Singapore-Desaru Ferry Service

Blueray

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, teomingern said:

Absolutely scares the wits out of me... you brave!

not that bad for me because of my work experience with such matters, although on larger scale.

i've also put my current car on the ferry to Ko Samui and Penang, which admittedly are much larger but may not be necessarily more seaworthy 😅

BTW most (if not all) car insurers in SG don't cover the car if it's transported on water.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
19 hours ago, teomingern said:

How fast then do you think the ferry will be? 2 hours is already quite slow for what is called a 'fast ferry' leh... plus if it's the type that I took before to Tioman - it's super noisy and vibrates like crazy...

Anyway not for me... my wife can't swim - she sure veto this option... ha ha...

I am more worry of the how stable it is? Will it cause sea sickness easily. The wave of the South China Sea during monsoon season should be quite strong.

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Soya said:

Wah sei....$118 x family of 4 oredi nearly $480. Can't see a beeline for tixs....

Can pump many many tank of Ron 97 petrol...

• Haha! 1

Desaru nothing much to see or do, to spend $118 might as well go Batam or Bintan where ferry ticket is cheaper.

• Praise 2

13 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Desaru nothing much to see or do, to spend $118 might as well go Batam or Bintan where ferry ticket is cheaper.

how much there?

51 minutes ago, Tohto said:

I am more worry of the how stable it is? Will it cause sea sickness easily. The wave of the South China Sea during monsoon season should be quite strong.

My last experience was that the ferry tended to crash over the waves due to it's speed... it wasn't very big... I refer to the fast ferry to Pulau Tioman.... definitely had lots of green gills onboard that trip... but we were young and recovered once we landed...

11 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

how much there?

Last I check was like $20? Used to have those last min tickets which could be bought very cheaply... from the counter I think...

Desaru coast seems like a nice quiet place to go. For family with kids it can look quite sian, nothing to do.

But can bring xiao san there. Wont run into someone you know and it is quite loh-mantic. 

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

how much there?

used to pay about $50 from Qoo10, think now price increase to $70, still cheaper.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Wow... Just saw the location of the ferry terminal. It is quite up north, in fact runs parallel for 16km along the desaru coastline. Desaru waves are already very choppy. Hopefully won't be too much of a roller coaster.

Was hoping it would be much further down south.

Edited by Karoon

Hypersonic

I am just guessing will the ferry terminal become white elephant at the end like many of their project with the ticket price.

8 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

4 pax ticket is 472 dollars. I think it would be cheaper to drive there and more freedom. 

Drive is definitely much better during normal weekends or weekdays. But during peak period, some might actually pay for this since you avoid the crowds at the causeway.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Tohto said:

I am just guessing will the ferry terminal become white elephant at the end like many of their project with the ticket price.

I guess the ticket price will be adjusted according to demand. 

Honestly, many people want to travel there esp over the weekend - price is the main factor.

Hope there can be another service to Puteri harbor too!

Edited by ToyotaShuttle
↡ Advertisement