Shouyi

3 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

One swallow does not make a summer.

:D

knowing you, who is Summer?  Who she swallow? 😁

@Turboflat4 asking

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 8

Basket! I thought I clicked into the wrong thread. Title says Genesis, but scrolling from page 1 to 2, all I see is Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, Infiniti, Mercedes, etc. and I nearly spit when someone mentioned 'Swallow'. Come on, it is a bird lah, what thinking you? :D:D

OK back to topic, let me share some insider info. A total of 4 unit of G80 was brought in between end of last year and Mar this year. The first 2 were shipped out to Johor (not difficult to guess its owner), and this other 2 for local evaluation. Probably another 2 will arrive before end of the year. 

No confirmation if it will finally be on the local product line up though. Beside the cost, supply (allocation) remain a challenge, at least for now. 

• Praise 10
  • Haha! 5

I think i did see once a genesis G80 at SPC along Dunearn road think a few weeks back. Didnt take a picture of it though sadly.

The lady driver seemed rather annoyed  that day when paying for the petrol.😆

• Haha! 3

25 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Basket! I thought I clicked into the wrong thread. Title says Genesis, but scrolling from page 1 to 2, all I see is Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, Infiniti, Mercedes, etc. and I nearly spit when someone mentioned 'Swallow'. Come on, it is a bird lah, what thinking you? :D:D

OK back to topic, let me share some insider info. A total of 4 unit of G80 was brought in between end of last year and Mar this year. The first 2 were shipped out to Johor (not difficult to guess its owner), and this other 2 for local evaluation. Probably another 2 will arrive before end of the year. 

No confirmation if it will finally be on the local product line up though. Beside the cost, supply (allocation) remain a challenge, at least for now. 

you spit?

din swallow?

hahahahaha

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
On 6/22/2022 at 1:07 PM, inlinesix said:

Comparing MIC Crown vs MIJ GS is unfair la.

MIJ Crown is made in the same plant as GS.

Even Merc E uses different materials in China vs Germany.

That's why they sell different price and call it different grade is totally justifiable 

• Praise 1

On 6/22/2022 at 9:31 PM, RadX said:

you spit?

din swallow?

hahahahaha

N now U  tokking blue birds nest ?? 

1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

N now U  tokking blue birds nest ?? 

Yea looks blue and not sure if it’s a nest or they are birds😂😂

745FB393-E1D5-4B6C-81B6-C2E6406A43A6.jpeg

• Haha! 6

Twincharged
On 6/22/2022 at 9:11 PM, Confusedboi said:

I think i did see once a genesis G80 at SPC along Dunearn road think a few weeks back. Didnt take a picture of it though sadly.

The lady driver seemed rather annoyed  that day when paying for the petrol.😆

Of course lah,3.8 V6 Gas Guzzler,so high Fuel Price,somemore just a Korean Car,if drive BMW 7 Series or Mercedes Benz S-Class still alright,''Pariah'' Car,nobody know about it...Some 2nd Hand Car Dealers also don't want to ''Eat''.

• Haha! 5

1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

Of course lah,3.8 V6 Gas Guzzler,so high Fuel Price,somemore just a Korean Car,if drive BMW 7 Series or Mercedes Benz S-Class still alright,''Pariah'' Car,nobody know about it...Some 2nd Hand Car Dealers also don't want to ''Eat''.

In the end boils down to badge status which Hyundai is lacking. In other markets the genesis brand is selling rather well like in USA. Asian markets in particular value face and bagde snobbery more than ang moh markets.

• Sad 1

On 6/21/2022 at 5:14 PM, Shouyi said:

A Genesis G80 was registered in May 2022. The brand is back in Singapore ?

image.thumb.png.ccb7a00cf1cf0ea2734952a35ddb404a.png

Should be as diplomatic vehicle. I saw a G80 with diplomatic plates back in April near little india area.

23 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

In the end boils down to badge status which Hyundai is lacking. In other markets the genesis brand is selling rather well like in USA. Asian markets in particular value face and bagde snobbery more than ang moh markets.

Korean car brands are definitely not for you if you want to be perceived as wealthy and successful.  The Germans are the ones to go for.

I would go for Genesis if they are available and I have the $$, especially their full electric offerings. The interior quality looks top notch. 

On 6/22/2022 at 10:28 AM, Arogab said:

If you just look at infiniti and lexus wihtout looking at the brand, you will find the difference

The Lexus looks like a Toyota... while the Infiniti looks nothing like a Nissan... 

• Haha! 1

On 6/26/2022 at 1:49 PM, Ganwb79 said:

I would go for Genesis if they are available and I have the $$, especially their full electric offerings. The interior quality looks top notch. 

I think we really very low priority for stock... wait long long...

(edited)
17 minutes ago, teomingern said:

I think we really very low priority for stock... wait long long...

I finally chanced upon one driving past at Leng Kee. A current gen white G80, really swee. I think must be there for servicing. Wasnt expecting there are actually a few units here until I saw this thread.

image.png.ba9fe482e7f9fcb8d889122a1385a994.png

Edited by Alfc
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged
14 hours ago, teomingern said:

The Lexus looks like a Toyota... while the Infiniti looks nothing like a Nissan... 

Aiyah, I can tell you lah, it is all how you look at it. If you say Lexus look like Toyota, then why people buy Lexus. Some people also say Merc latest E class look like Kia. I don't mind leh, if COE is 50K I will buy liao. I also like the New NX. Buy what you like lah, people all will keep saying one

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4