Singapore-Desaru Ferry Service

Blueray

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Soya said:

Might be like Bintan. Resort bus will take u straight from jetty to hotel n imprison u there for a few days.....

If the hotel got nice facility and activities, some people would not mind to imprison there and simply just enjoy the services provided. 😂

↡ Advertisement

22 minutes ago, Soya said:

Might be like Bintan. Resort bus will take u straight from jetty to hotel n imprison u there for a few days.....

No imprisonment lah...you're free to roam around the compound under house arrest...😁

• Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If the hotel got nice facility and activities, some people would not mind to imprison there and simply just enjoy the services provided. 😂

Safer to stay put...it's a jungle out there...lots of praying eyes...and hands...

Singapore-Desaru ferry services to begin operating on Jul 7, tickets on sale starting Jun 30

JOHOR BAHRU: A ferry service between Tanah Merah terminal in Singapore and Desaru Coast terminal in Johor will begin operating on Jul 7.

In a joint press statement issued by Desaru Coast Destination Resort and Desaru Link Ferry Services on Wednesday (Jun 22), they said that in the initial months, the ferry operator will offer one round trip service daily with a 330-passenger capacity ferry between Thursdays and Sundays.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/singapore-desaru-ferry-services-begin-jul-7-ticket-sale-jun-30-2762466

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

regarding a car ferry service, these would work for shallow water berths but probably not pass MPA requirements for seaworthiness 😅

i took this red one in Nan, Thailand. It's to cross a man-made reservoir. Very calm waters.

1294707526_WhatsAppImage2022-06-22at10_15_13PM.thumb.jpeg.15c9f297a844f8f5ab2ab79ca89d523b.jpeg

this blue one is in Songkhla. I wanted to take it for fun (cross a lake) but the queue was too long.

2053625641_WhatsAppImage2022-06-22at10_15_00PM.thumb.jpeg.88ffaae4b944a7952851bc1300752275.jpeg

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Turbocharged
On 6/21/2022 at 9:25 PM, inlinesix said:

My plan is to cycle from Singapore to Desaru. Take ferry back to Tanah Merah.

let us know what's their policy for bringing bikes onboard (i presume foldie?)

maybe i'll do the lazy version of yours - ferry there, ride around, ferry back 😄

• Haha! 1

On 6/21/2022 at 8:52 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Should allow cars to board the ferry like those in penang

How fast then do you think the ferry will be? 2 hours is already quite slow for what is called a 'fast ferry' leh... plus if it's the type that I took before to Tioman - it's super noisy and vibrates like crazy...

Anyway not for me... my wife can't swim - she sure veto this option... ha ha...

• Haha! 1

On 6/22/2022 at 9:24 AM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Alot new one but damn ex

Yeah agree... the new hotels all branded ones like Hard Rock Hotel etc... the water theme park is also expensive... really targeting Singaporeans lor...

• Praise 1

On 6/22/2022 at 3:08 PM, Soya said:

Only if you stay with Nirwana Resorts lor... if you stay in the main town area, then you are not held hostage to the exorbitant transfer fees to town mah... but I guess if the resort is good enough, then don't need to go to town lor...

On 6/22/2022 at 3:06 PM, Soya said:

They used to have that. Remember i drove my car onto the ferry from desaru to tanah merah back in the 90s. Pretty good

Wow! You brave leh... not scared the ferry sink with your car? Malaysia leh... in SEA, I not so confident to take my car on the ferry... heh heh...

On 6/22/2022 at 10:21 PM, Shibadog said:

regarding a car ferry service, these would work for shallow water berths but probably not pass MPA requirements for seaworthiness 😅

i took this red one in Nan, Thailand. It's to cross a man-made reservoir. Very calm waters.

1294707526_WhatsAppImage2022-06-22at10_15_13PM.thumb.jpeg.15c9f297a844f8f5ab2ab79ca89d523b.jpeg

this blue one is in Songkhla. I wanted to take it for fun (cross a lake) but the queue was too long.

2053625641_WhatsAppImage2022-06-22at10_15_00PM.thumb.jpeg.88ffaae4b944a7952851bc1300752275.jpeg

Absolutely scares the wits out of me... you brave!

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

$120 for 2 ways. Lol so expensive 

That's for one person? Like that family of 4 will cost $480... I presume it's S$ lar... faint... go Malaysia suppose to be cheap cheap budget trip... 

31 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Two hours from Singapore, an ultra-luxe resort in Desaru with silat classes, water sports and nature walks

https://cnaluxury.channelnewsasia.com/experiences/one-and-only-desaru-coast-malaysia-201686

CNA say one [:)]

This one run by Khazanah... hmmm... you know lar...

I think Hard Rock Hotel more reliable... will maintain the standard better since it's international chain...

Supersonic
2 hours ago, teomingern said:

Wow! You brave leh... not scared the ferry sink with your car? Malaysia leh... in SEA, I not so confident to take my car on the ferry... heh heh...

Not that bad la. Quite a decent boat actually. Can stand outside do the Titanic thingy somemore.....lol

• Haha! 1

Sales begin for Singapore-Desaru Ferry, return tickets going for S$118

However, passengers could obtain the return tickets at the special price of S$98 during a promotion period from Jul 7 until Oct 6. 

According to Batam Fast, when the ferry services begin operating on Jul 7, there will be one return trip daily from Thursday to Sunday for this three month period.

The ferry from the Tanah Merah terminal will depart at 8.30am Singapore time, while the return trip from Desaru will leave at 5.30pm.  

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/tickets-singapore-desaru-ferry-services-2782646

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1