Singapore-Desaru Ferry Service

Blueray

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Drive is definitely much better during normal weekends or weekdays. But during peak period, some might actually pay for this since you avoid the crowds at the causeway.

You may enjoy the ferry ride there, but, when you reach there without a car is very helpless.

↡ Advertisement

17 hours ago, Shibadog said:

not that bad for me because of my work experience with such matters, although on larger scale.

i've also put my current car on the ferry to Ko Samui and Penang, which admittedly are much larger but may not be necessarily more seaworthy 😅

BTW most (if not all) car insurers in SG don't cover the car if it's transported on water.

Yup... thanks for the heads up... confirm no car ferry for me unless it's rental car... did it only once in Norway when crossing the Hardangervida Plateau from Bergen to Oslo... at Bruravik... now got a suspension bridge already so don't need ferry... it was a good experience... my first and maybe last one... heh...

2 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Drive is definitely much better during normal weekends or weekdays. But during peak period, some might actually pay for this since you avoid the crowds at the causeway.

Just drive in at 5 am lor... and come back at 2 am lor...

4 hours ago, Karoon said:

Wow... Just saw the location of the ferry terminal. It is quite up north, in fact runs parallel for 16km along the desaru coastline. Desaru waves are already very choppy. Hopefully won't be too much of a roller coaster.

Was hoping it would be much further down south.

I thought it's close to the Desaru Coast hotels?

3 hours ago, Fitvip said:

You may enjoy the ferry ride there, but, when you reach there without a car is very helpless.

is it difficult to get grab there? johor grab very cheap

17 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

dun think they will go to ulu place there.

Supersonic
21 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Not sure. If Grab is convenient, then, it may be OK to take the ferry.

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, teomingern said:

I thought it's close to the Desaru Coast hotels?

Yes its quite close.

On 7/1/2022 at 5:29 PM, ToyotaShuttle said:

you going for holiday? or torture yourself huh?

Sitting for a few hours in a traffic jam is the real torture...

For those who wish to drive all the way there I think it is not a problem. No need to wait for ferry anyway.

But the point of going there is to R&R. If you wish to go anyway nearby can always take grab.

Supersonic

The ferry ride is 90 mins which i find quite long le. Might as well go batam which is 45 mins ferry ride.

41 minutes ago, 13177 said:

The ferry ride is 90 mins which i find quite long le. Might as well go batam which is 45 mins ferry ride.

I wonder if the distance for the ferry ride to Desaru is longer or the one to Batam is longer? Or it's the speed of the boat...

13 minutes ago, teomingern said:

I wonder if the distance for the ferry ride to Desaru is longer or the one to Batam is longer? Or it's the speed of the boat...

double the distant.

* edit: i put the wrong terminal, tanah merah was further down the coast [laugh]

Desaru-Coast-Ferry-Terminal-Google-Maps.png.8864c2c7d2643678de5648c27ffe57a4.png

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

and that too getting public transport from that area also quite difficult and Jardine Steps is more central .... anyways its for different escape I guess   

↡ Advertisement