Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback new 1.0 variants

Shouyi

Internal Moderator

https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=26893

The three-cylinder unit in both cars produces a total of 108bhp alongside a peak torque of 200Nm, as opposed to the 148bhp and 250Nm of torque which the cars equipped with the 1.5-litre four-cylinder engines offer.

But the upside of opting for the smaller engine is that you'll be able to register your car here with a Cat A COE. Of course, the asking prices are lower as well, with the 1.0-litre Audi A3 Sportback asking for $186,369, as opposed to the $207,635 the 1.5-litre Sportback starts from.

The 1.0-litre A3 Sedan meanwhile, starts at $188,148, as opposed to the $209,415 the 1.5-litre equivalent is asking for.

Paired to a seven-speed gearbox and sending power to the front wheels, the new 1.0-litre cars will both complete the sprint to 100km/h from a standstill in 10.6 seconds, whereas both 1.5-litre cars will see to the same sprint in just 8.4 seconds.

• Haha! 1

1 litre  turbo engine will be very strained IMO to pull the chassis. Couldn’t Audi just  detune the 1.5 turbo to 129 bhp so that it slots into cat A 😂

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
35 minutes ago, Melody288 said:

BMW 116i HB and 216i GC also under Cat A.  Think A3 wants to compete in this segment too. 

at least bimmer is same engine just detuned. want to bring it back to *18 shouldn't be too difficult.

while this is a different engine.

33 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

1 litre  turbo engine will be very strained IMO to pull the chassis. Couldn’t Audi just  detune the 1.5 turbo to 129 bhp so that it slots into cat A 😂

Lower omv for lower selling price or to maximize profit

2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Expensive small cars with small engines might leave CatB but it will end up driving up CatA prices.

Yep. ADs will think of ways to drive sales

I have a feeling that this 1.0T engine will soon find its way to VW, Skoda and Seat 1.5T cars on sale here. E.g vw golf. Seat leon, skoda octavia.

7 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

For lower speed associated with city driving it's ok, coz there's still 200nm torque with speedy dsg speed.

Only when u go above 100km/h then the lack of power will be more obvious. 

• Praise 1

(edited)

I’m pretty disgusted by the pricing of these lower capacity models.. take for example

A3 1L list price $188k with CAT A COE @ $74k, meaning price without COE is $114k

A3 1.5L list price $209k with CAT B COE @ $101k, meaning price without COE is $108k

The same can be said for 216i vs 218i Gran Coupe.. the VES rebate is completely omitted and doesn’t result in a much lower list price. The ADs actually have a higher profit margin for lower cap models when the basic cost without COE is logically gonna be lower too

Edited by Conan86
  • Angry 1

(edited)

uniquely spore pay more for less

like property ma … 

700-750sqft is cheaper in price to make it “affordable” but the $psf is fking higher to increase profit margin !!!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Conan86 said:

I’m pretty disgusted by the pricing of these lower capacity models.. take for example

A3 1L list price $188k with CAT A COE @ $74k, meaning price without COE is $114k

A3 1.5L list price $209k with CAT B COE @ $101k, meaning price without COE is $108k

The same can be said for 216i vs 218i Gran Coupe.. the VES rebate is completely omitted and doesn’t result in a much lower list price. The ADs actually have a higher profit margin for lower cap models when the basic cost without COE is logically gonna be lower too

hm think it might be better to buy 1-3 year old outgoing A3 model with the 1.4 litre engine which are still under warranty if cannot stretch for the new "overpriced " A3 models

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

ok what. spore top speed is 90kmph hor [sly]  😛 

the way some cars drive seems like 90Km/h +++++ in many parts of the highway😆

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1