can get the 320d at a "special" price of 2.06MB though this is not found in their official price list .. partly because it is a slightly stripped down version of the M sport, with slightly smaller wheels etc ..

on the other hand about B650,000 buys you the top of the line nissan almera 1.0 turbo with many safety aid and goodies, honda civic mid range EL+ is just past 1MB ..

btw 1MB is about SGD40,000

Edited by Mooose
  • Praise 6

16 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the sales of this crown flop.

i dont know, to me the crown caters to a very traditional japanese head of corporation type of people .. conservative looks, quiet, comfortable (i remember the crown offers wool upholstery instead of leather as standard because their customers prefer it and it is more comfortable to the touch - this shows that it should not blindly follow the trend (e.g of going animal skins for everything from seats to dashboard) .. 

not that this new design is not nice but it may be a little too progressive for these conservatives?

↡ Advertisement